PDA

View Full Version : OT: Ricky Williams wants to sign with Oakland in 2005

_Ghost_Hackers
08-04-2004, 04:28 PM
Ricky Williams was in Oakland last weekend, visiting his twin sister, Cassie, and enjoying the first week of the rest of his life. He had a wonderful time, and experienced absolutely zero regrets that he wasn't at the Miami Dolphins' training camp. Now here's the interesting part: Williams likes Oakland so much, he expressed the desire to play there in 2005. According to the 27-year-old halfback, who officially filed retirement papers with the NFL earlier this week, playing for the Raiders is "the only way I would" consider a comeback."It would be great," he said. "I'd love it."

In an interview conducted via America Online's instant-messenger service, Williams likes the idea of wearing the silver-and-black uniform as soon as next summer. He cited the team's offensive line and the presence of coach Norv Turner, his offensive coordinator the previous two seasons in Miami, as elements that make the Raiders attractive. Turner, after all, called the plays when Williams had his monster season in 2002, leading the NFL with 1,853 rushing yards.

Williams, a native of San Diego, also gave another reason for wanting to play in Oakland: "I love Cali." Only in the Golden State, Williams believes, can his unconventional sensibilities be accepted, and nowhere more than in the Raider Nation, a land inhabited by "crazy fans who would expect a weirdo."

Kolbiss
08-04-2004, 04:32 PM
what nut job....he does fit in