PDA

View Full Version : Ricky a Raider in 2005?

McBFLO
08-04-2004, 05:13 PM
Check it out: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2004/writers/michael_silver/08/04/silver.openmike/index.html

TheGhostofJimKelly
08-04-2004, 05:14 PM
Isn't there some kind of ramification if someone retires after failing a drug test and then comes back?

McBFLO
08-04-2004, 05:18 PM
he'd face a 4-game suspension i think

StanMarino13
08-04-2004, 05:28 PM
Being in the program for testing positive and retireing he cant be reinstated for a year, then when he comes back in a year from now(if he does) he still faces a four game suspension, and after that four game suspension he still doesnt get paid for the next four games.

casdhf
08-04-2004, 05:35 PM
"In an interview conducted via America Online's instant-messenger service, Williams said he likes the idea of wearing the silver-and-black uniform as soon as next summer. "

Anyway to find out his screen name? That would be some fun.

McBFLO
08-04-2004, 05:37 PM
Originally posted by casdhf
"In an interview conducted via America Online's instant-messenger service, Williams said he likes the idea of wearing the silver-and-black uniform as soon as next summer. "

Anyway to find out his screen name? That would be some fun.

Just think of the possibilities!

Schobel94
08-04-2004, 06:21 PM
The Dolphins still have the rights to him and would want a hefty price for him. It's like the Barry Sanders thing. I don't think Miami would want to give him up.

Hemlepp53
08-04-2004, 06:26 PM
Raiders... Ouch.. That would be a massive improvment for the Raiders. Warren Sapp and Dicky Williams... Thats Right DICKY Williams...

Ickybaluky
08-04-2004, 06:53 PM
Williams will be subject to an indefinite suspension should he return from retirement.

If a player in the NFL substance abuse program retires and then comes back at a later date it is considered a failed test in the program. If Ricky were to return, that would be a 4th failed test which comes with an indefinite suspension.

Guys who have been suspended indefinitely have come back after missing only 8 games, but only if they can demonstrate they are clean and the NFL decides to let them back. Ricky would have to petition the league for reinstatement and be allowed back before he could return.

Tatonka
08-04-2004, 08:15 PM
ricky will never play again. he cant stay off the weed...

Tatonka
08-04-2004, 08:15 PM
and wtf is the mistique of playing for the raider? they ****ing suck.. i would play for miami in a heartbeat before the raiders.

Bulldog
08-05-2004, 08:47 AM
Originally posted by NE39
Williams will be subject to an indefinite suspension should he return from retirement.

If a player in the NFL substance abuse program retires and then comes back at a later date it is considered a failed test in the program. If Ricky were to return, that would be a 4th failed test which comes with an indefinite suspension.

Guys who have been suspended indefinitely have come back after missing only 8 games, but only if they can demonstrate they are clean and the NFL decides to let them back. Ricky would have to petition the league for reinstatement and be allowed back before he could return.

I think the indefinate suspension is only applicable if Williams attempts to re-enter the league before one year has elapsed since his retirement. He will have to serve the four game suspension though upon his return.

Ebenezer
08-05-2004, 08:50 AM
IMO, he just doesn't want to play for the 'Fish anymore...

G. Host
08-05-2004, 09:09 AM
Originally posted by Tatonka
and wtf is the mistique of playing for the raider? they ****ing suck.. i would play for miami in a heartbeat before the raiders.

It is a California thing ... RJ said just about the same thing

Personally I think Al Davis spikes the Gatorade