PDA

View Full Version : Everytime I watch NFL LIVE on ESPN

Bill Brasky
08-04-2004, 08:15 PM
I feel like the NFL only has 3 teams - Philly, Dallas, and NY and I'm getting pretty sick of it. I think it sucks they never even mention or talk about the Bills, but also the other teams in the league. I could write a ****ing autobiography about Kurt Warner, Bill Parcells, and Donovan McNabb if I wanted to because ESPN has a massive boner for these guys and never gives any info about the other teams. :mad:

The Spaz
08-04-2004, 08:30 PM
:rofl: So true!:beers:

Mr. Miyagi
08-04-2004, 08:31 PM
All in the same division too. Go figure.

That Guy
08-04-2004, 08:33 PM
I don't see the big deal with the NFC East this year. Philadelphia is the only real strong team in the division (Washington's quarterback situation isn't a playoff one), yet this seems to be like the god-given division to the NFL media.

...also it doesn't hurt that three of the teams in the division are like the biggest east coast medias. Dallas has been overhyped since the seventies (and that damn 'America's Team BS'), Washington had it's every-other-year spending spree, Philly is built to be the Super Bowl Champ, and New York overhypes everything. It doesn't surprise me.

bills_7
08-04-2004, 09:19 PM
dont forget Farve

That Guy
08-04-2004, 09:34 PM
Oh yeah... the four teams that matter to the NFL... Philly, Dallas, NY and Brett Favre (and... that... team he's on?).

Bill Brasky
08-04-2004, 09:53 PM
I just get sick of never knowing what's going on with the other teams because it's important for me to be reminded every single day that the Giants have a QB controversy that Tom Coughlin (who has never done ANYTHING with his coaching career) can fix because he's a great coach.

Sometimes I get the feeling that none of these ESPN football programs care about the other teams in the NFL... they should just be called PHILLY LIVE or NEW YORK GIANTS LIVE... that way it will at least warn fans who actually want to hear about more than 2 or 3 teams not to tune into this garbage. If I wanted that ****ing crap I'd watch MSG and listen to those bozo's talk about how much Gilbride will improve their already ****ty offense.

Today they spent the entire first 15 minutes talking about the Quincy Carter thing. Granted, that was the story of the day, but do you think if Drew Bledsoe was cut for doing cocaine they would spend HALF of a show that is suppossed to be covering ALL of the teams in the league on just him? I guarentee they will spend at least 10 minutes talking about it tomorrow. I know there are some people that may use the argument like "Dallas is a bigger market than Buffalo" but should that make me, or fans in any of the other NFL markets care anymore about some sub-par druggie who has screwed up more than once?

The other thing that aggrivates me is they talk up Philly every year. Every year they are the team to beat, yet they never beat anybody when it counts and we have to put up with their fans excuses and crying about how their poor city never wins anything. When the Bills WON 4 straight AFC titles they didn't get this much hype. If I was an outsider and didn't know any better, the way Philly is talked up every single year I'd think they were Super Bowl champs 6 years running.

As far as the whole Farve thing... I think Tom Brady is slowly taking that glory from him.

mypoorfriendme
08-04-2004, 10:40 PM
august 12th...espn live @ bills camp :up:

Bill Brasky
08-04-2004, 10:41 PM
Yeah, right, and Moulds pulled his groin again. ESPN doesn't even know where Buffalo is.

The Spaz
08-04-2004, 10:46 PM
:monkey:other teams

Dozerdog
08-04-2004, 11:09 PM
NFL Sirius Satelite my freinds!

I won't leave my car a gain- awesome coverage on the NFL- I don't know when this board announced the Quincy Carter news- but Sirius was reporting it around 10 AM

It's like the NFL total access show ( they actually simulcast it) but all day.

Ian Eagle and Shannon Sharpe for 3 hours, Steve Cohn and Coach Reeves in the morning, Steve Cohn and Gil Brandt in the afternoons....And also John Riggins

It was awesome- a caller calls in asking about the new Special teams coach for the Buccanneers or someone- and so what do they do? Instead of giving some bull**** answer- they said "Let's call Steve Tasker"-

Bingo! In the hour Tasker was on giving his opinions- then gave a great breakdown of the Bills & training camp for 20 minutes.

They also went into great detail about the Tim Brown situation.
\
Basically- he's 15 pounds overweight, and could not beat out the rookies and scrubs defending him at the mini camps.

Bill Brasky
08-04-2004, 11:11 PM
Holy crap that's sweet. My friend had Sirius and my parents have XM... Sirius is WAYYYYYY better. I never listened to the NFL chanel though.

Dozerdog
08-04-2004, 11:12 PM
I'm actually considering running a 50 foot wire to the car and plugging it into my home speakers. (Too cheap to get the home kit)

Dozerdog
08-04-2004, 11:13 PM
Originally posted by jfreeman
Holy crap that's sweet. My friend had Sirius and my parents have XM... Sirius is WAYYYYYY better. I never listened to the NFL chanel though.

They launched it only a few weeks ago- but the live studio call in shows started Monday.

Bill Brasky
08-04-2004, 11:13 PM
Or you could get a motor home and just live in it.

Dozerdog
08-04-2004, 11:14 PM
Coming soon- every preseason and regular season game - with no regional blackouts like the stupid TV Satelite company!!!

Bill Brasky
08-04-2004, 11:18 PM
I've been contemplating buying, but now I think I am going to. It's just too good not to have, since radio sucks nowadays.

The Natrix
08-04-2004, 11:25 PM
I usually pull for the Eagles in the NFC since I had season tickets during the Cuse McNabb years. But this year, I hope they fall flat on their face.

BAM
08-04-2004, 11:26 PM
I hear you, J. It's a waste of time till the season starts pretty much!

Dozerdog
08-04-2004, 11:33 PM
i will never buy a new car again without it already installed

Bill Brasky
08-04-2004, 11:36 PM
My parents got a new 2005 Denali with XM built in... but it only lasted for the first few months they had it then expired and they didn't renew. My little brother's got pissed and they re-subscibed eventhough I told them Sirius was way better.