PDA

View Full Version : Marques Sullivan

HenryRules
08-04-2004, 09:13 PM
What about Sullivan as a suprise cut this year?

He's at best the 4th guard on our depth chart by all reports (behind Villariel, Pucillo, and Tucker) and for the last 2 offseasons, all reports relating to him talk about his lack of commitment. I know he looked pretty good in his second season, but if he's not producing, has a bad attitude, and can't get off the bench on a bad OL in his 4th season, is he really worth sticking with?

My guess is he makes the team, but I won't be surpised at all if he gets cut ... and if we pick up kendall, I think Sullivan is as good as gone.

TigerJ
08-04-2004, 09:26 PM
TD is on record as saying they don't like Kendall. I know TD, like most GMs is prone to mislead the media and fans from time to time, but this sounds too blunt to me to be a case of trying to mislead.

Tatonka
08-04-2004, 10:10 PM
they just resigned sullivan for dirt cheap for 4 years.. he aint going no where.

Throne Logic
08-05-2004, 01:55 AM
He might move to RT if Big Mike moves into play LG. He'd be backing up Price, most likely.

tomdonahoe
08-05-2004, 06:13 AM
If I'm correct I think Sullivan is out of the guard race completely and is only being considered as a tackle by his own request. Its a shame because the man played well at guard and is a gigantic human being.

Jan Reimers
08-05-2004, 06:41 AM
Sullivan is listed on the latest Bills depth chart as Jennings' backup at LT. Apparently he's more comfortable as a 2nd string tackle than a competitor for the starting LG position. I can't stand his lackadaisical attitude.

G. Host
08-05-2004, 07:00 AM
Cutting or trading of 'Sulking' Sullivan would make me very happy. Maybe a team will lose a OT in preseason and get desperate and offer future draft picks.

HenryRules
08-05-2004, 07:29 AM
Originally posted by Tatonka
they just resigned sullivan for dirt cheap for 4 years.. he aint going no where.

They also signed him using a minimal signing bonus and cutting him would save money against this year's cap and the dead cap next year would be an amount lower than the cap hit if he were with the team.

G. Host
08-05-2004, 09:12 AM
A cheap contract also makes him easier to trade. That is what all of the "Trade Henry" advocates keep saying.

Bulldog
08-05-2004, 12:15 PM
Sullivan will be the starting LT after Jennings bolts via free agency.