View Full Version : Ricky would like to come back and play

Gunzlingr
08-05-2004, 08:41 AM
for the Raiders :snicker:

Sounds like Sage Rosenfels could be the QB next year too :snicker:

Ricky says he'd come back for Raiders
By Greg A. Bedard

Thursday, August 05, 2004

DAVIE — Former Dolphins running back Ricky Williams said in a SI.com report Wednesday that the only way he would consider a comeback would be with the Oakland Raiders.

"It would be great," Williams told the Sports Illustrated Web site via AOL Instant Messenger. "I'd love it."

Williams is a San Diego native, and his twin sister, Cassie, lives in Oakland.

EMAIL THIS
PRINT THIS
POPULAR PAGES Williams filed his retirement papers with the league this week, which means the earliest he could return to the NFL would be the 2005 season. He is under contract with the Dolphins for two more seasons, so Williams would have to be traded from Miami to Oakland.

Last week the Raiders were rumored to have contacted the Dolphins about trading for Williams, but Dolphins General Manager Rick Spielman denied the reports.

If Williams does return to the league, he will be subject to a $650,000 fine and a four-game suspension for violating the league's substance-abuse policy. Williams has said the league informed him of a third failed drug test prior to his retirement announcement.

Add a touch of Sage: The refrain coming into Dolphins camp — before the retirement of a certain running back — was, "Jay or A.J.?"

Some players think that tune, however, may soon change to "Why not Sage?"

Actually, observers already are asking questions about why Sage Rosenfels isn't being given a chance to join the starting quarterback competition between incumbent Jay Fiedler and A.J. Feeley, whom the Dolphins acquired for a second-round pick from Philadelphia.

With far fewer opportunities, Rosenfels has outplayed the other quarterbacks. After not getting a rep on the first day of camp, he threw touchdown passes on his first attempt during each of the next three days. Rosenfels didn't throw a TD on his first touch Wednesday, but he did hit fullback Doug Easlick in the numbers for a 15-yard gain.

"As far as I can tell, the only knock on me is a lack experience," said Rosenfels, who is in his third season with the Dolphins after Washington drafted him in 2000 out of Iowa State. "I don't have it yet."

Full story (http://www.palmbeachpost.com/dolphins/content/sports/epaper/2004/08/05/a6c_finsnotes_0805.html)

lordofgun
08-05-2004, 08:45 AM
"It would be great," Williams told the Sports Illustrated Web site via AOL Instant Messenger. "I'd love it."

:rofl:

Ebenezer
08-05-2004, 08:46 AM
interesting that the coach of the raiders is??????????? his former O-cordinator in Miami!! Looks like he just doesn't want to play in Miami any more.

LtBillsFan66
08-05-2004, 08:52 AM
Originally posted by lordofgun

:rofl:

Isn't branding and cross promoting great! :D

Maybe it was a fake alias. Maybe it was really EE. :D