PDA

View Full Version : McCardell release request dismissed by Bucs

Gunzlingr
08-05-2004, 08:48 AM
LAKE BUENA VISTA - Even though Keenan McCardell's agent has suggested his client be released, Bucs general manager Bruce Allen is having a hard time imagining McCardell in another uniform this season.
``I'm not big on absolutes, but no, he's a Buc,'' Allen said of the holdout Pro Bowl receiver. ``We want him here. We have jersey No. 87 waiting for him. But until he changes his mind, there's nothing we can do.''

McCardell's agent, Gary Uberstine, suggested a release might be in the best interests of both parties, since neither side is willing to budge on McCardell's quest to get a larger contract.

``He signed a contract two years ago and committed himself to the Bucs for four years and that's all we're asking him to do,'' Allen said. ``The economics that he's asking for is not something that we are going to do.''

As for the salary cap relief Uberstine said the Bucs would get if McCardell was released, Allen said they've already got it.

more (http://bucs.tbo.com/bucs/MGBU00B7IXD.html)

The Spaz
08-05-2004, 08:50 AM
I heard he couldl be traded for Jimmy Smith of the Jaguars as well.

tampabay25690
08-05-2004, 09:13 AM
Yea trust me its a bunch of BS here. He thinks he is worth a deal for 4-5 yrs for 4 million+, I don't see any team giving him a contract like that. He is getting 2.5 million right now and thats not good enough I guess. But I say the Bucs will not budge on this at all, they have Michael Clayto working as the starter now he was the 1st round choice out of LSU......SO we will se what happens