PDA

View Full Version : Pats @ Bills tv ratings

mybills
11-01-2002, 10:06 AM
Can you imagine what the tv ratings will be this weekend? They should be huge even without factoring in the multiple fans who will be both at the game, and surrounding one tv to watch with friends! I'm just thrilled that the Bills will be 1/2 of the reason! :D

Mr. Miyagi
11-01-2002, 10:16 AM
I know I'll be contributing to the TV rating....

clumping platelets
11-01-2002, 10:24 AM
Fat Tony!!

Can we get an over/under??

I'll take the over :)

Cliff Klaven
11-01-2002, 10:25 AM
Many of the people here in Boston are not going to watch the game. There is a free concert by the band Boston on the Esplanade. Everybody is going!

Mr. Miyagi
11-01-2002, 10:29 AM
You Bostonians might as well not watch the game. Save yourselves some tears. :D :stupid:

Cliff Klaven
11-01-2002, 10:58 AM
Well, actually, there are putting the game on two local channels in the hopes of helping ratings but the concert is going to cut into that. They are expecting 500,000.

blcny
11-01-2002, 11:06 AM
500,000 for Boston, come on!!!
Hey I like a free concert and all, but Bledsoe vs the Patriots!!!
Not a lot of fans are going to miss this game.

don137
11-01-2002, 11:11 AM
Can you believe the CBS affiliate in Charlotte,NC is NOT showing the Bills game. They are showing the Ravens at Falcons.
I sent an e-mail to the local affiliate voicing my displeasure and they said CBS makes the decision based on region and they do not have a choice in who is playing. If your the average NFL fan wouldn't you want watch the Bills-Patriots over Ravens-Falcons. I don't get it. hi ho hi ho off to a bar I go....

Cliff Klaven
11-01-2002, 11:19 AM
Originally posted by blcny
500,000 for Boston, come on!!!
Hey I like a free concert and all, but Bledsoe vs the Patriots!!!
Not a lot of fans are going to miss this game.

Hey! It's a big reunion concert. First time they have performed in Boston since '95. I wouldn't miss it for the world but mom can't take the cold anymore.

Plus, the free fireworks and Sam Adams beer might be helping attract some fans.

northernbillfan
11-01-2002, 11:33 AM
Did you say free beer! :ontome:

Cntrygal
11-01-2002, 12:22 PM
Originally posted by don137
Can you believe the CBS affiliate in Charlotte,NC is NOT showing the Bills game. They are showing the Ravens at Falcons.
I sent an e-mail to the local affiliate voicing my displeasure and they said CBS makes the decision based on region and they do not have a choice in who is playing. If your the average NFL fan wouldn't you want watch the Bills-Patriots over Ravens-Falcons. I don't get it. hi ho hi ho off to a bar I go....

It's the same thing here, every weekend it's the Vikings, or the Broncos, or the Packers. I'm not even running the risk.. off to the sports bar!!

Marcos20
11-01-2002, 12:27 PM
i can see the game here fomr my country .. damn

Marcos20
11-01-2002, 12:27 PM
i can't see the game here from my country .. damn

BillsNYC
11-01-2002, 12:31 PM

quit your belly-aching! we live in the state of new york and boston is 3 hours away...and cbs is showing the bears/eagles game here in nyc!!!

its cool though...more people at mine and billsfanone's backers party then...we're expecting over 300 this week...unless the ny marathon turns people away from coming into manhattan....but if it does then they are not TRUE bills fans......including you estratton! :D

EricStratton
11-01-2002, 12:36 PM
Are you calling me out man.

I like the open at 11:30 part. Unless the tunnels are closed I'll be there with bells on. (I may even wear pants)

Cntrygal
11-01-2002, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by EricStratton
Are you calling me out man.

I like the open at 11:30 part. Unless the tunnels are closed I'll be there with bells on. (I may even wear pants)

:eek:

do you normally wear skirts?

BillsNYC
11-01-2002, 12:39 PM
ha! i AM calling you out! i WILL be in shorts! 11:30 idea is great huh? how about the added specials? i doubt they'll close the tunnels. you gotta introduce yourself...

EricStratton
11-01-2002, 12:41 PM
Love the specials and I will look for you. Matt right?

And for Cgal, I don't own a skirt, it's usually just my boxers.

BillsNYC
11-01-2002, 12:48 PM
yup...tall matt....just go to our site and look at our pictures www.nycbbb.com and i'll make sure you meet bf1 also...of course he stands out cuz he claps like a girl...

EricStratton
11-01-2002, 12:53 PM
I noticed that. I just wanted to be polite and let that slide.

OpIv37
11-01-2002, 01:24 PM
We're stuck with Ravens/Falcons here too- I guess Baltimore is somewhat local (I'm in Northern VA) but the Bills-Pats would certainly get better ratings... The problem with the big time markets like DC/Baltimore, NYC (read: North Jersey) and the Bay area is that you have two local teams- if you're not a fan of either of them, you get screwed.

I gotta get directTV for next year or something- I'm sick of wasting money in sports bars.

BillsOwnAll
11-01-2002, 01:29 PM
Wmass is doing a good job on putting bills games on this year usualy only like 6 games a yr go on tv but this yr there were 6 already. =)

Cliff Klaven
11-01-2002, 01:48 PM
I'll be wearing my uniform and hanging out at the Boston concert. I'll listen to the game on the radio though.

mybills
11-01-2002, 01:51 PM
Originally posted by BillsOwnAll
Wmass is doing a good job on putting bills games on this year usualy only like 6 games a yr go on tv but this yr there were 6 already. =)

Same here in RI. I had to watch the other 2 at the bar. :shakeno:
Too distracting!

don137
11-01-2002, 02:02 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by BillsNYC
[B]

quit your belly-aching! we live in the state of new york and boston is 3 hours away...and cbs is showing the bears/eagles game here in nyc!!!

BillsNYC, the Bears/Eagles is a FOX game since it is an NFC game and not CBS. CBS shows AFC vs AFC games and when the AFC team is away at an NFC team. Fox shows NFC vs. NFC and when an NFC is away at a AFC team.
Sounds like you'll have a rockin party...

The only rationale I see is Atlanta is a few hundred miles away but I have yet to run into a Falcon fan around here. Are there any out there? I guess they don't want to show what the fans want to see, which is the best match up, if there team is not on.

fabolouspaul
11-01-2002, 06:44 PM
They are NOT showing the game here in Southern California! I have to watch it at the bar on Directv! They either show Raider or Charger games here! Damnit!!!:madfire: :madcurse:

don137
11-01-2002, 07:07 PM
Originally posted by fabolouspaul
They are NOT showing the game here in Southern California! I have to watch it at the bar on Directv! They either show Raider or Charger games here! Damnit!!!:madfire: :madcurse:

Are bars open that early in California?

CBS :chair: Football fans stuck watching the Ravens at Falcons

Herdwatcher
11-01-2002, 09:21 PM
Originally posted by fabolouspaul

Are bars open that early in California?

CBS :chair: Football fans stuck watching the Ravens at Falcons

Even though I do have DTV I still like to see what game is going to be played here in central CA. THey must have someone down at the tv station that knows football, because it's on here!

The bars are open at 6am and close at 2am every day of the week out here. You can even buy beer at the grocery store at 6am on a sunday as long as it's in the cooler.

:drunks:

BillsMan80
11-01-2002, 11:20 PM
I am incensed...CBS Philadelphia and New York are deciding to show a movie and paid programming for the 3 hour time slot, and then at 4, the Jets and Chargers are on both CBS 2 and CBS 3. I am so pissed right now. I am off to Philadelphia Park Race Track, as they are showing all the games on the big screens there. It's the best of both worlds. Bet on horse races, talk to our new trainer, as we have just purchased 2 horses, and watch the Bills kick ass.

fabolouspaul
11-02-2002, 06:01 AM
I know for sure that they're going to televise this bills at new england game in december because its a CBS doubleheader and the raiders are playing the chargers in the late game. Now, i dont have to worry about local teams interfering with my bills game! :rock:

MissBuffalo
11-02-2002, 04:59 PM
That sucks for you Paul that they're not showing the Bills game this week in LA. Up in Northern California they're showing it. Yeah!!! I'm so excited......finally no trip to San Francsico.