PDA

View Full Version : More News On Wicky.

BAM
08-05-2004, 01:16 PM
I just heard on Sporting News Radio that the Raiders have offered Miami a 1st round draft pick for the rights to Ricky Williams.

The latest development in the Ricky Williams saga. :snicker2:

I guess he just wanted to get the hell outta Miami :idunno:

Pride
08-05-2004, 01:22 PM
I feel the NFL should step in and do something about this.

Potentially, it could lead to players purposely failing tests to get a year off, and being traded to a team they want to play for. Rookies may even start doing it. If you dont like the team that drafted you.. sit out, and another team gives a #1 for you (which is like having 2 #1's)

Just not sure I like this precedent

Ebenezer
08-05-2004, 01:27 PM
I agree with Pride...knowing the Raiders, Davis and Norv Turner something stinks here.

Stewie
08-05-2004, 01:30 PM
Whatever, he's gonna be tested randomly for life. Wicky's gonna fowget to take his twummy juice to scare off the pee man. Oakland would be throwing away a #1 pick.

Pride
08-05-2004, 01:33 PM
Originally posted by paulB
Whatever, he's gonna be tested randomly for life. Wicky's gonna fowget to take his twummy juice to scare off the pee man. Oakland would be throwing away a #1 pick.

What we are theorizing is the fact this may have all been set up so that Ricky would go to the Raiders...

A little crazy, but look who we are dealing with! Davis and Williams!

Philagape
08-05-2004, 01:44 PM
Rookies have already forced trades when they didn't want to play for a certain team (most notably, John Elway, and most recently, Eli Manning).

And it's not unusual for a player under contract to decide to not play for one reason or another; look at Keenan McCardell right now.

As for the Raiders' offer, it's either incredibly stupid or they have inside info ... why else would they offer a FIRST-ROUND pick for someone who's openly defiant of the league's drug laws and has said he'll never play again?? Then again, I wouldn't put incredibly stupid past the Raiders .....

saviorbledsoe
08-05-2004, 01:44 PM
This is great fuel for somee nasty smack talk with Phin fools! Wicky knew that his team sucked so he went to the craziest methods to get out of Miami! LOL

Pride
08-05-2004, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by Philagape

As for the Raiders' offer, it's either incredibly stupid or they have inside info ... why else would they offer a FIRST-ROUND pick for someone who's openly defiant of the league's drug laws and has said he'll never play again?? Then again, I wouldn't put incredibly stupid past the Raiders .....

Exactly... that is why I am concerned! From an NFL fan perspective... not from a Dolphin Hater haha