PDA

View Full Version : [SI] Who on the Bill's Roster NOW Could Make the HOF Cut?

ajsdx
08-05-2004, 01:56 PM
Dr. Z: "BUFFALO -- Drew Bledsoe, Eric Moulds, Troy Vincent, Lawyer Milloy, Travis Henry. Stop yelling, these are just possibles. I'd say Vincent is the strongest of these candidates, but don't turn your nose up at Henry as a long shot, provided Willis McGahee doesn't usurp too many of his carries. Henry is 25 and has averaged almost 1,200 yards for the last three seasons. Project that over a career and you've got something special. He's a terrific little back. Bledsoe will have to have one or two more hot years. The selectors like comeback stories."

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2004/writers/dr_z/08/04/hall.column/index.html?cnn=yes

saviorbledsoe
08-05-2004, 02:02 PM
If Drew wins a championship I say he is a possibility.

Ebenezer
08-05-2004, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by saviorbledsoe
If Drew wins a championship I say he is a possibility.

He has a ring...3 more good seasons, though, are needed.

The bar is very high...Moulds has a chance but needs to catch at least 900 balls, imo.

Except for Henry, I don't think the others have a chance.

If he can play for 10 more years at 1,250 a year (average) that would put him in. Still a long shot.

juice
08-05-2004, 02:10 PM
TH wont have the longevity to his career because of his Size and Running Style.. Especially behind lines like those fielded by the Bills over the past few seasons.

Maybe R. Brown.. Oh thats right he was run outta town and made a scapegoat for a line that did very little in the run or pass game consistantly last year.

And we know eight straight Pro-Bowls wont get you into the HOF.

ShadowHawk7
08-05-2004, 02:20 PM
I think Milloy has a shot.

saviorbledsoe
08-05-2004, 02:22 PM
Originally posted by Ebenezer
He has a ring...3 more good seasons, though, are needed.

I dont think that anyone, including Drew, considers that HIS ring.

Earthquake Enyart
08-05-2004, 02:45 PM
Ralph is the only one here now who will get in.

Billsouth
08-05-2004, 03:19 PM
jim mcnally has the best shot.

The_Philster
08-05-2004, 03:43 PM
Ralph
Drew is a possibility...he'll need a few rebound seasons, though.
Moulds
Originally posted by ShadowHawk7
I think Milloy has a shot.

good choice :up:

There are others who are a ways away from proving themselves to being at that level. TKO and Fletcher are the names I think of most but I do think they are long shots at their current rate.

That Guy
08-05-2004, 03:51 PM
It's going to be tougher and tougher to distinguish Hall of Famers. If you aren't consistently one of top 2-3 players (defensively), you don't get in. Plus, there's an insane amount of 1,000 yard rushers and receivers... only the ones with long and consistent careers get in.

It's going to be a shame that Terrell Davis may get in, because PLENTY of guys like that will probably get snubbed after he gets in (Priest Holmes, Ahman Green, etc..).

Tatonka
08-05-2004, 05:23 PM
Originally posted by juice
Maybe R. Brown.. Oh thats right he was run outta town and made a scapegoat for a line that did very little in the run or pass game consistantly last year.

i can hear juice's mom now, when juice was a kid...

"juice, honey, stop crying. you have been crying for 3 days..everything is going to be ok.. get out of the fetal position and go back outside and play.. someone will pick you to be on their dodgeball team one day."

The Spaz
08-05-2004, 05:25 PM
Originally posted by Tatonka

"juice, honey, stop crying. you have been crying for 3 days..everything is going to be ok.. get out of the fetal position and go back outside and play.. someone will pick you to be on their dodgeball team one day."

:rofl:

BillyT92679
08-05-2004, 05:55 PM
I think Troy Vincent has an excellent shot, even more so because of his immense stature among his peers and media. Milloy, possibly, but he was always outshone by Ty Law back there. Drew, if and only if, he rebounds and leads a team to a world championship. Then maybe. Moulds, nope, he is a very good, but not great wide receiver who is too inconsistent. Art Monk is not in yet and he is twice the player that Eric is.

As an aside, I was thinking about how much I prefer the Pro Football Hall of Fame to the Baseball Hall. It seems like the baseball hall regards hitting a series of individual statistics automatically warrants enshrinement. (e.g. 3,000 hits, 300 career victories, 500 HRs) How one does to get his team to the World Series on an annual basis seems to matter less.
Conversely, the football hall seems to reward team accomplishment and leadership much more so. Think about it, if the football hall was so stats driven, guys like David Krieg or Vinny Testaverde would be shoo-ins. These were/are fine players, but no one considers them HoFers. Only someone who is undeniably extraordinary, like a Barry Sanders or an O.J warrants enshrinement in spite of playing on mostly awful teams.

Mr. Cynical
08-05-2004, 06:17 PM
Mike Pucillo.

ZacGriffi~82
08-05-2004, 06:29 PM
well..Are there any punters in the hall?

The_Philster
08-05-2004, 06:45 PM

And we know eight straight Pro-Bowls wont get you into the HOF. :rolleyes: No one's making Ruben a scapegoat. Pucillo was easily the worst player on that line, but Ruben did not deserve to go to the Pro Bowl based on his performance.

The_Philster
08-05-2004, 07:41 PM
Originally posted by BillyT92679
I think Troy Vincent has an excellent shot, even more so because of his immense stature among his peers and media.
Completely forgot about him..he's got a good shot, IMO...He's been a consistent high level performer his whole career

juice
08-05-2004, 07:51 PM
Originally posted by Tatonka

I can hear Miss TONK also..

"Son Quit playing with your Hockey Pucks, Put on your Tights and lace up your ICE SKATES.. Your practicing Figure 8's today"

Ickybaluky
08-05-2004, 08:48 PM
Milloy won't get in because he doesn't have enough interceptions. If you look at the S that got in the hall, they all have high interception numbers. Milloy won't get in because of high tackle numbers, and his 19 career picks (none since 2001) is not HOF worthy.

HenryRules
08-05-2004, 09:44 PM

And we know eight straight Pro-Bowls wont get you into the HOF.

RB cannot be compared with Larry Allen, the best guard of that era and there is no way that RB can be considered an automatic first ballot cinch. If he doesn't make it in on that first ballot, then he's got to compete against some other good OL that will be retiring shortly after him (Roaf, Pace to name a couple).

RB has a shot, but I think having 2 guards from one era go in is going to be difficult.

I don't think there's anyone on this team or last year's team with more than 5 years experience that is going to be inducted.

Henry of course has a shot as the guy said, but it's only been 3 years, way, way to early to talk HOF.