PDA

View Full Version : Need Input on Bills Board Combined Leagues owners

Halbert
08-05-2004, 02:29 PM
By now you’ve heard ad nauseum about how I’m trying to avoid having dead teams in the Bills Board Combined leagues.

Being free leagues, I asked all owners to post a response agreeing to the simple rules posted here so we’d have a public acknowledgment of their agreement should they renege. Last season I tried something very similar and I think I had three coaches who never responded. Out of those three, two of them abandoned their teams prior to or very early in the season.

So what should we do with owners who don’t respond to this request? There’s only a few of them, but based on last year’s experience there is reason to believe they may end up being dead teams. I am especially concerned with a couple of coaches who are not very active on their respective boards and have not visited either the league homepage or the bulliten boards in several weeks. BTW - this is the same pattern of those who abandoned their teams last year.

Should we just let it go or should I follow up with a consideration to drop their team(s)? I’ve already sent PM’s to everyone who hasn’t posted a response here or in a PM to me. If we’re going to drop them then I have to do it very soon to ensure we’ll find replacements.

Thanks for your input.

Sabre Ally
08-05-2004, 03:51 PM
If they haven't even checked the league homepage or the boards, drop them. I'm sure you can find others who would be more active than that.

lordofgun
08-05-2004, 03:55 PM
Try to replace them first. If you find someone, boot the other guys only when needed. :up:

Halbert
08-09-2004, 11:31 AM
Thanks for the input. I finally got a response from the guy I was most nervous about, but it was a little luke warm. I'm hoping that means he'll stick around but I'm not entirely sure. I've decided to let it ride and see what happens. Hopefully I won't regret it. I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Still one guy at BBI who hasn't responded but he posts all the time so if he bails we can hound him there. lol.

Earthquake Enyart
08-09-2004, 11:52 AM
Worry wort. :ontome:

Halbert
08-09-2004, 12:36 PM
lol. Just trying to avoid dead teams. Speaking from past experience, I sort of have to be paranoid right now, otherwise you'll have guys not show up at all, dump their team after the draft, or drop out an hour before the draft is supposed to start (that happened last year - guy drops out, no message, no sorry, no nothing. Turned the draft into a complete circus).

Earthquake Enyart
08-09-2004, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by Halbert
lol. Just trying to avoid dead teams. Speaking from past experience, I sort of have to be paranoid right now, otherwise you'll have guys not show up at all, dump their team after the draft, or drop out an hour before the draft is supposed to start (that happened last year - guy drops out, no message, no sorry, no nothing. Turned the draft into a complete circus).

Kinda like league 3. :eek:

Sabre Ally
08-09-2004, 12:43 PM
Originally posted by Earthquake Enyart
Kinda like league 3. :eek:
Hey, at least we have something happening in league 3 this time. I think we only had 6 teams signed up last season.

Halbert
08-09-2004, 09:15 PM
Had to drop one team today. I feel bad but someone reliable asked if there was a spot so I gave it to him. Seemed reasonable after all the time and notices that have gone by. Got another one on the clock so if another reliable person is interested in a team let me know.

Dozerdog
08-10-2004, 12:08 AM
I have not been active on the yahoo board- and the next few weeks I'll be scarce- bit I am in!

Sabre Ally
08-10-2004, 08:27 AM
We would never kick you out, Dozer.

Charlieguide
08-10-2004, 04:12 PM
Had to drop one team today. I feel bad but someone reliable asked if there was a spot so I gave it to him. Seemed reasonable after all the time and notices that have gone by. Got another one on the clock so if another reliable person is interested in a team let me know.

I forget if this costs anything. I'd be interested in the Head-to-Head format.

Gunzlingr
08-10-2004, 04:37 PM
Originally posted by Charlieguide
I forget if this costs anything. I'd be interested in the Head-to-Head format.

All it costs is YOUR SOUL!

Charlieguide
08-10-2004, 04:51 PM
Originally posted by Gunzlingr
All it costs is YOUR SOUL!

Well, heck, then count me in! :up:

Halbert
08-12-2004, 09:59 AM
All filled up at present with nobody on the clock. If somebody has to drop out I'll be sure to post a message on the opening.

But I'll take your soul anyway as a downpayment on next season.

Michael82
08-12-2004, 07:20 PM
But I'll take your soul anyway as a downpayment on next season.

:evil:

BillsFever
08-12-2004, 08:52 PM
I'm in.