X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • juice
    • Aug 2003

MW "The Next Big Thing" to eat his way out of the League

If Mike Williams is over 400lbs can he be an effective starter at RT after having some problems with Outside Speed Rushers last year.

LINK

Maybe he could be moved over next to JJ at LG.. I think JJ will struggle somewhat without good Guard play on that side.

"Hey, I was always aggressive. I always had lots of energy, thats why my teammates on the Bills started calling me Juice" PLAYBOY Dec.'76
  • The Spaz
    • Mar 2003

Seriously taking **** out on Williams because your boy Brown is gone is pathetic. Willaims is back in there and you think a guy like Rusty Jones isn't going to be on him everyday?

Comment

• Ebenezer
      Give me a minute...
      • Jul 2002

they better fine his fat a$$ if he is over 400 lbs.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• juice
        • Aug 2003

Originally posted by The Spaz
        Seriously taking **** out on Williams because your boy Brown is gone is pathetic. Willaims is back in there and you think a guy like Rusty Jones isn't going to be on him everyday?
        I wonder if Rusty can help him shed those 25 extra lbs before Jacksonville comes to town.

"Hey, I was always aggressive. I always had lots of energy, thats why my teammates on the Bills started calling me Juice" PLAYBOY Dec.'76

Comment

• The Spaz
          • Mar 2003

Originally posted by juice
          I wonder if Rusty can help him shed those 25 extra lbs before Jacksonville comes to town.
          I bet you he will as long as Williams is determined to give his best like he said with this incident behind him.

Comment

• juice
            • Aug 2003

Originally posted by Ebenezer
            they better fine his fat a$$ if he is over 400 lbs.
            Seemed like you could see the weight issues creeping up throughout last Season.. Even 385-390 would be a lack of professionalism in the off-seaon on his part.

The thing that worried me the most in that article is when it said he may have been thinking about retirement at one point and I havn't heard him deny it in any way.. but his actions earlier this week seemed to be those of someone who didn't want to play this year.
            Last edited by juice; 08-05-2004, 02:43 PM.

Comment

• Bulldog
              Top Dog
              • Jan 2003

Seemed like you could see the weight issues creeping up throughout last Season.. Even 385-390 would be a lack of professionalism in the off-seaon on his part.

The thing that worried me the most in that article is when it said he may have been thinking about retirement at one point and I havn't heard him deny it in any way.. but his actions earlier this week seemed to be those of someone who didn't want to play this year.
              And its looks as though they quoted a reliable source with regards to the retirement talk:

"There was talk on the team that he was so down he was talking, at least briefly, about retirement. If that was the case, his mind-set had turned around Wednesday"

Juice, neither you or I or many of his teammates know exactly what was going on. So unless your boy Ruben filled you in with the details, zip it.
              I only drink when I'm alone or with others.

Comment

• juice
                • Aug 2003

Originally posted by Bulldog
                And its looks as though they quoted a reliable source with regards to the retirement talk:

"There was talk on the team that he was so down he was talking, at least briefly, about retirement. If that was the case, his mind-set had turned around Wednesday"

Juice, neither you or I or many of his teammates know exactly what was going on. So unless your boy Ruben filled you in with the details, zip it.
                I Know he looks like he's 400 lbs.. and I know he acted like he was ready to quit on Monday and Tuesday of this week.. I also Know he couldn't deal with fast outside rushers last season at 375lbs, so I Don't think he will be any more able this year at 400 lbs.

I think these are all issues that will effect the line-play this year and you know what our line looked like last year and this line is probably worse and less settled on positions without cohesivness, Little experience and no leaders on the line.

Ruebon was the leader of that line for 8 Pro Bowl seasons.

Comment

• That Guy
                  • Apr 2004

I also Know he couldn't deal with fast outside rushers last season at 375lbs, so I Don't think he will be any more able this year at 400 lbs.
                  Maybe he should just keep gaining weight, enough to cover an entire third of a field.

Comment

• juice
                    • Aug 2003

Originally posted by That Guy
                    Maybe he should just keep gaining weight, enough to cover an entire third of a field.
                    That guy is huge, That Guy.. Looks like Gilbert Grapes Mom

Comment

• Tatonka
                      • Jul 2002

i wish it was the offseason again..

i remember the days when juice didnt post for weeks at a time..

ah.. the good old days..
                      "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• Tatonka
                        • Jul 2002

juice.. you know.. you can see someone about your infactuation with running backs that kill their wives and offensive lineman that get to the probowl on reputation alone.

get those issues worked out bud.. i am pulling for you.
                        "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• juice
                          • Aug 2003

Originally posted by Tatonka
                          i wish it was the offseason again..

i remember the days when juice didnt post for weeks at a time..

ah.. the good old days..
                          Glad you missed me, I didn't know you cared.

Originally posted by Tatonka
                          juice.. you know.. you can see someone about your infactuation with running backs that kill their wives and offensive lineman that get to the probowl on reputation alone.

get those issues worked out bud.. i am pulling for you.
                          And I cant understand your infactuation with a Sport that is about to fold, Brutal, takes little natural ability, and played on Skates, Like Girly-Men.

You ever play any Football Tonk.. Or do you just talk a good game?

Comment

• Tatonka
                            • Jul 2002

i played football as well.. i was a TE and DE..

and how can you describe a sport as brutal, and then call the players "girly-men"?

besides.. i am not infactuated with it.. football means much more to me..

and as far as no natural ability.. you obviously never played hockey... to be a top athlete in hockey, natural ability has tons to do with it.

just like football.

rofl.. you called hockey brutal.. cuz guys smashing into one another all over the place trying to get a football is not brutal at all, right? maybe you mean brutal, as in fights.. in which case, it doesnt surprise me.. you were probably the kid that wanted to talk things through to try and keep from getting the snot kicked out of you.

Comment

• HenryRules
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by The Spaz
                              I bet you he will as long as Williams is determined to give his best like he said with this incident behind him.
                              Didn't he say he was determined to give his best just before the incident?

MW is definitely in "put up" or "shut up" time ... quit saying you'll be dedicated and get out there and show it.

Comment

Working...
                              X