PDA

View Full Version : Here's the current starters from what I've seen...

Michael82
08-05-2004, 05:54 PM
Offense

QB Drew Bledsoe
RB Travis Henry
FB Daimon Shelton
WR Eric Moulds
WR Josh Reed (although Lee Evans is getting a ton of practice time)
TE Mark Campbell
LT Jonas Jennings
LG Mike Pucillo
C Trey Teague
RG Chris Villarrial
RT Marcus Price (but Mike Williams should get it back soon)

Defense
DE Ryan Denney
DE Aaron Schobel
DT Pat Williams
DT Ron Edwards (Sam Adams is still out with a hamstring injury)
LB Takeo Spikes
LB London Fletcher
LB Jeff Posey
CB Nate Clements
CB Troy Vincent
SS Lawyer Milloy
FS Izell Reese

The_Philster
08-05-2004, 06:37 PM
Originally posted by Mikey82
LG Mike Pucillo
:puke:

Novacane
08-05-2004, 06:39 PM
They must think he's better than anything else they have

Michael82
08-05-2004, 06:46 PM
Originally posted by The_Philster
:puke:

I agree.

Originally posted by Fairway To Green
They must think he's better than anything else they have

Actually, they talked about this on WGR today. McNally feels that because Pucillo was the starter last year, he should have the firstcrack at keeping the job. Basically it's his job to lose.

OpIv37
08-05-2004, 09:59 PM
I like the D although the D line might be a little weak if Adams isn't ready. Assuming Bledsoe improves, the skill positions on offense are set, but the Oline also needs work....

Tatonka
08-05-2004, 10:07 PM
basically this is the same team as last year.. all except we traded brown for villarial..

coaching better make one hell of a difference.

finsrclowns
08-05-2004, 10:07 PM
IMO Ross Tucker looked better when he was in there than Puk-cillo. That's not saying much I know but how does the Puke man jump back in as the starter? I hated Chris Watson, but he wasn't on the field much compared to the Puker.:xplode:

BAM
08-05-2004, 10:09 PM
That's a good thing Tatonka. I actually prefer not having our team overhauled year in and year out.

(and Winfield for Vincent :D )

OpIv37
08-05-2004, 10:12 PM
Originally posted by finsrclowns
IMO Ross Tucker looked better when he was in there than Puk-cillo. That's not saying much I know but how does the Puke man jump back in as the starter? I hated Chris Watson, but he wasn't on the field much compared to the Puker.:xplode:

Thanks for bringing up bad memories. In pro sports, clearly some players are better than others, but most are pretty damn good at what they do. Chris Watson is one of the few pro athletes I've watched that actually SUCK. He was terrible- I bet there are are guys playing in junior colleges who can play better than he does.

Ebenezer
08-05-2004, 10:16 PM
Originally posted by Tatonka
basically this is the same team as last year.. all except we traded brown for villarial..

coaching better make one hell of a difference.

I agree...

Mikey, thanks, just do me one favor...don't keep telling me about Pucillo.

kgun12
08-05-2004, 10:22 PM
I thought Evans looked real good and was really impressive! For a guy over 300 lbs he looks fast and agile!

ScottLawrence
08-05-2004, 10:28 PM
Originally posted by kgun12
I thought Evans looked real good and was really impressive! For a guy over 300 lbs he looks fast and agile!

WHAT? Evans is 300 ibs?:eek:

Tatonka
08-05-2004, 10:34 PM
you mean peters i think.

Michael82
08-05-2004, 10:47 PM
Originally posted by kgun12

You mean Peters, and i definitely agree. Peters looked great out there on that one play.

don137
08-06-2004, 06:52 AM
If McNally could turn dusty Ziegler into a decent OL for the G-men maybe he could do the same for Pucillo.....ok never mind. It's the caffeine talking...

The Spaz
08-06-2004, 07:02 AM
We didn't need a major overhaul we just need some competent coaches who can make in game adjustments.

kgun12
08-06-2004, 10:30 AM
Originally posted by Tatonka
you mean peters i think.

Yes I did mean Peters, if he pick up the offense and blocks the way they know he can, I think he will see a lot of playing time.

justasportsfan
08-06-2004, 10:48 AM
Originally posted by ScottLawrence
WHAT? Evans is 300 ibs?:eek: Damn, buffalo wings.

tomdonahoe
08-06-2004, 10:53 AM
At the end of the day I think Tucker will be starting (Boy I hope so). I don't think the pads have been on long enough for McNally to get a true feeling of the competition. From what I read McNally loves nasty O-lineman and Tucker is just that. The Browns scrimmage coming up will tell the coaches a lot. I think which ever player is starting at the following practice after the Browns scrimmage will be the opening day starter.

While most of the time I think you guys overemphasize the poor play of players such as Denney and M. Williams; I couldn’t agree more about Pucillo. In fact I think you guys are giving him a little too much credit. He was just awful last year and I didn’t even see the slightest bit of potential.

Jason Peters: I’m certainly not as high on him as everyone else in fact I don’t think he will make this team. The numbers crunch at so many positions this year will catch him. Chris Brown reported that despite his size, his blocking is well below average. I was surprised to read that. Plus the Bills have him fifth on the depth chart. We will see.

casdhf
08-06-2004, 11:02 AM
He's got practice squad written all over him.