PDA

View Full Version : Sports Network's Buffalo Bills 2004 Season Preview

The_Philster
08-06-2004, 06:58 PM
Among those who recall Scott Norwood, the Music City Miracle, or four straight Super Bowl defeats, the Buffalo Bills have acquired a reputation as lovable losers. The label is undeserved, of course. The franchise was one of the most consistent NFL winners of the 1990s, posting eight 10-or-more-win campaigns during the decade. It just couldn't get over the hump on the biggest of stages.

In this millennium, however, the loser tag has begun to gain some viability. Buffalo has gone four straight seasons without posting a winning record or playoff berth, and enters 2004 hot on the heels of the disastrous Gregg Williams era, in which the former head coach guided the team to just 17 wins in three years.

The man charged with restoring the team's former glory is former Steelers offensive coordinator and NFL tight end Mike Mularkey, who will have to re- energize an offense that ranked near the bottom of most league statistical categories. Mularkey has been praised for hiring assistants such as former NFL head coach Sam Psyche (Quarterbacks) as well as noted offensive line guru Jim McNally. The group will attempt to reverse the losing culture in Buffalo, and failure will result in becoming part of a "lost decade" in team history...more (http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/scorecard/nflnews.asp?articleID=8626)

Hemlepp53
08-06-2004, 08:31 PM
Thanks.. I Like What I Read More Or Less. Let ME know What You Guys Think? 10 + Season Is POssible. I Do Expect A PLAYOFF Apperance This Season. Who Thinks I'm Dreaming???

Halbert
08-06-2004, 08:39 PM
I will be disappointed with anything less than 10 wins and a playoff spot. The talent level is just too high.

Hemlepp53
08-06-2004, 08:42 PM
I Swear Man... We Better Have An Extreemly Good Season. LoL.. That Sounded Like A Threat.. What Can I Do If We Have A Crappy Season.. Not Much Other Than Hope For Next... LoL.. But At Least Someone Agrees It Should HAppen

BillyT92679
08-06-2004, 08:53 PM
Sam Psyche?
Freudian typo.