PDA

View Full Version : Reuben maybe out in Chicago!!!

tampabay25690
08-07-2004, 08:30 AM
I guess he ate to many chicken wings while he was upset when he was cut by the Bills!!!!!!!

BROWN OUT IN CHITOWN?

Our official mole in the land of Ditka and Barack also tells us that newcomer Ruben Brown is in danger of getting bounced from the roster.

Brown, a perennial Pro Bowler in Buffalo, reported overweight and has been critical of the coaching staff's reluctance to anoint him as a starter. Our mole says that, if Brown doesn't win a starting job, he could be dumped or traded.

Brown signed a three-year deal with the Bears during the offseason. According to his contract, the terms of which a league source forwarded to us on Friday, Brown got a $1 million signing bonus and a $660,000 base salary in 2004. Thus, cutting him or trading him now would result in a net cap hit of only $6,667.

SABURZFAN
08-07-2004, 08:40 AM
i tried to tell those chicago boys,that i work with,that r.brown has been overrated and would be lucky to start.

it's disappointing that his skills have diminished so bad that it seems as if he's just trying to hang on in the NFL.

hey tampa,what source did you get this info from?

casdhf
08-07-2004, 08:44 AM
:lolpoint:Juice

The Spaz
08-07-2004, 08:45 AM
Originally posted by SABURZFAN
i tried to tell those chicago boys,that i work with,that r.brown has been overrated and would be lucky to start.

it's disappointing that his skills have diminished so bad that it seems as if he's just trying to hang on in the NFL.

hey tampa,what source did you get this info from?

Not a very reliable source but it was profootballcentral.com

tampabay25690
08-07-2004, 09:10 AM
Originally posted by The Spaz
Not a very reliable source but it was profootballcentral.com

What do u mean not a Reliable source!

The Spaz
08-07-2004, 09:11 AM
Originally posted by tampabay25690
What do u mean not a Reliable source!

Exactly what I said. These are the clown who brought you George Seifert new Bills coach, Kevin Gilbride will remain with the Buffalo blls Etc.

tampabay25690
08-07-2004, 09:31 AM
Exactly what I said. These are the clown who brought you George Seifert new Bills coach, Kevin Gilbride will remain with the Buffalo blls Etc.

I thought you didn't think I was reliable..

The Spaz
08-07-2004, 09:32 AM
Originally posted by tampabay25690
I thought you didn't think I was reliable..

No just that site in general usually isn't.:up::beers:

tampabay25690
08-07-2004, 09:48 AM
No just that site in general usually isn't.:up::beers:

Yea I read it this morning, so figured you guys would get a kick out of it....See I have always had good luck with that site, but I guess its like anything you never know what is ever true now a days...

Canadian'eh!
08-07-2004, 10:52 AM
this just in from my ass (the same place they pull their info from)...

Ruben will sign back with the Bills when released!

juice
08-07-2004, 10:57 AM
Originally posted by Canadian'eh!
this just in from my ass (the same place they pull their info from)...

Ruben will sign back with the Bills when released!

We can only Hope.

Tatonka
08-07-2004, 11:03 AM
Originally posted by juice
We can only Hope.

haha.. he couldnt make it in chicago.. one of the most ****box teams in the league.. and you want him back?

rofl.. i think you have a crush on him.

BAM
08-07-2004, 11:57 AM
**** Ruben. :up:

juice
08-07-2004, 12:12 PM
Originally posted by Tatonka
haha.. he couldnt make it in chicago.. one of the most ****box teams in the league.. and you want him back?

I'd like to see the intense battle between Brown and Pucillo at LG..

Chi. has more depth than we have on O-Line.

Tatonka
08-07-2004, 01:16 PM

so what your saying is that chicagos DEPTH at guard is so good that ruben brown cant even keep a job.. we are not talking about starting here.. we are talking about just making the roster for VET MINIMUM...

lets take a look...

Rex Tucker, Steve Edwards, Terrance Metcalf... WOW.. boy.. i was wrong.. they have HUGE talent at the guard position.. what was i thinking..

:lol:

ruben got beat out by steve edwards and terrance metcalf for a back up spot.. :snicker:

juice
08-07-2004, 05:26 PM
so what your saying is that chicagos DEPTH at guard is so good that ruben brown cant even keep a job.. we are not talking about starting here.. we are talking about just making the roster for VET MINIMUM...

lets take a look...

Rex Tucker, Steve Edwards, Terrance Metcalf... WOW.. boy.. i was wrong.. they have HUGE talent at the guard position.. what was i thinking..

:lol:

ruben got beat out by steve edwards and terrance metcalf for a back up spot.. :snicker:

You said Chi. was a " ****box" team, I thought we were at 6-10 last season.

It's just that for us to let go of our Line Leader and Line Experience we seem to be a step behind last years Line and the Bears even have more Line depth.

Pussillo has as much of a chance at being a PRODUCTIVE Starter in this League as Coy Wire.. What an upgrade!!

Tatonka
08-07-2004, 08:45 PM

It's just that for us to let go of our Line Leader and Line Experience we seem to be a step behind last years Line and the Bears even have more Line depth.

Pussillo has as much of a chance at being a PRODUCTIVE Starter in this League as Coy Wire.. What an upgrade!!

ruben is not a leader.. he is a washed up-has been..

pucillo was not good last year.. but if you asked anyone in the league which has more upside.. they would all say the kid does.. not the old man..

i just dont get it.. brown gets beat out by two nobodies for a backup spot, and your still hanging on to the "leader" tag as a reason to get him back..

either you are related to ruben and reese... or you are truely in love.. head over heels.. i hope things work out with you three.. maybe the three of you can ride off into the sunset one day.. after ruben gets cut, and reese gets put on the bench for wire.

juice
08-07-2004, 09:07 PM
Seems like Reese is holding down that FS spot, Coy Boy.

Did Wire have any bone-crushing hits today, or is he still working on Backpeddling drills with his position coach?

Instead of pretending to be a DB Wire should gain 30-40lbs and try his luck at unseating Jeff Posey since he has only played LB effectively at any level.

Tatonka
08-08-2004, 07:56 AM
yeah.. reese really held it down today.. he got a pick..

that makes ONE now since he has been a bill...

:rofl:

i am sure wire is ready to give up after seeing reese get his first career pick as a bill.. in a scrimmage.

Tatonka
08-08-2004, 07:57 AM
wait a second.. did you just call me "coy boy"

wow, juice.. your posts are really really REALLY gay.

juice
08-08-2004, 09:00 AM
yeah.. reese really held it down today.. he got a pick..

that makes ONE now since he has been a bill...

:rofl:

i am sure wire is ready to give up after seeing reese get his first career pick as a bill.. in a scrimmage.

Thats one more than Coy, and did you notice how the Flee-Flicker the Browns attempted seemed to be DOUBLE-COVERED.. Coy would have bit like a Flee because he has a LBer Mentality.

wait a second.. did you just call me "coy boy"

wow, juice.. your posts are really really REALLY gay.

Grown Men on Ice-Skates could be considered GAY.

And no TONK I Didn't call you a name.. So you don't have to report that TYPO to the Mods, like you usually do.. Wire Admirer

Don't try to bait me, I TOO have read the RULES.. I'm not your average HOCKEY PUCK. Hockey Puck:snicker:

Tatonka
08-08-2004, 09:52 AM
you are the only person in the world who would think ice hockey.. and gay..

your post sucks.

juice
08-08-2004, 05:13 PM
Your posts are Great... but stick to Figure skating.. it has a brighter future than Hockey.

Speaking of "Bright Futures" when are you and your BUDDY Wys gonna restart your Broadcast careers.. the season is about to start.. dont miss your "BIG CHANCE"

The_Philster
08-08-2004, 05:17 PM
:rolleyes: You two both need a room

I'M A BELIEVER
08-09-2004, 02:09 PM
A) Reuben is not in danger of not making the team...just in danger of not starting and will likely be cut if he doesn't start to avoid a negative impact on team chemistry.
B) HOCKEY is GAY and trust me lots of heterosexuals like me think that grown men on

I'M A BELIEVER
08-09-2004, 02:12 PM
oops.....hit enter by mistake...
B) Continued....skates are light in the loafers....not that they are all gay or not tough....but the game and the concept are both just plain silly.
c) I like Coy Wire but he will never be a long term starter at any position in the NFL....sorry but true.

G. Host
08-09-2004, 02:20 PM
Full story from reliable source (Chicago Tribune) for those who do not want to register.

Offensive line

Spots expected: 9.

Locks: Center Olin Kreutz, guard Rex Tucker, tackle John Tait, guard Terrence Metcalf, tackle Qasim Mitchell, tackle Aaron Gibson, long snapper Patrick Mannelly.

On the bubble: Guard Ruben Brown, guard Mike Gandy, tackle-guard Steve Edwards, guard Josh Warner, center Michael Keathley, guard Bryan Anderson.

Bourbonnais buzz: A good player with experience will get cut even if the Bears ultimately decide to keep 10 linemen. Metcalf's emergence has complicated the situation because he has passed Gandy and Brown in the last two weeks. Edwards has made a strong impression and can play every position on the line except center, and versatility goes a long way during an NFL season. Brown hasn't totally fit in yet but gives the Bears a proven commodity in case something happens to Tucker. This would be a good week for Gandy to make a move and for the Bears to decide on which side Tait will play. That decision could help flesh out the depth chart. Not to mention that the annual Marc Colombo dilemma looms.

The Spaz
08-09-2004, 02:34 PM
Originally posted by G. Host
Full story from reliable source (Chicago Tribune) for those who do not want to register.

Offensive line

Spots expected: 9.

Locks: Center Olin Kreutz, guard Rex Tucker, tackle John Tait, guard Terrence Metcalf, tackle Qasim Mitchell, tackle Aaron Gibson, long snapper Patrick Mannelly.

On the bubble: Guard Ruben Brown, guard Mike Gandy, tackle-guard Steve Edwards, guard Josh Warner, center Michael Keathley, guard Bryan Anderson.

Bourbonnais buzz: A good player with experience will get cut even if the Bears ultimately decide to keep 10 linemen. Metcalf's emergence has complicated the situation because he has passed Gandy and Brown in the last two weeks. Edwards has made a strong impression and can play every position on the line except center, and versatility goes a long way during an NFL season. Brown hasn't totally fit in yet but gives the Bears a proven commodity in case something happens to Tucker. This would be a good week for Gandy to make a move and for the Bears to decide on which side Tait will play. That decision could help flesh out the depth chart. Not to mention that the annual Marc Colombo dilemma looms.

:rofl::lol: Explain that Juice.

juice
08-09-2004, 02:45 PM
:rofl::lol: Explain that Juice.

Do you think TD will make him an offer if he is cut because of team chemistry or do you think Pussillo will get the job done?

I can say that our season is SCREWED if this is the Line we field.. Why do YOU think DB looked like a rookie in the Scrimmage, he didn't even have enough time to take a 3 step drop.

Pussillo had a Holding call and allowed a Sack, IN A SCRIMMAGE.

This Line is full of reserve players, unproven and untested.

If RB is cut by Chi. he will be back in Buffalo the next day.. with this line we will finish no better that 8-8.

Tatonka
08-09-2004, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by I'M A BELIEVER
A) Reuben is not in danger of not making the team...just in danger of not starting and will likely be cut if he doesn't start to avoid a negative impact on team chemistry.
B) HOCKEY is GAY and trust me lots of heterosexuals like me think that grown men on

oops.....hit enter by mistake...
B) Continued....skates are light in the loafers....not that they are all gay or not tough....but the game and the concept are both just plain silly.
c) I like Coy Wire but he will never be a long term starter at any position in the NFL....sorry but true.

wow.. your right.. hockey is gay.. because your too unskilled to play it or too stupid to understand it.. it must be gay.. and i must be a flaming homo for playing it for the last 20 years of my life..

all i can say is.. i would love to get you out there on the ice for two minutes.. i will show you how gay the sport is and how "light in the loafers" players are..

sorry.. you would probably prefer golf or bowling.. something much more physically demanding for you... where you dont have to be scared of getting the **** beat out of you..

i am surprised that football isnt to gay for you too.. all those grown men with skin tight clothes on, and nothing underneath.. just rubbing all over each other.. getting in big piles and sweating and talking dirty, going for the balls.. err. ball..

god, as a gay hockey player.. i really love football too!

Earthquake Enyart
08-09-2004, 02:55 PM
Tucker is average at best. Metcalf has been bumping around here a couple of years, and hasn't shown anything.

The $64 for the Bears is which T does Tait play?

If Tait is the LT, Gibson is RT and Gandy can play G ahead of Ruben. If Tait is RT, Gandy is LT, Ruben plays RG and Gibson is on the bench.

juice
08-09-2004, 02:58 PM
and i must be a flaming homo for playing it for the last 20 years of my life..

god, as a gay hockey player..

You have more issues than our O-LINE.. Temper, Temper

Everyone cant be as Knowledgeable as you about every subject.

Can anyone have an opinion without getting the "Snot Kicked out of them", the "**** beat out of you" or not being "Skilled enough and too Stupid to play or understand the sport"?

Your scaring everyone, Tonk.. You Big tough Hockey Stud.

juice
08-09-2004, 03:02 PM
you are the only person in the world who would think ice hockey.. and gay..

B) HOCKEY is GAY

Not the only one, Tonk

Hemlepp53
08-09-2004, 03:28 PM
Not the only one, Tonk

Never Liked Hockey...

BAM
08-09-2004, 03:33 PM
I don't think hockey is gay.. just boring :idunno:

Gunzlingr
08-09-2004, 04:52 PM
I am about ready to move this crap to the spam forum pretty quick.

Tatonka
08-09-2004, 04:55 PM
go ahead.. juice "the thread killer" killed this one a long time ago when he began his crusade for gay love w/ ruben brown and reese.

Tatonka
08-09-2004, 04:56 PM
You have more issues than our O-LINE.. Temper, Temper

Everyone cant be as Knowledgeable as you about every subject.

Can anyone have an opinion without getting the "Snot Kicked out of them", the "**** beat out of you" or not being "Skilled enough and too Stupid to play or understand the sport"?

Your scaring everyone, Tonk.. You Big tough Hockey Stud.

sorry.. it must be my gay hockey player mentality.. i just want to kick the **** out of straight people.

juice
08-09-2004, 05:04 PM

ruben is not a leader.. he is a washed up-has been..

pucillo was not good last year.. but if you asked anyone in the league which has more upside.. they would all say the kid does.. not the old man..

i just dont get it.. brown gets beat out by two nobodies for a backup spot, and your still hanging on to the "leader" tag as a reason to get him back..

either you are related to ruben and reese... or you are truely in love.. head over heels.. i hope things work out with you three.. maybe the three of you can ride off into the sunset one day.. after ruben gets cut, and reese gets put on the bench for wire.

Your first two posts speak for themselves... Talk about thread killer.

Tatonka
08-09-2004, 05:06 PM
Your first two posts speak for themselves... Talk about thread killer.

your reputation for killing threads was built long before this thread..

"elevate your mind" :up:

The_Philster
08-09-2004, 05:07 PM
I think you both need to go stand in a corner. :cynic:

juice
08-09-2004, 05:10 PM
We can only Hope.

My post aren't shots at other posters, UNPROVOKED

Tatonka
08-09-2004, 05:42 PM
Seems like Reese is holding down that FS spot, Coy Boy.

I'm not your average HOCKEY PUCK. Hockey Puck:snicker:

but stick to Figure skating.. it has a brighter future than Hockey.

Speaking of "Bright Futures" when are you and your BUDDY Wys gonna restart your Broadcast careers.. the season is about to start.. dont miss your "BIG CHANCE"

all provocations.. weak sauce provocations.. but it is not my fault that your best material is no good.

juice
08-09-2004, 05:43 PM
UNPROVOKED!

I'M A BELIEVER
08-10-2004, 08:17 AM
I don't know about the rest of you Zoners.........but it seems to me that Tatonka is overly defensive and might want to consider a sedative or some counseling for the anger....
THAT BEING SAID.
I do NOT think that all Hockey Players are GAY.
I guess Gay was a bad choice of words, but I was feeding off the prior post.
SILLY is the word that fits.
HOCKEY IS JUST PLAIN SILLY.
I understand the game.
I watched the game closely for years.
I am highly educated.
I played College football (Outside Linebacker) so I am not a puss.
I play lots of sports, and the world's two most pointless, boring,
contact sports are HOCKEY AND SOCCER.
Bowling and Golf are not sports in my opinion, they are hobbies.
I don't care how much skill they take...I am fairly good at both and I don't feel like I am playing a sport when I am doing either.

Tat, I am sure you and most of your fellow Hockey players are tough, talented athletes.
I am sure you are not so ignorant that you think that because I
have never played hockey that I am physically inferior.
Get me on ice, I will fall on my arse cause I suck at ice skating.
But I can throw down with the best of them.

NOW>>>>>BACK TO THE TOPIC.....I like facts and solid sources.....so I guess it does look like Reuben may in fact be a bit washed up.

I would still take him back at vet minimum over Pucillo.
Not over Villariall, or another solid guard....but he is better than PUKE.

justasportsfan
08-10-2004, 08:32 AM
ISOCCER.
Son of a.... I would love to get you out on the field for two mins...... (not in a gay sense) . It's the no. 1 sport in the world. :up:

The Spaz
08-10-2004, 08:42 AM
Originally posted by justasportsfan
Son of a.... I would love to get you out on the field for two mins...... (not in a gay sense) . It's the no. 1 sport in the world. :up:

World yes but not in the US.

juice
08-10-2004, 09:20 AM

NOW>>>>>BACK TO THE TOPIC.....I like facts and solid sources.....so I guess it does look like Reuben may in fact be a bit washed up.

I would still take him back at vet minimum over Pucillo.
Not over Villariall, or another solid guard....but he is better than PUKE.

Good point Believer.. But I would point out that one source call his potential release as a move NOT to upset team chemistry, thats not to say that he can no longer play the position as a starter in this League, just that it could upset CHI. team chemistry to make him a starter with the Bears.

My position is that we should have made a concerted effort to keep one of our team leaders in place unless we had a plan to fill the void left by his departure.. Unless the FO thought that Pusillo, Tucker, or Sullivan was ready to step in and make the line quality and depth better.

TedMock
08-10-2004, 09:25 AM
I think the "chemistry" comment was them being nice. They already lost a starting guard via free agency, so there's a new face there regardless of who it is. I loved Ruben's tenacity, but I think the last 3 or 4 seasons have shown a pretty steady decline.

I'M A BELIEVER
08-10-2004, 09:37 AM
agreed Juice....I think for Reuben not to make ANY squad in the NFL, the only reason would be chemistry.

I think Reuben was a valuable leader. I don't really think he would have signed for vet minimum with us earlier this offseason, but maybe now.....we know he loves Buffalo and Buffalo loves him....
I will not be broken hearted if he stays in Chicago, but I would see it as a good move to bring him back on the cheap if the opportunity arises.

justasportsfan
08-10-2004, 09:43 AM
agreed I think Reuben was a valuable leader. I don't really think he would have signed for vet minimum with us earlier this offseason, but maybe now.....we know he loves Buffalo and Buffalo loves him....
He wasn't a leader by example. Wait let me retract that, he was amongst the penalty leaders on this team.

I would love to have him back for vet min.

Juice has yet to prove that our team chemistry is screwed by the departure of 1 player. Besides, we haven't played a game to show that our chemistry is outawhack.

juice
08-10-2004, 09:58 AM
The hole left by Browns departure has left our line with little to no depth.. The proof is that bench players like Pucillo and Tucker even being considered starting material.

The MW saga also illustrates that the Line depth has suffered. Shifting players from one side to the other upsets line chemistry.

justasportsfan
08-10-2004, 10:01 AM
The hole left by Browns departure has left our line with little to no depth.. The proof is that bench players like Pucillo and Tucker even being considered starting material.

The MW saga also illustrates that the Line depth has suffered. Shifting players from one side to the other upsets line chemistry. Let them play and judge later. :up:

Bulldog
08-10-2004, 10:19 AM

The MW saga also illustrates that the Line depth has suffered. Shifting players from one side to the other upsets line chemistry.

What does the "Williams saga" have to do with the depth of the O-Line? Pucillio was shifted to the left as a result of Buffalo signing Villerial. Care to explain?

THATHURMANATOR
08-10-2004, 11:52 AM
This doesn't surprise me. Brown is a shell of his former self.

Mr. Cynical
08-10-2004, 08:04 PM
:)