• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mr. Cynical
    Maybe?
    • Oct 2003

It was only a scrimmage but...

...after reading the absolutely horrific play of the oline, my expectations for this season just got lower. I am going on record right now to say the Bills will go 6-10 again.

Yes, I know. It was only a scrimmage and we have another month to go before the season.

But it sounds like the exact same problems with the exact same people. Garbage in, garbage out. Can't shine a turd. If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck....etc.

Sorry for the downer news, but I'm staying true to my name.
  • saviorbledsoe
    All-Pro Zoner
    • Jul 2003

LOL

Comment

• The Spaz
      • Mar 2003

LMAO

Comment

• Jan Reimers
        Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
        • May 2003

Yeah, let's give the frig up after a week of camp and a meaningless scrimage.
        Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• hurls
          • Oct 2003

That's it. I'm selling my tickets!

Comment

• Dozerdog
            In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
            • Jul 2002

I got to hand it to the fin fans-

Take away Ricky and Boston, toss in all the distractions (Ogun holdout) and they are still somewhat opimistic.

1 week after camp opens, with 2 new starters against a team with pretty good defensive line talent- and the reaction is "Back on to the ledge?"

McGahee running all over them in short yardage did nothing for ya? Evans long bomb?

Comment

• lordofgun
              in charge of you

Administrator Emeritus
              • Jul 2002

It takes awhile for OLs to gel.

<a href="http://www.buzzdash.com/index.php?page=buzzbite&amp;BB_id=119588">Do you like me?</a> | <a href="http://www.buzzdash.com">BuzzDash polls</a>

Comment

• Michael82
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by lordofgun

Comment

• chernobylwraiths
                  • Jan 2003

And it's all gonna be Bledsoe's fault too.

Comment

• Mr. Cynical
                    Maybe?
                    • Oct 2003

I'll be willing to eat crow if I'm wrong, but mark this thread for mis season review. Willis running well has nothing to do with the oline's pass protection, right? What happened last year? TH ran well but our pass protection sucked.

What talent has been added on the line since then? Villarial. That's it. Mcnally, although a supposedly great line coach, can't pull a rabbit out of his ass. Even he alluded to that in his comment a few days ago about (paraphrasing) "there are high expectations around here so I can't make too many major changes".

Laugh all you want now, but you won't be laughing when Drew is a pile of Jello after 5 games and then JP gets knocked around like a pinball. Yes, it is only a scrimmage but the similarities between the way Mikey described it and last year are far too great to ignore.
                    Last edited by Mr. Cynical; 08-07-2004, 05:42 PM.

Comment

• Mr. Cynical
                      Maybe?
                      • Oct 2003

Originally posted by lordofgun
                      Yup. Just like last year...or the year before...

Repeat after me: you can't shine a turd. :p

Comment

• Dozerdog
                        In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
                        • Jul 2002

One week into camp- and one of the best players went AWOL for a few days-

Let's take an objective look when this thing has been given some proper time.

i know in the internet world we live in now we all want instant success/results. Give it time

Comment

• Fairway To Green
                          • Jul 2002

I'll start worrying if they show no improvement throughout the pre-season.

Comment

• Mr. Cynical
                            Maybe?
                            • Oct 2003

Originally posted by Dozerdog
                            One week into camp- and one of the best players went AWOL for a few days-

Let's take an objective look when this thing has been given some proper time.

i know in the internet world we live in now we all want instant success/results. Give it time
                            Actually dozer I've been saying all along I am willing to give it time. Just look at my past posts. I've said that my expectations are playoffs in '05, but no real damage until '06. I think that's being pretty patient.

What I don't have patience for is lack of action. It was clear our oline sucked last year and needed changes. I know I'm not the only who has said this either. The only thing that was done was to get Vililarial and McNally (and drop Brown). IMO, that wasn't nearly enough.

Teague is a major problem at C and needs to go. I mean, he has already f'ed up the snaps as he has for the past 2 years. Why is he going to change in 1 month? He's not IMO. Just look up and down our line and it doesn't take much to realize we are in trouble.

Why the coaches don't see it I dunno. THen again, McNally, to his credit, did say there needs to be changes but was being held back due to expectations. That's TD's fault IMO.

Comment

• cordog
                              eat, drink, and be merry
                              • Apr 2003

The first line O-Line was in for 10 plays. Thats it. I wish they would have played better, but we are still a month plus from the regular season. Remember this is a new offensive scheme, and 1 week into camp, and the Browns D hasnt change since last year. Last year the Bills looked good in the scrimmage and played like crap during the regular season. You cant take too much away from a scrimmage.

Comment

Working...
                              X