PDA

View Full Version : It was only a scrimmage but...

Mr. Cynical
08-07-2004, 01:28 PM
...after reading the absolutely horrific play of the oline, my expectations for this season just got lower. I am going on record right now to say the Bills will go 6-10 again.

Yes, I know. It was only a scrimmage and we have another month to go before the season.

But it sounds like the exact same problems with the exact same people. Garbage in, garbage out. Can't shine a turd. If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck....etc.

Sorry for the downer news, but I'm staying true to my name. :cynic:

saviorbledsoe
08-07-2004, 02:33 PM
LOL

The Spaz
08-07-2004, 02:36 PM
LMAO :rofl::lol:

Jan Reimers
08-07-2004, 03:17 PM
Yeah, let's give the frig up after a week of camp and a meaningless scrimage.

hurls
08-07-2004, 03:25 PM
That's it. I'm selling my tickets!

Dozerdog
08-07-2004, 03:46 PM
I got to hand it to the fin fans-

Take away Ricky and Boston, toss in all the distractions (Ogun holdout) and they are still somewhat opimistic.

1 week after camp opens, with 2 new starters against a team with pretty good defensive line talent- and the reaction is "Back on to the ledge?"

McGahee running all over them in short yardage did nothing for ya? Evans long bomb?

lordofgun
08-07-2004, 03:53 PM
It takes awhile for OLs to gel.

Michael82
08-07-2004, 04:01 PM
Originally posted by lordofgun

:bf1:

chernobylwraiths
08-07-2004, 05:25 PM
And it's all gonna be Bledsoe's fault too.

Mr. Cynical
08-07-2004, 05:39 PM
I'll be willing to eat crow if I'm wrong, but mark this thread for mis season review. Willis running well has nothing to do with the oline's pass protection, right? What happened last year? TH ran well but our pass protection sucked.

What talent has been added on the line since then? Villarial. That's it. Mcnally, although a supposedly great line coach, can't pull a rabbit out of his ass. Even he alluded to that in his comment a few days ago about (paraphrasing) "there are high expectations around here so I can't make too many major changes".

Laugh all you want now, but you won't be laughing when Drew is a pile of Jello after 5 games and then JP gets knocked around like a pinball. Yes, it is only a scrimmage but the similarities between the way Mikey described it and last year are far too great to ignore.

Mr. Cynical
08-07-2004, 05:44 PM

Yup. Just like last year...or the year before...

Repeat after me: you can't shine a turd. :p

Dozerdog
08-07-2004, 05:47 PM
One week into camp- and one of the best players went AWOL for a few days-

Let's take an objective look when this thing has been given some proper time.

i know in the internet world we live in now we all want instant success/results. Give it time

Novacane
08-07-2004, 05:51 PM
I'll start worrying if they show no improvement throughout the pre-season.

Mr. Cynical
08-07-2004, 05:53 PM
Originally posted by Dozerdog
One week into camp- and one of the best players went AWOL for a few days-

Let's take an objective look when this thing has been given some proper time.

i know in the internet world we live in now we all want instant success/results. Give it time

Actually dozer I've been saying all along I am willing to give it time. Just look at my past posts. I've said that my expectations are playoffs in '05, but no real damage until '06. I think that's being pretty patient.

What I don't have patience for is lack of action. It was clear our oline sucked last year and needed changes. I know I'm not the only who has said this either. The only thing that was done was to get Vililarial and McNally (and drop Brown). IMO, that wasn't nearly enough.

Teague is a major problem at C and needs to go. I mean, he has already f'ed up the snaps as he has for the past 2 years. Why is he going to change in 1 month? He's not IMO. Just look up and down our line and it doesn't take much to realize we are in trouble.

Why the coaches don't see it I dunno. THen again, McNally, to his credit, did say there needs to be changes but was being held back due to expectations. That's TD's fault IMO.

cordog
08-07-2004, 06:14 PM
The first line O-Line was in for 10 plays. Thats it. I wish they would have played better, but we are still a month plus from the regular season. Remember this is a new offensive scheme, and 1 week into camp, and the Browns D hasnt change since last year. Last year the Bills looked good in the scrimmage and played like crap during the regular season. You cant take too much away from a scrimmage.

bernielivsey_1
08-07-2004, 06:59 PM
Sorry mi tiping is so bade but it hard when u hav slashed your wrists cause the season is over in the frst scrimmmmage. Wow i thinck im gona pass oute.

Hemlepp53
08-07-2004, 07:01 PM
Originally posted by Fairway To Green
I'll start worrying if they show no improvement throughout the pre-season.

Originally posted by cordog
The first line O-Line was in for 10 plays. Thats it. I wish they would have played better, but we are still a month plus from the regular season. Remember this is a new offensive scheme, and 1 week into camp, and the Browns D hasnt change since last year. Last year the Bills looked good in the scrimmage and played like crap during the regular season. You cant take too much away from a scrimmage.

Correct Fairway.... Correct Cordog... Lets give it sometime and see what happens once things begin to unfold. I do see where many are upset. Trust me when reading the thread for the scrimage today I was so pissed off you would think it was The PLAYOFFS... Heartbreak and disappointment .. LoL.. Give It time guys... Lets Hope Things Tighten Up and Form Properly

Dozerdog
08-07-2004, 07:02 PM
Originally posted by bernielivsey_1
Sorry mi tiping is so bade but it hard when u hav slashed your wrists cause the season is over in the frst scrimmmmage. Wow i thinck im gona pass oute.

:rofl:

''Walk toward the light"

Mr. Cynical
08-07-2004, 07:23 PM
Drew is going to look like this after 3 games:

:stuck:

ScottLawrence
08-07-2004, 07:38 PM
Jesus chill out.

To me, it seemed like Teague was the only one having problems on the line.

Tatonka
08-07-2004, 08:40 PM
Originally posted by ScottLawrence
Jesus chill out.

To me, it seemed like Teague was the only one having problems on the line.

he was the main person having problems.. but orfeus roye is not even as good any of the DTs that we will face in our own division... to see teague come out and **** up 2 snaps, and give up 2 sacks.. in 10 plays.. is so friggen ridiculous.. he has been doing it for 2 years.. and we just paid him his roster bonus... how is it possible that coaches can not see that teague can NOT snap a ball??? he is not a center.. how is it possible to not see teague get pushed into the backfield repeatedly?? do the coaches and gm not watch the games??

any fan that has paid attention to the last two years has seen nothing but dog **** at center..

i am being dead serious.. i would rather have billy conaty or whatever his name was back.. he sucked less..

ScottLawrence
08-07-2004, 08:45 PM
Originally posted by Tatonka
he was the main person having problems.. but orfeus roye is not even as good any of the DTs that we will face in our own division... to see teague come out and **** up 2 snaps, and give up 2 sacks.. in 10 plays.. is so friggen ridiculous.. he has been doing it for 2 years.. and we just paid him his roster bonus... how is it possible that coaches can not see that teague can NOT snap a ball??? he is not a center.. how is it possible to not see teague get pushed into the backfield repeatedly?? do the coaches and gm not watch the games??

any fan that has paid attention to the last two years has seen nothing but dog **** at center..

i am being dead serious.. i would rather have billy conaty or whatever his name was back.. he sucked less..

Well said... And I wouldn't be suprised to see Sobieski starting by Monday.

The Spaz
08-07-2004, 08:45 PM
Originally posted by Tatonka

Let Ross Tucker or Dan Koons start at center. **** they can't get any worse.

Tatonka
08-07-2004, 08:48 PM
Originally posted by The Spaz
Let Ross Tucker or Dan Koons start at center. **** they can't get any worse.

i dont disagree at all. teague has been a colosal waste of money and time. the experiment of moving an average tackle to center should have been stopped after 1 year.. 2 at the absolute most.. but to see him **** up 4 out of 10 plays today.. in his third year.. it so beyond unacceptable..

how ****ing hard is it to practice snapping? i mean seriously? does he practice it at all?

unbelievable.

ScottLawrence
08-07-2004, 09:09 PM
Bledsoe sure did lit a fire under his ass on the side lines.

Goobylal
08-07-2004, 10:14 PM
I'd have to question how much the veterans were putting into the scrimmage today. I know I'd be pissed if a Bills starter got injured like a Browns' starting LB'er did yesterday, in what amounted to a glorified practice. Maybe that's why Bledsoe lit-into Teague on the sidelines? In any case, if Teague doesn't ramp-up his play several notches against the Broncos, Sobieski needs to be the starter. Enough is enough. I'd favor though moving Teague to LG so he can help Sobieski with calls.

The Spaz
08-07-2004, 10:22 PM
Originally posted by Goobylal
I'd have to question how much the veterans were putting into the scrimmage today. I know I'd be pissed if a Bills starter got injured like a Browns' starting LB'er did yesterday, in what amounted to a glorified practice. Maybe that's why Bledsoe lit-into Teague on the sidelines? In any case, if Teague doesn't ramp-up his play several notches against the Broncos, Sobieski needs to be the starter. Enough is enough. I'd favor though moving Teague to LG so he can help Sobieski with calls.

AS far as I know Teague, Tucker and Koons have been the centers in TC.

lordofgun
08-07-2004, 11:31 PM

Several years in our case. :(

The_Philster
08-08-2004, 04:34 AM
Originally posted by The Spaz
AS far as I know Teague, Tucker and Koons have been the centers in TC.

Sobieski has been practicing exclusively as the 2nd string center

BillsFanInMass
08-08-2004, 05:19 AM
Mr. Cynical acts like there was big name ol talent we could have picked up via free agency we got what was available and made offers to other guys who signed elsewhere. I believe its not gonna be that bad its too early to start panicking. Bledsoe needs to get rid of the f@#king ball quickly and make quick decisions if not he will get creamed. If you watch last years game against the redskins bledsoe looked awesome getting rid of the ball immediatlyand kicked ass all game then they went back to the same old **** the next week and sucked again.

Jan Reimers
08-08-2004, 06:41 AM
Let's give McNally a little time to look at tapes from this scrimage, evaluate his personnel, put the right pieces in place, and get these guys playing together - and for Big Mike to get in some kind of playing shape.

I'd be surprised if the O-line isn't much improved by the 3rd preseason game.

At any rate, it is far too early to do the Chicken Little routine.

Throne Logic
08-08-2004, 06:44 AM
Originally posted by BillsFanInMass
Mr. Cynical acts like there was big name ol talent we could have picked up via free agency we got what was available and made offers to other guys who signed elsewhere. I believe its not gonna be that bad its too early to start panicking. Bledsoe needs to get rid of the f@#king ball quickly and make quick decisions if not he will get creamed. If you watch last years game against the redskins bledsoe looked awesome getting rid of the ball immediatlyand kicked ass all game then they went back to the same old **** the next week and sucked again.

It's very difficult to expect Drew to get rid of the ball quicker when he has to concentrate so much on the friggin' snap because there's a 1 in 5 chance it's not going to be snapped in his direction. How can Drew be expected to concentrate on his pre-snap reads when he's got this on the brain?

Throne Logic
08-08-2004, 06:45 AM
After the past two years and the number of screwed up snaps, particularly of the shotgun variety, Teague should have spent the off-season bent over in front of a target.

I'm one of those who's maintaining that McNally can fix what we've got with the O-Line, but I've got to admit that Teague's snapping ability has me very, very concerned. There is no excuse for a bad snap. None. It's a major chunk of what he's physically responsible for accomplishing. That snap is the start of every play. Can't have a play without a snap. Need a Center who can snap.

Tatonka
08-08-2004, 07:47 AM
Originally posted by Throne Logic
It's very difficult to expect Drew to get rid of the ball quicker when he has to concentrate so much on the friggin' snap because there's a 1 in 5 chance it's not going to be snapped in his direction. How can Drew be expected to concentrate on his pre-snap reads when he's got this on the brain?

this is one thing that i can accept as a valid excuse for bledsoe.

Canadian'eh!
08-08-2004, 09:25 AM
Not too mention tehre is pressure up the middle step for step with Drew's dropback... Pucillo too at least one holding as well.

we should have sign kendall.. it wouldn't matter if he had played LG or C... both would ahve been VASTLY improved.

HenryRules
08-08-2004, 05:29 PM
Originally posted by BillsFanInMass

We didn't draft anyone (Shawn Andrews and Jake Grove are two players that would have been available to us).

Two OL players that were free agents that we didn't take a look at (AFAIK) that would have helped are: James and Woody.

High snap, holding, illegal procedure ... all Bledsoe's fault, right?

We signed Villerial, but that fills one of our 3 weaknesses (LG, RG, and C being the weak spots) ... what did we do to look at the others?