PDA

View Full Version : All is gotta say is.....HE'S BAAAAAACK!!!!

Michael82
08-07-2004, 02:25 PM
I watched Willis thoroughly at the scrimmage today, and let's just say he left me VERY impressed. I was worried that he still didn't seem 100%, because he hasn't been showing his speed too much in camp, or his power...but after today, I now will admit...

WILLIS is BACK!

He looks really good and proved to me 2 things...

1. He can take hits. The Browns players drilled him many times and Willis got right up after the hit.

2. Travis Henry is the starter, but for how long. Henry looked pretty good in the goal line formations, but I think McGahee looked better. McGahee's speed is really fun to watch, especially around the tackle.

Also, Josh Reed has had a pretty good training camp so far and looked pretty good, but Lee Evans will take over #2, if not in preseason, then sometime during the season. That one pass from Brown was really sweet, Evans turned on his jets and was downfield in time for the ball. Beautiful play! :bf1:

BAM
08-07-2004, 02:28 PM
I'm hearing a lot of good comments about Willis and Evans so far. I like it. :up: A lot. :)

Novacane
08-07-2004, 02:29 PM
:up: Henry's fantasy value just went down. Willis is going to take more of his carries than people think.

The Spaz
08-07-2004, 02:29 PM
Willis baby!!!!!:up::beers:

Michael82
08-07-2004, 02:32 PM
Originally posted by Fairway To Green
:up: Henry's fantasy value just went down. Willis is going to take more of his carries than people think.

I agree! I think you gotta use Willis for his speed as a goal line back, plus Willis is the Bills' 3rd down back too.

Novacane
08-07-2004, 02:33 PM
the guys on WRG are saying he was horrible in kicking drills. Said he was 2 for 6 in FG attempts making only 2 short ones and missing from 33, 38 and 43 and 48.

I'm afraid he's gonna cost us some games.

Have you watched him at all so far Mike? Is he sucking in practice too?

Michael82
08-07-2004, 02:37 PM
the guys on WRG are saying he was horrible in kicking drills. Said he was 2 for 6 in FG attempts making only 2 short ones and missing from 33, 38 and 43 and 48.

I'm afraid he's gonna cost us some games.

Have you watched him at all so far Mike? Is he sucking in practice too?

They don't practice many field goals, but from what i saw today...TD better be on the phone looking for a new kicker soon. Or maybe ask Hollis how his back is doing. Shafer is a waste of a roster space. :scared:

ryjam282
08-07-2004, 03:25 PM
I knew Willis would be the real deal. I called it from the beginning. Thanks for the report Mikey. Willis is the man.

hurls
08-07-2004, 03:28 PM
This is all great news, except for Lindell of course. Other than Hollis, who else is out there?

chernobylwraiths
08-07-2004, 05:23 PM
Originally posted by slruh
This is all great news, except for Lindell of course. Other than Hollis, who else is out there?

Isn't Christie still available? Or did he go back to San Diego?

chernobylwraiths
08-07-2004, 05:23 PM
Originally posted by Mikey82
I agree! I think you gotta use Willis for his speed as a goal line back, plus Willis is the Bills' 3rd down back too.

You don't need speed at the goal line or on 3rd and short, you need power.

Novacane
08-07-2004, 05:53 PM
Originally posted by chernobylwraiths

Willis has power. 6' 236lbs. I bet he ends up the goal line back

Michael82
08-07-2004, 05:57 PM
Originally posted by chernobylwraiths

I meant power. Willis has a lot of power when he runs. You could see it when he scored his 4 TDs today. :up:

I agree! and the 3rd down back.

chernobylwraiths
08-07-2004, 06:15 PM

Mikey misspoke. I was just wondering why he said that. No problem.

Hemlepp53
08-07-2004, 06:53 PM
Hmm.. Things sound on the up with this weeks training ending. Willis is looking good from what I here and Evan Is Just what the Doctor Ordered. I just want to see our O Line And Drew Pick it up so that things can Run Smoothly.