PDA

View Full Version : Here's some notes from the scrimmage...

Michael82
08-07-2004, 02:46 PM
Well, it looks like Jim McNally is right....

He told us that he couldn't perform miracles. He can't turn **** into gold, and it definitely looks that way. I watched Mike Williams and he is a big fat tub of goo. He did a good job blocking for Brown on a couple plays, but he also got beat a few. That month off for Big Mike killed him. He really needs these next few weeks to spend "personal" time with Rusty Jones for every moment he isn't practicing. I heard he was over 400 lbs and the Bills want him at least down to 370 or so. Somebody better give Mike some Trim Spa or something. :snicker:

Now as for the other OL...just so you know. Travis Brown was using the exact same offensive line as Drew Bledsoe in the 2nd series and he did pretty well with it. I hate to say it, but I think it may be Drew Bledsoe. He held onto the ball too long, a few times and he never seems to throw the ball farther than 20 yards. Plus, Teague can't shotgun snap at all. They even got into a little argument a couple times because of it.

Ryan Denney and Chris Kelsay got a ton of reps at DE, and Kelsay got more with the starters. However, they didn't seem to stick with the regular 4-3 defense much. The team did a combination 3-4 and 4-3 defense, where you use the LB as an end, instead of Denney or Kelsay. Posey and Gildon did pretty good and had some nice pass rush on the QB.

Dozerdog
08-07-2004, 02:49 PM
So- going to publish your report???

_Ghost_Hackers
08-07-2004, 02:51 PM
Are you sure we were at the same scrimmage? You know - the Bills vs Browns?

The one where our 0-line looked drastically better than that piece of **** last year?

The one where the offense seemed to look more in step than the defense?

Novacane
08-07-2004, 02:51 PM
Originally posted by Mikey82

Now as for the other OL...just so you know. Travis Brown was using the exact same offensive line as Drew Bledsoe in the 2nd series and he did pretty well with it. I hate to say it, but I think it may be Drew Bledsoe. He held onto the ball too long, a few times .

Watch it. You'll be labled a hater :D

Michael82
08-07-2004, 02:52 PM
Originally posted by Dozerdog
So- going to publish your report???

yeah, i'm working on one.

Michael82
08-07-2004, 02:53 PM
Originally posted by _Ghost_Hackers

The one where our 0-line looked drastically better than that piece of **** last year?

It did?!?! What the **** were you watching!?!?

_Ghost_Hackers
08-07-2004, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by Mikey82
It did?!?! What the **** were you watching!?!?

The scrimmage - maybe you shoulda went.

The liine didnt look great but it was much improved over last years disaster - except for Mike anyway

Dozerdog
08-07-2004, 03:05 PM

The liine didnt look great but it was much improved over last years disaster - except for Mike anyway

The line sounded like crapola on the play-by -play against the Browns #1 unit.

Maybe you should have put down the comic book

Michael82
08-07-2004, 03:05 PM

No it was not. Didn't you see Drew have people in his face constantly? I did. Travis Brown also was rushed a few times. Teague had snapping problems again and Drew was sacked out of only 4 times. He was 1 for 3 passing. That's not good work from the OL.

Michael82
08-07-2004, 03:06 PM
Originally posted by Dozerdog
The line sounded like crapola on the play-by -play against the Browns #1 unit.

Maybe you should have put down the comic book

EXACTLY!

Dozerdog
08-07-2004, 03:11 PM

These folks were commenting listening to the scrimmage via the net

Originally posted by HAMMER
Bills running ball effectively.....but 10 yard penalty and sack...arggh.

Originally posted by ScottLawrence
No... Bledsoe got sacked.

Teague got ran over by Orpheus Roye and sacked Bledsoe.

Originally posted by HAMMER
Browns D-Line is eating us up

Originally posted by Aero II
Sounds like McNally has A LOT of work ahead of him.

Originally posted by juice
Brown is DOOMED... We have O-Line issues.

Originally posted by ScottLawrence
Its been mostly Teague thats had issues.

Sounds like we can run the ball- but pass protection is an issue- similar to last season. granted- pass protection is a lot harder and takes longer to develop in pre-season- and they have been working for only a week.

Sunday night will be a test.

buffmaniac
08-07-2004, 04:11 PM
Disappointing but it was only a scrimmage. There is still a lot of time to work out the problems. I still guarantee that McNally will have this OL playing much better when the season rolls around. I guess we'll see.