PDA

View Full Version : Winfield impressive in scrimmage

_Ghost_Hackers
08-08-2004, 12:55 AM
Winfield Impressive

Cornerback Antoine Winfield had a very impressive performance in the morning session against the Chiefs. Winfield recorded two interceptions, a couple passes defended and laid a number of big hits. Winfield was the biggest free agent addition to the Vikings. He was brought in to solidify one side of the defensive secondary. If his performance this morning was any indication of what we'll see this season, Vikings fans are in for a treat.

Shiny Chicken
08-08-2004, 01:45 AM
:(

Iehoshua
08-08-2004, 02:21 AM
Who's Winfield?
:rolleyes:

Tatonka
08-08-2004, 07:54 AM
winfield is the guy that couldnt get an INT for us to save his life.

Michael82
08-08-2004, 07:56 AM
Originally posted by Tatonka
winfield is the guy that couldnt get an INT for us to save his life.

And now when he's not on our team anymore, he decides to light it up and actually catch them. :shakeno:

:mad: :madcurse:

The_Philster
08-08-2004, 08:19 AM
Originally posted by Mikey82
And now when he's not on our team anymore, he decides to light it up and actually catch them. :shakeno:

:mad: :madcurse:
Probably because Ted Cottrell knows how to use him. I bet HE doesn't line him up 5-10 yards off the LOS every play like Gray did last year. :cynic:

Michael82
08-08-2004, 08:58 AM
Originally posted by The_Philster
Probably because Ted Cottrell knows how to use him. I bet HE doesn't line him up 5-10 yards off the LOS every play like Gray did last year. :cynic:

Uhh, wasn't Cottrell here when Winfield was here? He didn't get INTs then either. :mad:

Novacane
08-08-2004, 09:01 AM
Originally posted by Mikey82
Uhh, wasn't Cottrell here when Winfield was here? He didn't get INTs then either. :mad:

Yes he was. So he had a good scrimmage. He won't keep it up.

The Spaz
08-08-2004, 09:07 AM
Who ****ing cares Vincent will do just as well with more int's. Vincent's and Winfield's tackling #'s th elast 3-4 years are nearly identical except Vincent has more picks.

_Ghost_Hackers
08-08-2004, 09:44 AM
Winfield is more of a shutdown corner ... he is never gonna give up the big play.

Vincent is more of a half shut down / half interception corner so he is going to go for it sometimes, miss, and give up the big play.

It is pick your poision. But both are pretty good CB's.

Tatonka
08-08-2004, 09:54 AM
Originally posted by _Ghost_Hackers
Winfield is more of a shutdown corner ... he is never gonna give up the big play.

wini gave up plenty of big plays.. plenty.

Michael82
08-08-2004, 10:01 AM
Originally posted by _Ghost_Hackers

Vincent is more of a half shut down / half interception corner so he is going to go for it sometimes, miss, and give up the big play.

It is pick your poision. But both are pretty good CB's.

Winfield got burnt very badly, many times last year. I even remember seeing a few plays against the Fins. :mad:

_Ghost_Hackers
08-08-2004, 10:48 AM
I can remember 2 - if you can only remember 2 from an entire year then thats pretty good ...

... name then - give phots. I have all the games on Tiv0.

Dozerdog
08-08-2004, 12:30 PM
He's costing the Vikes 12 million on their cap this season- he better pick off a pass in a scrimmage

Iehoshua
08-08-2004, 12:34 PM
Ohhhh you mean Antoine "All-Hits, No-Picks" Winfield!

He got 2 ints in the scrim? Uh oh... Sorry Vikes, he's already got his total picks for the season. Hope you aren't expecting to see any more.

Mr. Cynical
08-08-2004, 12:41 PM
Originally posted by The Spaz
Who ****ing cares Vincent will do just as well with more int's. Vincent's and Winfield's tackling #'s th elast 3-4 years are nearly identical except Vincent has more picks.

Wow. I didn't realize that. Good info. :up:

(not being sarcastic, btw)

The Spaz
08-08-2004, 12:43 PM
Originally posted by Mr. Cynical
Wow. I didn't realize that. Good info. :up:

(not being sarcastic, btw)

:up:

Schobel94
08-08-2004, 01:19 PM
I remember Winfield getting handled against Cinci, although that was mostly scheme. He let up big plays against Washington, a few against Tennessee, against Miami. It wasn't common but it happened.