PDA

View Full Version : It just keeps getting worse for Miami...

Ickybaluky
08-08-2004, 07:37 AM
Bad enough David Boston got hurt, but now the team is worried about his suiing them. Apparently, Boston complained about soreness in his knee prior to the practice. He was examined by the team doctor, who told him it was Patella tendonitis and he could play with it. Boston them went out and blew out his Patella tendon.

Here is the story (http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/sports/football/9347757.htm).

Since it requires registration, I'll post the relevant section:

Boston's injury could create some headaches off the field, too. On Saturday, Spielman said Boston had complained of a sore knee before the afternoon practice Friday, when he was hurt.

Boston, who tore his right patellar tendon in 2002, had experienced patellar tendinitis earlier in camp. The knee was examined by team doctor George Caldwell, who found no structural problems, trainer Kevin O'Neill said. Caldwell declined to speak with reporters Saturday.

''David said his knee was sore, but everything was attached, everything was fine,'' Spielman said. 'It was just tendinitis. [Caldwell] said, `David just go out, would you like to try it?' He said, 'Yeah, I'd like to go out and try it and see how it feels.' It was just a freak thing.''

However, at least one team source said he feared that might lead Boston and agent Mitch Frankel to blame Caldwell and the Dolphins for the injury. Boston is scheduled to make a base salary of $525,000 this year with the rest of his contract dependent on how many games he played in.

NO COMMENT

Frankel declined to comment about the issue Saturday when reached by cellphone. Boston issued a statement through the team after being told by Frankel not to talk directly to the media, Dolphins spokesman Harvey Greene said.

While malpractice suits are rare in the NFL, there is precedent. Former Jacksonville offensive lineman Jeff Novak reached a settlement against a former Jaguars team doctor, and former Dolphins wide receiver O.J. McDuffie has filed a suit against a group of doctors who worked on him through the Dolphins.

Tatonka
08-08-2004, 07:53 AM
wow.. very interesting..

i didnt realize.. this was the same injury that he had in 2002?

The Natrix
08-08-2004, 08:17 AM
And some people here said they would have taken him over Peerless Price. :lol: :shakeno:

ryjam282
08-08-2004, 09:18 AM
T, he tore his ACL in 2002. Not sure if it is the same knee though. Most likely though.

Canadian'eh!
08-08-2004, 09:26 AM
NO i believe it was the other knee this time...

Billsouth
08-08-2004, 09:28 AM
does anyone remember Patrick Jeffers who played for the panthers? he ended up suing the team dr for malpractice

SABURZFAN
08-09-2004, 07:18 AM
somebody at work told me the same thing.if NE39 has posted it,that's good enough for me.

if this is the case,i see a few more people losing their jobs down there in miami.it may be funny to us Bills,Pats,and Jets fans but if you look at it from the eyes outside of our division,it's a very unfortunate situation for a team to crumble right before their very eyes.

ryjam282
08-09-2004, 07:36 AM
Yeah...Not really :snicker: I love it.

OpIv37
08-09-2004, 08:38 AM
Who would've thought? Boston won't even be on the field yet he's still managing to disrupt team chemistry.

He should sue- I mean, I would hate to get paid a half million dollars to do nothing. How will he manage his steroid-and-caviar habit on that slave wage?

don137
08-09-2004, 08:57 AM
Originally posted by Billsouth
does anyone remember Patrick Jeffers who played for the panthers? he ended up suing the team dr for malpractice

I believe Jeffers lost his suit though...

Samphin1
08-09-2004, 01:27 PM
Boston's agent has already stated he has no intentions of filing a suit against the Dolphins. Then again, this is coming form an against so he will most likely due a 180 by tomorrow.

Saburz, I hope you are right about people getting fired. Wannstedt needs to go and should have never been hired. I cannot stand him and the same thing is happening to Miami that happened to Chacago. Chicago still hasn't recovered from him (one fluke season doesn't count).

Terrible offseason. Man, I have never come into a season with lower expectations. Now I know what it is like to be a Bills fan. Knowing you have no shot before it starts... :lol: :jk:

casdhf
08-09-2004, 04:38 PM
I hope Wanny gets a 10-year deal. :up:

HAMMER
08-09-2004, 09:11 PM
I don't like to see anyone get hurt....but as far as the team crumbling......who gives a flying bleep. It is the Dolphins, our arch nemesis, the hated rival. Sorry about their luck. That's the way the cookie, err, knee crumbles.