X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The_Philster
    • Jul 2002

Bledsoe not satisfied with offense

The Buffalo Bills' offense got a lecture from quarterback Drew Bledsoe and receiver Eric Moulds when it went to the sideline after the first segment of Saturday's scrimmage against the Cleveland Browns.
    Bledsoe was not happy the Bills managed just two first downs in 13 snaps from center.

"I think two things were apparent," Bledsoe said. "No. 1, we came out and ran the ball extremely well the first couple of plays. We showed what we're capable of against a good defense.
    more
    The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!
  • SABURZFAN
    short bus extraordinaire
    • Jul 2002

the Browns defense isn't that good.
    Originally posted by yordad
    Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• The Spaz
      • Mar 2003

Originally posted by SABURZFAN
      There front 4 is pretty good and maybe there 1 corner is good as well.

Comment

• Hemlepp53
        • Jul 2004

Originally posted by SABURZFAN
        @Hemlepp53

Comment

• ryjam282
          Offical Billszone Starting QB
          • Mar 2003

I can't believe he actually stepped up and said something to his teammates. Maybe we will see a change in him this year.

Ryan Withey
          Owner/President/GM/Director of Player Personnel

Kansas City Super Deuces

Comment

• bledslow
            • May 2004

EVERYBODY shoud step up and say to him,why havent you been good for a FULL season since the 98 season.

Comment

• saviorbledsoe
              All-Pro Zoner
              • Jul 2003

Because he was on your sorry ass Pats teams

Comment

• Mr. Cynical
                Maybe?
                • Oct 2003

Travis Henry got the Bills off to a good start, ripping off a 9-yard run on a cutback off right tackle and then slashing off left tackle for 12 yards. A reverse to Moulds gained 11, and the Bills were quickly at the Browns' 38.

Then the sputtering began. Guard Mike Pucillo was called for holding the Browns' 325-pound defensive tackle, Gerard Warren. Receiver Bobby Shaw appeared to miss a hot read and broke the wrong way on an incomplete pass. Then Warren got a 7-yard sack of Bledsoe.

The Bills started over from the 35 but were immediately called for a 10-yard holding penalty, followed two plays later by illegal motion. Two plays later, Bledsoe dropped a shotgun snap and had to throw incomplete toward the sideline on a throw that was almost intercepted.

Sound familiar?

Holding.
                Shaw runs wrong route (or maybe Drew screwed up the throw).
                Sack.
                Holding.
                Illegal motion.
                Drew drops a snap.
                Incomplete pass/near INT.

Yeah, yeah...only a scrimmage. But the season is 4 weeks away. This offensive team has been together (except for Villarial) for years now. It isn't like you have a team full of rookies. Moreover, the plan was simplified. These were routine plays that should have been alot smoother.

Buckle up guys, this is going to be a long season.
                Last edited by Mr. Cynical; 08-08-2004, 01:24 PM.

Comment

• The Spaz
                  • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Mr. Cynical
                  Travis Henry got the Bills off to a good start, ripping off a 9-yard run on a cutback off right tackle and then slashing off left tackle for 12 yards. A reverse to Moulds gained 11, and the Bills were quickly at the Browns' 38.

Then the sputtering began. Guard Mike Pucillo was called for holding the Browns' 325-pound defensive tackle, Gerard Warren. Receiver Bobby Shaw appeared to miss a hot read and broke the wrong way on an incomplete pass. Then Warren got a 7-yard sack of Bledsoe.

The Bills started over from the 35 but were immediately called for a 10-yard holding penalty, followed two plays later by illegal motion. Two plays later, Bledsoe dropped a shotgun snap and had to throw incomplete toward the sideline on a throw that was almost intercepted.

Sound familiar?

Holding.
                  Shaw runs wrong route (or maybe Drew screwed up the throw).
                  Sack.
                  Holding.
                  Illegal motion.
                  Drew drops a snap.
                  Incomplete pass/near INT.

Yeah, yeah...only a scrimmage. But the season is 4 weeks away. This offensive team has been together (except for Villarial) for years now. It isn't like you have a team full of rookies. Moreover, the plan was simplified. These were routine plays that should have been alot smoother.

Buckle up guys, this is going to be a long season.

Don't watch the games it's over already after a scrimmage which we did win by the way...

Comment

• Mr. Cynical
                    Maybe?
                    • Oct 2003

I hear you Spaz, but can you say the problems aren't *exactly* the same?

Comment

• mybills
                      81 st zoner
                      • Jul 2002

Mr. C...you're right, it DOES sound familiar.
                      I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• saviorbledsoe
                        All-Pro Zoner
                        • Jul 2003

I swear he is a deciple of WysGuy. The end is near the end is near! Repent Repent!

Comment

• Mr. Cynical
                          Maybe?
                          • Oct 2003

I never knew wys. I joined after he left the boards apparently.

Tell me I'm wrong about the similarities I mentioned above and then we'll talk.

Comment

• saviorbledsoe
                            All-Pro Zoner
                            • Jul 2003

I never knew wys. I joined after he left the boards apparently.

Tell me I'm wrong about the similarities I mentioned above and then we'll talk.
                            Dude chill. We are all concerned that the line is still crap but the preseason is 1 week old and they have 4 weeks and 4 preseason games left before the action COUNTS. Anything can and will happen till then. If we dont see improvement in the line by the 3rd preseason game then I will join you in worrying. But I will never give up optimism and believing the Bills can win the AFCE and the Superbowl until the last whistle of their season is blown. It is the way of the new NFL that any team can have realistic hopes and dreams and with every game that is won or lost it is never over till its over.

Go BILLS!

Comment

• chernobylwraiths
                              • Jan 2003

I hear you Spaz, but can you say the problems aren't *exactly* the same?
                              I don't know about exactly the same, but I do think your nic is very appropriate.

Comment

Working...
                              X