PDA

View Full Version : Bledsoe not satisfied with offense

The_Philster
08-08-2004, 08:34 AM
The Buffalo Bills' offense got a lecture from quarterback Drew Bledsoe and receiver Eric Moulds when it went to the sideline after the first segment of Saturday's scrimmage against the Cleveland Browns.
Bledsoe was not happy the Bills managed just two first downs in 13 snaps from center.

"I think two things were apparent," Bledsoe said. "No. 1, we came out and ran the ball extremely well the first couple of plays. We showed what we're capable of against a good defense....
more (http://www.buffalonews.com/editorial/20040808/1026506.asp)

SABURZFAN
08-08-2004, 08:39 AM
the Browns defense isn't that good.

The Spaz
08-08-2004, 09:00 AM
Originally posted by SABURZFAN

There front 4 is pretty good and maybe there 1 corner is good as well.

Hemlepp53
08-08-2004, 09:00 AM
Originally posted by SABURZFAN

;)

ryjam282
08-08-2004, 09:07 AM
I can't believe he actually stepped up and said something to his teammates. Maybe we will see a change in him this year.

bledslow
08-08-2004, 11:11 AM
EVERYBODY shoud step up and say to him,why havent you been good for a FULL season since the 98 season.

saviorbledsoe
08-08-2004, 11:16 AM
Because he was on your sorry ass Pats teams :snicker:

Mr. Cynical
08-08-2004, 01:22 PM
Travis Henry got the Bills off to a good start, ripping off a 9-yard run on a cutback off right tackle and then slashing off left tackle for 12 yards. A reverse to Moulds gained 11, and the Bills were quickly at the Browns' 38.

Then the sputtering began. Guard Mike Pucillo was called for holding the Browns' 325-pound defensive tackle, Gerard Warren. Receiver Bobby Shaw appeared to miss a hot read and broke the wrong way on an incomplete pass. Then Warren got a 7-yard sack of Bledsoe.

The Bills started over from the 35 but were immediately called for a 10-yard holding penalty, followed two plays later by illegal motion. Two plays later, Bledsoe dropped a shotgun snap and had to throw incomplete toward the sideline on a throw that was almost intercepted.

Sound familiar?

Holding.
Shaw runs wrong route (or maybe Drew screwed up the throw).
Sack.
Holding.
Illegal motion.
Drew drops a snap.
Incomplete pass/near INT.

Yeah, yeah...only a scrimmage. But the season is 4 weeks away. This offensive team has been together (except for Villarial) for years now. It isn't like you have a team full of rookies. Moreover, the plan was simplified. These were routine plays that should have been alot smoother.

Buckle up guys, this is going to be a long season. :cynic:

The Spaz
08-08-2004, 01:29 PM
Originally posted by Mr. Cynical
Travis Henry got the Bills off to a good start, ripping off a 9-yard run on a cutback off right tackle and then slashing off left tackle for 12 yards. A reverse to Moulds gained 11, and the Bills were quickly at the Browns' 38.

Then the sputtering began. Guard Mike Pucillo was called for holding the Browns' 325-pound defensive tackle, Gerard Warren. Receiver Bobby Shaw appeared to miss a hot read and broke the wrong way on an incomplete pass. Then Warren got a 7-yard sack of Bledsoe.

The Bills started over from the 35 but were immediately called for a 10-yard holding penalty, followed two plays later by illegal motion. Two plays later, Bledsoe dropped a shotgun snap and had to throw incomplete toward the sideline on a throw that was almost intercepted.

Sound familiar?

Holding.
Sack.
Holding.
Illegal motion.
Drew drops a snap.
Incomplete pass/near INT.

Yeah, yeah...only a scrimmage. But the season is 4 weeks away. This offensive team has been together (except for Villarial) for years now. It isn't like you have a team full of rookies. Moreover, the plan was simplified. These were routine plays that should have been alot smoother.

Buckle up guys, this is going to be a long season. :cynic:

Don't watch the games it's over already after a scrimmage which we did win by the way...:shakeno::rolleyes:

Mr. Cynical
08-08-2004, 01:42 PM
I hear you Spaz, but can you say the problems aren't *exactly* the same?

mybills
08-08-2004, 02:12 PM
Mr. C...you're right, it DOES sound familiar. :wail:

saviorbledsoe
08-08-2004, 02:16 PM
I swear he is a deciple of WysGuy. The end is near the end is near! Repent Repent!

Mr. Cynical
08-08-2004, 02:17 PM
I never knew wys. I joined after he left the boards apparently.

Tell me I'm wrong about the similarities I mentioned above and then we'll talk.

saviorbledsoe
08-08-2004, 02:25 PM

Dude chill. We are all concerned that the line is still crap but the preseason is 1 week old and they have 4 weeks and 4 preseason games left before the action COUNTS. Anything can and will happen till then. If we dont see improvement in the line by the 3rd preseason game then I will join you in worrying. But I will never give up optimism and believing the Bills can win the AFCE and the Superbowl until the last whistle of their season is blown. It is the way of the new NFL that any team can have realistic hopes and dreams and with every game that is won or lost it is never over till its over.

Go BILLS!

chernobylwraiths
08-08-2004, 02:26 PM
I hear you Spaz, but can you say the problems aren't *exactly* the same?

I don't know about exactly the same, but I do think your nic is very appropriate.

Mr. Cynical
08-08-2004, 02:29 PM
SB - your optimism knows no bounds. I'll give you that. :)

Hey, as I've always said, I'd be certifiable if I didn't hope I was wrong. I mean, why would I want a team I love so much to fail? I wouldn't. So I'm with you in the "hope" that it will all work out. :up:

buffmaniac
08-08-2004, 04:06 PM
I agree Cynical that the offense was disappointing. I mean 3 penalties, a missed sight adjustment, a sack, and a bad snap on 1 offensive series. These kinds of mistake can't happen. There is still a lot of time in camp so I still think these coaches have time to get things on track. They better for our sake. It is good though to see Drew step up and say something. I mean if Teague gets bulled over and then snaps the ball at your feet, get in his face and tell him to get his **** together. I would actually like to see more of this from Drew.

HenryRules
08-08-2004, 04:10 PM
Although I think the game itself was a negative performance by the offense ... I'm encouraged to hear Bledsoe's reaction. This could be an indicator that he's not in "deer-in-the-headlights" mode like he was on the sidelines last season and has gotten a bit of his swagger back.

BAM
08-08-2004, 04:39 PM
This is some great INFO. Finally it seems Drew is standing up and becoming a leader type figure on the Offense. Good job, Drew. :up:

ParanoidAndroid
08-08-2004, 04:46 PM
I was sure that they would seek a replacement for Trey Teague in the offseason. I thought that when they didn't, many of the same problems would occur. That guy has never been able to snap shotgun and he's getting his ass kicked by the big DT's all over the league these days. The fact that Pucillo is still out front on the depth chart doesn't give me warm fuzzy feelings either. I'm sure we're going to see him miss lots more blocks when he pulls in front of running plays. On top of that, the Mike Williams situation isn't getting any better. I hope McNally has some good tricks up his sleeve to bring these guys together really quick. I have my fingers crossed that pre-season and camp will fix some of the kinks.

illusionone
08-08-2004, 05:20 PM

I love how you put the maybe Drew screwed up here....your not bias)

Drew drops a snap.
(If I remember correctly, was the snap way over his head? At least he picked it up and tried doing something w/ it)

HenryRules
08-08-2004, 05:23 PM
Originally posted by illusionone

Drew drops a snap.
(If I remember correctly, was the snap way over his head? At least he picked it up and tried doing something w/ it)

I know it's not me you're referring to, but does it really matter whose fault those plays were?

They are a sign of an inept offense ... one that was supposed to be getting better. I know it's the first scrimmage and as such, I'm not overly concerned ... but penalties on the OL, miscommunication between QB and receiver, bad snaps ... those all sound vaguely familiar to me.

illusionone
08-08-2004, 05:24 PM
Originally posted by buffmaniac
I agree Cynical that the offense was disappointing. I mean 3 penalties, a missed sight adjustment, a sack, and a bad snap on 1 offensive series. These kinds of mistake can't happen. There is still a lot of time in camp so I still think these coaches have time to get things on track. They better for our sake. It is good though to see Drew step up and say something. I mean if Teague gets bulled over and then snaps the ball at your feet, get in his face and tell him to get his **** together. I would actually like to see more of this from Drew.

The 3 Penalties must have been Drews fault.

Mr. Cynical
08-08-2004, 05:26 PM

Drew drops a snap.

Maybe you should read the article first:

"Two plays later, Bledsoe dropped a shotgun snap and had to throw incomplete toward the sideline on a throw that was almost intercepted."

Let's see....did it say "Bledsoe tried to bring in a bad snap and tried to make a play"?

No.

Seems to me you are the one being biased here, not me. :rolleyes:

Edit: And how do you know it wasn't a bad throw by Drew? It is certainly possible, which is why I said "maybe".

illusionone
08-08-2004, 05:28 PM
Originally posted by HenryRules
I know it's not me you're referring to, but does it really matter whose fault those plays were?

They are a sign of an inept offense ... one that was supposed to be getting better. I know it's the first scrimmage and as such, I'm not overly concerned ... but penalties on the OL, miscommunication between QB and receiver, bad snaps ... those all sound vaguely familiar to me.

I agree with you here.....it's just frustrating to watch some of these (so called) bills fans, put everything on 1 guy. If they want to blame someone it should be TD, for not upgrading a horrible o-line. As a huge Blesdoe fan, I admit he had one of the worst seasons of his carrer, and unlike TD, I think Drew had more to do with it, kinda 60-40. That being said, I still believe he will rebound and take this team to the play-offs

illusionone
08-08-2004, 05:29 PM
Maybe you should read the article first:

"Two plays later, Bledsoe dropped a shotgun snap and had to throw incomplete toward the sideline on a throw that was almost intercepted."

Let's see....did it say "Bledsoe tried to bring in a bad snap and tried to make a play"?

No.

Seems to me you are the one being biased here, not me. :rolleyes:

Well i was listening to the scrimmage live and if I remember correctly the commentators were sating it was a bad snap. If you go back through the post you will probably find the other members *****ing about the center and how much he sucks.

The Natrix
08-08-2004, 05:33 PM

:rofl:

illusionone
08-08-2004, 05:34 PM
http://www.buffalobills.com/player/

After reviewing the video, it looks like a bad snap to me.....

saviorbledsoe
08-08-2004, 05:34 PM

It sure does matter who's fault it is when something goes wrong. The only way to fix a problem is to deal with whoever is causing the problem. Saying the offense still sucks isnt going to fix anything. Replacing Teague with Doranbos and Pucilo with Tucker will.

The Spaz
08-08-2004, 05:35 PM
Originally posted by saviorbledsoe
It sure does matter who's fault it is when something goes wrong. The only way to fix a problem is to deal with whoever is causing the problem. Saying the offense still sucks isnt going to fix anything. Replacing Teague with Doranbos and Pucilo with Tucker will.

Please don't mention Dorenbos he's 6'0" 250.

Mr. Cynical
08-08-2004, 05:40 PM
I agree with you here.....it's just frustrating to watch some of these (so called) bills fans, put everything on 1 guy. If they want to blame someone it should be TD, for not upgrading a horrible o-line. As a huge Blesdoe fan, I admit he had one of the worst seasons of his carrer, and unlike TD, I think Drew had more to do with it, kinda 60-40. That being said, I still believe he will rebound and take this team to the play-offs

If you are referring to me as a "so called" Bills fan you don't have a clue.

Dad was born there.
I was born there.
We go to games as often as we can which is hard since we live in 2 different states.
I watch every game that I can on TV.
I live in NYC and have to defend the Bills against Jets fans all the time, not to mention hearing wide right at least 20 times during the season from Giants fans.
I was severely depressed after each SB loss.

Let me ask you this...are you a Bledsoe fan first or a Bills fan first? If it is the latter, you don't sound like it.

I agree with your TD comment. I've said this for awhile now. And for the record, I have never placed all the blame on Drew. There are many culprits. But that doesn't mean he still isn't the answer.

Bottom line is that this sounds exactly like last year and *IMO*, much more was needed in the way of a lineup change in the offense. And I think McNally knows this as well given his comment from a few days ago.

saviorbledsoe
08-08-2004, 05:42 PM
Originally posted by The Spaz
Please don't mention Dorenbos he's 6'0" 250.

At this point i think I can play better than Teague.

HenryRules
08-08-2004, 05:45 PM
Man BS, you certainly can take a quote out of context to try and make yourself correct.

The discussion at hand was that the offense is reminiscent of last season's. Not who was at fault, not how to fix it, just whether or not it was the same.

The similarities in problems is what I was commenting on. Of course if someone is trying to fix a problem you need to know who was actually at fault ... but is it even worth stating something so obvious?

saviorbledsoe
08-08-2004, 05:49 PM
whatever RH just chill. Still need to fix the problems....not just b1tch about them all day.

illusionone
08-08-2004, 05:53 PM
If you are referring to me as a "so called" Bills fan you don't have a clue.

Dad was born there.
I was born there.
We go to games as often as we can which is hard since we live in 2 different states.
I watch every game that I can on TV.
I live in NYC and have to defend the Bills against Jets fans all the time, not to mention hearing wide right at least 20 times during the season from Giants fans.
I was severely depressed after each SB loss.

Let me ask you this...are you a Bledsoe fan first or a Bills fan first? If it is the latter, you don't sound like it.

I agree with your TD comment. I've said this for awhile now. And for the record, I have never placed all the blame on Drew. There are many culprits. But that doesn't mean he still isn't the answer.

Bottom line is that this sounds exactly like last year and *IMO*, much more was needed in the way of a lineup change in the offense. And I think McNally knows this as well given his comment from a few days ago.

I will be completely honest, I am a Bledsoe fan first. Like you have to defend you love for the Bills in NYC, I have to defend my favorite player, here in NE (which is extremly hard to do). That doesn't mean he gets afree ride. I feel every loss just as hard as you do, and it does ruin my entire week when the Bills have a bad game. And last year sucked and like I said it was at least 60% Bledsoe. I am not bias, I try at call it as I see it, and the way I see it, Buffalo Fans should be getting on the GM a hell of a lot more than Bledsoe at this point, this year.

HenryRules
08-08-2004, 06:08 PM
I think that any complaint about Bledsoe in his time here is a complaint towards TD (I don't see how the two can be separated).

TD picked Bledsoe to be his QB and gave up a significant cost (I would have made the deal at the time, but that's one of the reasons I'm not paid to be a GM/president). TD also chose to extend Bledsoe's tenure in Buffalo. So TD has now twice decided to have Bledsoe as his starting QB when he could have made other choices. If Bledsoe does not perform, that most definitely rests on TD's head and no one else's.

illusionone
08-08-2004, 06:13 PM
I think that any complaint about Bledsoe in his time here is a complaint towards TD (I don't see how the two can be separated).

TD picked Bledsoe to be his QB and gave up a significant cost (I would have made the deal at the time, but that's one of the reasons I'm not paid to be a GM/president). TD also chose to extend Bledsoe's tenure in Buffalo. So TD has now made twice decided to have Bledsoe as his starting QB when he could have made other choices. If Bledsoe does not perform, that most definitely rests on TD's head and no one else's.

I know we have debated this a hundred thousdnd times, but if we had the 2003 "D" in 2002, this team would have won the devision and could have been superbowl contenders, I do not feel that bringing him here was a bad idea, I think it was bad timing.....If he was brought in in 2003, Price would have still been here (he never would have had a great year and wouldn't have been in a position to command more money. and this team would have been wicked pissa. I don't know how that helps us now LOL!!! hopefully Evans will take that roll.

SABURZFAN
08-09-2004, 07:11 AM
[i]Guard Mike Pucillo was called for holding

we'll be hearing that quite often if he starts.this is gonna pi$$ me off as much as fred smerlas jumping offsides when he played for us.

justasportsfan
08-09-2004, 08:14 AM
I never expected the team to be awsome in scrimmage where there are no game plans. It's pretty much a gauge to see where the players are at. We know we can run. I'm glad Pucillo sucked now, Suggs ran well against our D.Let's go fix what's broken.

You want your car problems to come out during the summer just so that you can fix it and be ready for the winter.

TedMock
08-09-2004, 09:24 AM
I was reading about the scrimmage, and was getting more and more furious. I kept thinking "great, here we go again!" Then I read one very unique passage. One that we've never seen....."Bledsoe made sure to tell the rest of the offense he wasn’t happy about it. Bledsoe called the offense together on the sidelines after the series to give them a pretty good talking to." I'm not saying that things will automatically get better, but I am saying that WE'VE NEVER SEEN THAT! I've always felt that Bledsoe was better than many said he was and worse than many others said he was. I always felt that he was a solid QB, but that's it. A solid QB. He makes stupid mistakes, he has some physical talents that others don't, goods, bads, blah, blah... My biggest ***** about him was never what he did, it was what he didn't do. It's not sacks, or INT's, etc. It was the lack of leadership. I wanted so badly to see him scream at the line when they blew it, or scream at the WR's when they were dropping the ball. He accepts his own blame, but he never made anybody else accountable. I'm going to keep my fingers crossed and hope that he gives "talking to's" every week. He's always lacked fire. My favorite (and everybody else's) Bills QB was Jim Kelly. Kelly was NEVER the best QB in the league. But he was a leader. He owned up to his mistakes, but he held every man on the team accountable for their's as well. He had bad games but never quit. I hope Drew doesn't lose the fire he showed this week. Good games or bad, keep on everybody to do their job.

saviorbledsoe
08-09-2004, 09:56 AM
Originally posted by TedMock
I was reading about the scrimmage, and was getting more and more furious. I kept thinking "great, here we go again!" Then I read one very unique passage. One that we've never seen....."Bledsoe made sure to tell the rest of the offense he wasn’t happy about it. Bledsoe called the offense together on the sidelines after the series to give them a pretty good talking to." I'm not saying that things will automatically get better, but I am saying that WE'VE NEVER SEEN THAT! I've always felt that Bledsoe was better than many said he was and worse than many others said he was. I always felt that he was a solid QB, but that's it. A solid QB. He makes stupid mistakes, he has some physical talents that others don't, goods, bads, blah, blah... My biggest ***** about him was never what he did, it was what he didn't do. It's not sacks, or INT's, etc. It was the lack of leadership. I wanted so badly to see him scream at the line when they blew it, or scream at the WR's when they were dropping the ball. He accepts his own blame, but he never made anybody else accountable. I'm going to keep my fingers crossed and hope that he gives "talking to's" every week. He's always lacked fire. My favorite (and everybody else's) Bills QB was Jim Kelly. Kelly was NEVER the best QB in the league. But he was a leader. He owned up to his mistakes, but he held every man on the team accountable for their's as well. He had bad games but never quit. I hope Drew doesn't lose the fire he showed this week. Good games or bad, keep on everybody to do their job.

:cheers:

Novacane
08-09-2004, 10:02 AM
I will be completely honest, I am a Bledsoe fan first.

And you have the nerve to call other people "so called Bills fans"

saviorbledsoe
08-09-2004, 10:05 AM
Originally posted by Fairway To Green
And you have the nerve to call other people "so called Bills fans"

for the record that wasnt me :) i am a Bills fan first.

Novacane
08-09-2004, 10:08 AM

:snicker: I know. Me too :up:

Hemlepp53
08-09-2004, 10:11 AM
Things Need To Improve I Agree. But things Could OF GOne Worse Against the Browns. Let Us Wait Until The 3 Week In Season Before I Sideline Anyone Or Call Their Career Over!!!

TedMock
08-09-2004, 10:12 AM
I too am a fan of laundry first, people second.

Novacane
08-09-2004, 10:12 AM
I had friends like that back when Flutie was here. It was all Flutie Flutie Flutie! I have no problem with having favorite players. I do too(moulds) but if Moulds has zero catchs and the Bills win I am a lot more happy than if he has 12 for 150 yards and they lose

CommissarSpartacus
08-09-2004, 10:13 AM
Travis Brown is the best qb on the team.

What did he do on Saturday?

Followed up the botched Drew segment by driving the Bills 65 yds for a td and then gave it to Willis who punched it in three times in a row.

6 - 8, 78 yds, no muss, no fuss, no O line issues, NO SACKS.

But what's the big story? Drew got in the O's face for making him look bad!

Woo hoo! You go Drew!

Novacane
08-09-2004, 10:14 AM
Originally posted by Hemlepp53
Things Need To Improve I Agree. But things Could OF GOne Worse Against the Browns. Let Us Wait Until The 3 Week In Season Before I Sideline Anyone Or Call Their Career Over!!!

:up: I far from the panic mode yet.

Novacane
08-09-2004, 10:15 AM
Originally posted by Spartacus

Ok Wys ;)

TedMock
08-09-2004, 10:22 AM

Followed up the botched Drew segment by driving the Bills 65 yds for a td and then gave it to Willis who punched it in three times in a row.

Woo hoo! You go Drew!

There you have it! How could anybody disagree with the stats?

saviorbledsoe
08-09-2004, 10:25 AM

Woo hoo! You go Drew!

god i hope u r joking.:2guns:

saviorbledsoe
08-09-2004, 10:28 AM
just in case you were not joking.....

its this little thing called "SECOND STRING DEFENSE:

And Drew had 2 pass attempts.

Travis Brown best QB. By far the WORST. Watch him this preseason and tell me any different.

Tatonka
08-09-2004, 10:33 AM

as one that has been compaired to wys plenty.. i cant stand when people make that comparison.. but you do debate JUST like him.. and you kill people with kindness while your pissing them off.. err, debating i mean.

That being said, I still believe he will rebound and take this team to the play-offs

yeah.. and what is his career playoff record? is his pattern of ****ting the bed in big games all the sudden going to change? he has only had 2 games in his entire playoff career that he had more TDs that TURNOVERS... only 2.. in 11 years.. impressive.. but i am sure that it is all the other teams he played on.. lets blame them.. even though he is the only constant.

Replacing Teague with Doranbos and Pucilo with Tucker will.

SB.. doranbos is not even an offensive lineman.. he is technically a Linebacker.. a linebacker who longsnaps.

sorry but no 250 pound linebacker is going to block a defensive tackle better than teague.. as much as it seems like he could at times.

I will be completely honest, I am a Bledsoe fan first.

maybe you would be more comfortable on a bledsoe message board then.. this is a bills fan message board.. not a bledsoe lovers board.

how you can put one player above the success of the team is beyond me.

I know we have debated this a hundred thousdnd times, but if we had the 2003 "D" in 2002, this team would have won the division and could have been superbowl contenders

how so? the offense were horrid the last half of the season... people give bledsoe way too much credit for a "probowl" season in 2002.. he had a GREAT start with 14 tds and 2ints.. in the first 6 games.. then the last ten, the offense was putrid and bledsoe had only 10 tds in 10 games.. and double that in ints/fumbles.

this team, even with defense would have gotten killed in the playoffs in 2002.

Tatonka
08-09-2004, 10:36 AM
Ok Wys ;)

:snicker:
.. no, wys code name is mr. cynical.

:jk:

god i hope u r joking.:2guns:

i dont think anyone could seriously say that after a scrimmage.

just in case you were not joking.....

its this little thing called "SECOND STRING DEFENSE:

And Drew had 2 pass attempts.

Travis Brown best QB. By far the WORST. Watch him this preseason and tell me any different.

the fact that you explained it still is lunacy. :D

saviorbledsoe
08-09-2004, 10:38 AM
Originally posted by Tatonka
the offense were horrid the last half of the season... people give bledsoe way too much credit for a "probowl" season in 2002.. he had a GREAT start with 14 tds and 2ints.. in the first 6 games.. then the last ten, the offense was putrid and bledsoe had only 10 tds in 10 games.. and double that in ints/fumbles.

this team, even with defense would have gotten killed in the playoffs in 2002.

you have got to be wrong on that one. He had 3 ints in the Oakland game alone. Not that I want to help you bash Bledsoe.

TedMock
08-09-2004, 10:39 AM
BTW...I was joking. I just wanted to make that clear.

Tatonka
08-09-2004, 10:40 AM
it has been a while since i have had to argue on 2002.. but take from it my point.. bledsoe was great in the first part of 2002.. then he and the whole offense was horrid the second half of the season.. and the defense played much better the second half of the year.. after being torched the first half.

saviorbledsoe
08-09-2004, 10:43 AM
BTW...I was joking. I just wanted to make that clear.

;) :D :phew:

Novacane
08-09-2004, 11:03 AM
as one that has been compaired to wys plenty.. i cant stand when people make that comparison.. but you do debate JUST like him..

.........but his posts can't come near to the length of Wys' :up:

Tatonka
08-09-2004, 11:57 AM
no denying that!

illusionone
08-09-2004, 12:25 PM

Just because I'm a Bledsoe fan 1st, dosn't take away the fact that some people on this list are horrible Bills Fans. Like any fan that roots for their QB to do bad, cause they don't like him, even thought it means the Bills will do bad.

illusionone
08-09-2004, 12:27 PM
I had friends like that back when Flutie was here. It was all Flutie Flutie Flutie! I have no problem with having favorite players. I do too(moulds) but if Moulds has zero catchs and the Bills win I am a lot more happy than if he has 12 for 150 yards and they lose

When the bills won a game last year on the ground, and Bledsoe had little to no stats, I was extremly happy. I am a Bills fan and like I said, I feel the loss just like you do

Mr. Cynical
08-09-2004, 12:27 PM
.. no, wys code name is mr. cynical.

:jk:

:tongue:

;)

illusionone
08-09-2004, 12:31 PM
it has been a while since i have had to argue on 2002.. but take from it my point.. bledsoe was great in the first part of 2002.. then he and the whole offense was horrid the second half of the season.. and the defense played much better the second half of the year.. after being torched the first half.

I agree, but most teams change their offensive game plan after the half way mark, the Bills didn't even change their plan alittle. I'm sorry, but in IMHO, I feel if the "D" was the same as in '03, that would have taken the pressure off the "O".

Mr. Cynical
08-09-2004, 12:32 PM
Just because I'm a Bledsoe fan 1st, dosn't take away the fact that some people on this list are horrible Bills Fans. Like any fan that roots for their QB to do bad, cause they don't like him, even thought it means the Bills will do bad.

Again I hope you are not referring to me. I do wish that JP would beat out Drew, but not at the expense of the Bills having a bad season. But those two things are not mutually exclusive. They would do just as well (or possibly better) without Drew IMO. And even more important, they would be moving forward into a new and hopefully more fruitful era, rather than being stuck in the current one of mediocrity.

Although it's all a moot point without a better oline. :cynic:

Mr. Cynical
08-09-2004, 12:38 PM

I agree. The only thing to keep in mind is this: Kelly was *always* a fireball. That is/was his nature. Drew has never been this way, thus it is not his nature. IMO, you can't really change your nature to any significant extent at age 32. You pretty much are who you are at that point IMO.

But, I still agree, it's good to see him at least try. I've *never* questioned Drew's character and drive. He has always been very solid on those two counts. Unfortunately that doesn't always overcome a person's limitations. :(

Novacane
08-09-2004, 12:45 PM

IF they are rooting for him to do bad I would agree but I have not seen that here. Just because someone thinks he will do bad does not mean they hope he does

Mr. Cynical
08-09-2004, 12:47 PM
Fairway To Green
Change my title again and I'll kick your ass Mikey

:rofl: :rofl:

illusionone
08-09-2004, 12:48 PM
Again I hope you are not referring to me. I do wish that JP would beat out Drew, but not at the expense of the Bills having a bad season. But those two things are not mutually exclusive. They can win without Drew IMO. And even more important, they would be moving forward into a new and hopefully more fruitful era, rather than being stuck in the current one of mediocrity.

I meant some fans in general. and when Bledsoe is done, I hope he can become some kind of mentor for JP, like he was with Brady...Lets face it, Bledsoe may not have all og the skills, but he knows the game and so far has proven to not only be a team player but a good QB coach/mentor

TedMock
08-09-2004, 02:36 PM
I agree. The only thing to keep in mind is this: Kelly was *always* a fireball. That is/was his nature. Drew has never been this way, thus it is not his nature. IMO, you can't really change your nature to any significant extent at age 32. You pretty much are who you are at that point IMO.

But, I still agree, it's good to see him at least try. I've *never* questioned Drew's character and drive. He has always been very solid on those two counts. Unfortunately that doesn't always overcome a person's limitations. :(

That's my concern as well. He just needs to change it at work. It's not easy, I can testify to that. I'm quiet by nature, but at work I have to speak in front of crowds all the time. I "become" animated, loud, outgoing, etc. Then I go home, crack open a beer, and don't answer the phone or door. Unless Football comes up, of course! Hopefully he is capable of finding that other person and becoming him, while at work. I'm not holding my breath waiting, just hoping.

CommissarSpartacus
08-09-2004, 09:15 PM
Travis Brown outplayed Drew in the scrimmage.

To argue otherwise is foolish.

Travis Brown also has outplayed Drew in the minicamps and the first week of training camp.

Travis Brown outplayed Drew in the only two games he got into last year.

The only thing Drew does better than Travis is throw the deep out, and even that's debateable.

In every other category, Travis is superior.

Plus he's smarter and hungrier.

What about Drew's "experience"?

That only means something if you learned from it.

Many would argue Drew hasn't.

The coaches love Travis Brown and have all the confidence in the world in him.

You'll see.

saviorbledsoe
08-09-2004, 10:02 PM
Travis Brown outplayed Drew in the scrimmage.

To argue otherwise is foolish.

Travis Brown also has outplayed Drew in the minicamps and the first week of training camp.

Travis Brown outplayed Drew in the only two games he got into last year.

The only thing Drew does better than Travis is throw the deep out, and even that's debateable.

In every other category, Travis is superior.

Plus he's smarter and hungrier.

What about Drew's "experience"?

That only means something if you learned from it.

Many would argue Drew hasn't.

The coaches love Travis Brown and have all the confidence in the world in him.

You'll see.

Oh My Lord!

You really do believe this dont you?

Are you Travis Brown's cousin or something?

saviorbledsoe
08-09-2004, 10:03 PM
The coaches love him and believe in him so much that they went out and got JP Losman to replace Drew when he is done. NOT YOUR COUSIN :snicker:

Hemlepp53
08-09-2004, 10:57 PM
The coaches love him and believe in him so much that they went out and got JP Losman to replace Drew when he is done. NOT YOUR COUSIN :snicker:

HeHeHeHe.. SB... you sure know how to make the obivous known.. lol

The Natrix
08-09-2004, 11:25 PM

That is complete nonsense. :shakeno:

On opening day, I will be in the stands as loud as ever, and pulling for Bledsoe and the rest of the bills like I do every fall Sunday. Stop with this bull**** "If you criticize Drew, you are a weak bills fan." I really take it as an insult. I see my self as one of the biggest Bills Fans out there.

The_Philster
08-10-2004, 04:49 AM
Criticizing is one thing, but some people take their dislike of Bledsoe to an obsession.

justasportsfan
08-10-2004, 08:07 AM
Originally posted by The_Philster
Criticizing is one thing, but some people take their dislike of Bledsoe to an obsession. I disliked Rob Johnson from day one and I was not wrong. Although I think Drew has been a bust inspite of the records, I think Mularkey could change Drew's career around by making him a caretaker. Dilfer w/ an arm. Should Drew try to make things happen with his own decisions , bad things happen.

Let me put it this way , Drew will be alright as long as he does what he is told to do and nothing more. I wouldn't be surprised however if he sucks again.

Drew was asked once.... How do your feel about the NE sb ring.
Drew " I'll be happier with the one I win in buffalo" (paraphrased).

Hey Drew. we hired your replacement. Your time is running out. Get it now or get another sb ring playing back-up for another team.

Tatonka
08-10-2004, 09:47 AM
Criticizing is one thing, but some people take their dislike of Bledsoe to an obsession.

who?

what person on this board is so obsessed with hating drew that they wouldnt root for him on opening day?

The Spaz
08-10-2004, 09:50 AM
who?

I dunno maybe people who put Bledose's name outh there when the thread has nothign to do with him?!:idunno: Not saying you do but there are quite a few.

Mr. Cynical
08-10-2004, 10:36 AM
I'd say there are two camps actually...those who hate Drew and those who hate what Drew means to the success of the team.

As I've said, I like Drew, but hate what he means for the Bills. I'll be merciful and won't repeat the Reality of Drew for the 1,423,464th time, but you know what I mean. :D

CommissarSpartacus
08-10-2004, 10:58 AM
This is Drew's last chance.

The coaches love Travis Brown and I don't think they'll hesitate to put him in if Drew struggles.

THATHURMANATOR
08-10-2004, 11:54 AM
This is Drew's last chance.

The coaches love Travis Brown and I don't think they'll hesitate to put him in if Drew struggles.

I agree with this being his last chance. I hope he turns it around some how. I am not that impressed with Brown though.

The_Philster
08-10-2004, 03:22 PM
who?

what person on this board is so obsessed with hating drew that they wouldnt root for him on opening day?

I'm not going to name any names but there are a few posters who make Wys look like a Bledsoe worshipper. I will say you're not one of them, though ;)

justasportsfan
08-10-2004, 03:42 PM
I will say you're not one of them, though ;) :snicker:

Tatonka
08-10-2004, 05:01 PM
Originally posted by justasportsfan

:tongue:

Mr. Cynical
08-10-2004, 08:00 PM
:)