PDA

View Full Version : Donahoe takes a sack with Williams pick

The_Philster
08-08-2004, 08:35 AM
By LARRY FELSER
Not long before the 2002 draft, in the Buffalo Bills' annual analysis of the top college prospects, Tom Donahoe assessed the crop of offensive tackles.
Since the Bills, wishing to preserve the health of their quarterbacks and possessing the fourth pick in the entire draw, obviously were likely to select either of the two most desirable - Bryant McKinnie of Miami and Mike Williams of Texas - the emphasis was on them.

Donahoe was publicly dubious about "Mount" McKinnie. On draft day he picked Williams. Character was among the main considerations. ...more (http://www.buffalonews.com/editorial/20040808/1023308.asp)

SABURZFAN
08-08-2004, 08:48 AM
i have to agree with felser.i'm still not too high on losman either.i sure as hell hope that i'm wrong.:mad:

Hemlepp53
08-08-2004, 09:02 AM
Losman has an opertunity with the Bills that I feel is deserved and hopefully he will fill the shoes that we have bought for him as a QB for the Future.... As far as MW goes... the boy better tighten up

ryjam282
08-08-2004, 09:03 AM
I still have faith. I just hope these guys can all start to contribute. But, no one talk of the cap hell he got us out of in a short period of time and of all the FA's he signed to relatively cap friendly deals too.

juice
08-08-2004, 09:11 AM
Williams, Pucillo, and Teague are gonna get Bledsoe killed.. If this line doesn't perform we could be looking at another 6-10 type season.

Billsouth
08-08-2004, 09:30 AM
larry failed to mention how mckinney held out almost the entire 1st year.

Tatonka
08-08-2004, 10:02 AM
Originally posted by Billsouth
larry failed to mention how mckinney held out almost the entire 1st year.

he held out most of his first year.. and is STILL getting paid alot less that mike williams fat ass.. and at least when he showed up.. he played well.. mike williams cant even crack the starting lineup right now.. let alone be our starting left tackle that he is being paid to be..

felser points out some TD flaws that are real tough to argue.

Novacane
08-08-2004, 10:24 AM
Felser makes some decent points but this statement Then there was his second draft with Williams, Josh Reed, Ryan Denney and Coy Wire. Zero impact from all four

is just not true! Felser has lost his marbles IMO

Dozerdog
08-08-2004, 10:57 AM
Well, Mr Felser- who has made an impact on this team? Spikes? Fletcher? Adams? Milloy? Schobel? Henry? Where did they come from?

The_Philster
08-08-2004, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by Fairway To Green
Felser makes some decent points but this statement Then there was his second draft with Williams, Josh Reed, Ryan Denney and Coy Wire. Zero impact from all four

is just not true! Felser has lost his marbles IMO

I know...WTF team has he been watching? :huh:

cordog
08-08-2004, 11:20 AM
Isnt Felser the one always saying it takes three years to evaluate a draft? Last i checked Williams, Reed, etc are going into their 3rd year.

Mr. Cynical
08-08-2004, 01:06 PM
"Williams? He has Donahoe playing defense again, which the Buffalo president and general manager has been doing for most of the last two years"

I agree with him. This is TD's year to put up or shut up. 17-31 over 3 years does not leave him any more wiggle room. His screw ups outweigh his successes at this point and at the end of the day it is about winning, not trying...or as Larry said, "It's the portrait of a man who often outthinks himself."

HenryRules
08-08-2004, 01:28 PM
Originally posted by ryjam282
I still have faith. I just hope these guys can all start to contribute. But, no one talk of the cap hell he got us out of in a short period of time and of all the FA's he signed to relatively cap friendly deals too.

This is such a BS comment.

What 6-10 team had cap problems last year?
If you're not winning games, I should hope that you aren't in cap trouble.

The Ravens were in serious cap trouble just two seasons ago and won their division last year. That's called recovering from cap hell ... anyone can get you under the cap - getting there while winning is the accomplishment.