PDA

View Full Version : McGahee offers solid proof he's recovered and potent

The_Philster
08-08-2004, 08:36 AM
Saturday, we got our first real glimpse at why the Bills rolled the dice and drafted McGahee in the first round of the 2003 draft
As Willis McGahee walked off the field, he was met by cheering teammates and a standing ovation from the approving crowd.
Sitting on the bench, the 22-year-old running back displayed the satisfied look of a man whose long, hard journey back to the football field had finally been achieved.

When McGahee is asked about his surgically repaired left knee, which is almost every day, he says it feels good. He assured us it was strong....more (http://www.buffalonews.com/editorial/20040808/3043991.asp)

ryjam282
08-08-2004, 09:11 AM
:up:

Mr. Cynical
08-08-2004, 01:55 PM
The one positive thing to cling to so far. :D

The Spaz
08-08-2004, 01:56 PM
Originally posted by Mr. Cynical

Also Evans.:up:

Mr. Cynical
08-08-2004, 02:21 PM
Originally posted by The Spaz
Also Evans.:up:

True...forgot about that. :D

Goobylal
08-08-2004, 02:42 PM
One article (SI?) said that Browns coaches noticed he was still suffering from a limp. From all accounts, he hasn't limped in months. I wonder if it was that "hitch" he has when he's slowing down, or if the Browns coaches are just blind.

finfan18
08-08-2004, 05:29 PM
From what I heard all but 1 of his TD's came from the goal line. Thats not proof at all.

The Spaz
08-08-2004, 05:32 PM
Originally posted by finfan18
From what I heard all but 1 of his TD's came from the goal line. Thats not proof at all.

It's probably the stiff arm and him lowering the shoulder knocking a player on his ass that leads me to believe he is back.

TigerJ
08-08-2004, 05:39 PM
I've always been hopeful that he would make a full recovery and become at least an excellent running back, if not an elite gamebreaker. I'm still optimistic that this is going to happen, but I suspect some durability questions will remain for a while. Exactly when those fade away is be anyone's guess.

The Spaz
08-08-2004, 05:40 PM

I'm sure you guys would love to have him about now.:rofl::snicker:

HenryRules
08-08-2004, 05:49 PM

One of McGahee's strengths in college was his ability to get tough yards - his speed is well known, but it's his combination of speed and power that made him successful.

I'd saying getting (I think) 3 goalline TD's is a positive indication about his power. That said, the fact that it was a scrimmage still means there's plenty of evidence lacking.

Hemlepp53
08-08-2004, 11:41 PM
It's probably the stiff arm and him lowering the shoulder knocking a player on his ass that leads me to believe he is back.

Very True Very Promising...

I'm sure you guys would love to have him about now.:rofl::snicker:

LoL... Nice...

Jan Reimers
08-09-2004, 06:29 AM
Originally posted by Mr. Cynical

In addition to McGahee and Evans, how about Henry (3 carries for 23 yards, when he had tweaked his knee the previous day), the D - which forced some TOs and kept the Browns out of the endzone for most of the day - and the performance of Losman?

Our O line played poorly, but we're only a week into camp.

Why all the damn gloom and doom, when we're so early in the preseason?

Tatonka
08-09-2004, 10:04 AM
Originally posted by TigerJ
I suspect some durability questions will remain for a while. Exactly when those fade away is be anyone's guess.

see fred taylor.. until he is healthy for a couple of years.. it will still be there in the back of your mind.

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
Why all the damn gloom and doom, when we're so early in the preseason?

come on.. his name is mr. cynical. :snicker:

Jan Reimers
08-09-2004, 10:49 AM
Originally posted by Tatonka
come on.. his name is mr. cynical. :snicker:

Cynical is one thing, but his name should be Mr. AbjectPessimistI'mGivingUpTheSkyIsFallingWoeIsMeWe'reDoomedAlreadyAndWeHaven'tEvenPlayedAPreseasonGameYet.

LabattBlue
08-09-2004, 02:46 PM
I'll believe Willis is back when I see him in open field, a DB is chasing him and Willis pulls away!