PDA

View Full Version : Foxsports Team Ranking

justasportsfan
08-09-2004, 10:35 AM
http://msn.foxsports.com/story/2646222

27. Buffalo Bills
The Bills have some talent, but they face an adjustment period on offense with a new head coach.

We suck! :rolleyes:

northernbillfan
08-09-2004, 10:38 AM
I'd rather have the prognosticators putting the team lower. The one preseaon report I saw had the Bills winning the SB for crying out loud.

If they are ranked lower, than it's all good when they win it all.

jbisset
08-09-2004, 11:29 AM
Its all up to the o line. However that said. 29 does seem low. Also would not make me happy to see that we gave Dallas such a great draft pick.

OpIv37
08-09-2004, 11:32 AM
To me, these grave differences have to discredit either this guy or the guy who predicted the SB. Clearly people will have differences of opinions, but if one person puts us at 27 and another has us as best in the league, one of them has no friggin idea what they're talking about.

Either way, 27 is very low- I see us as having a legit shot at a wild card.

BAM
08-09-2004, 11:40 AM
His top two are 1. Denver Broncos, 2. Seattle Seahawks, and #4 is Minnesota Vikings?

:eek:

It amazes me how people can rank the NFL after a one week of camp and a scrimmage :idunno:

McBFLO
08-09-2004, 12:22 PM
Originally posted by OpIv37
To me, these grave differences have to discredit either this guy or the guy who predicted the SB. Clearly people will have differences of opinions, but if one person puts us at 27 and another has us as best in the league, one of them has no friggin idea what they're talking about.

IMO< its the guy who ranked us at 27. We're not the best in the league either. I'd actually say as of right now, somewhere towards the middle...14-16, somewhere in there.
Either way, 27 is very low- I see us as having a legit shot at a wild card.

McBFLO
08-09-2004, 12:23 PM
whhops, didnt mean to put my response within that quote

don137
08-09-2004, 12:45 PM
It also shows the fins at 15th. with injuries, retirements and contract issues I much rather be Buffalo with its players/coaching staff over Miami and its players/coaching staff.

That Guy
08-09-2004, 01:43 PM
Texans? Raiders? Bears? Lions? Dolphins?

It's a good thing for them that they don't use NFL Power Ranking to prove someone's sanity.

jbisset
08-09-2004, 02:28 PM
I like my ranking better...LOL

First pass at 2004 rankings

1 Patriots - Wish this team was in the NFC...many high picks and now they have Corey Dillon. Thiswill be a great team for the next 6 years unless they get a major injury to the QB.
2 Eagles - Very good team. I am still not sold on Donovan actuacy. T.O will be great here. Eagles have a great defense coach; however, they have lost alot of top defense plays over the last 3 years. Need to see how Jevon Kearse and secondary plays.
3 Colts - How good is their defense?.
4 Broncos _ good defense addition made. Who will replace Clinton Portis? Denver usually can find another RB.
5 Seahawks - A solid team both on ofense and defense that added a coupe solid defense players.
6 Chiefs - No D...No superbowl...Does not look for Hall to have as many TDs.
7 Ravens - Great D...No passing game.
8 Panthers - Is this team as good as they were last year?
9 Falcons - Has the most exciting QB in the NFL when he is health. QB is one of the top 3 in the NFL.
10 Titans - Team will go as far as their QB takes them.
11 Packers - Now a running team with a great passing game.
12 Saints - Great RB...year depends on how good the passing game is. May be to high ranked.
13 Bills - Year will go the way the O-line plays
14 Bengals - Not sure of their draft...however, a coach I like that seems to have team going in the right direction.
15 Vikings - As good as their defense. May be ranked too low....
16 Redskins - Team now has a proven coach
17 Raiders - Defense will be a little better this year.
18 Jet - will be as good as Chad Pennington health. If QB is lose for season expect this team to drop to bottom 10. RB getting old?
19 Rams - Too many defense players lose in off season. I am still not sold on QB.
20 Buccaneers - Due for a down year because they lose so many big names....expect them to be in playoff hunt next year again.
21 Jaguars - Team on the way up....
20 Cowboys - QB is now an issue
23 Dolphins - QB and RB issues...No Offense....
24 Bears - Team in transion...Trying to find a new QB
25 Lions - Team on its way up....Need a few more skilled defensive player...going in the right direction.
26 Steelers - Team on its way down. Does not have the talent it had in the late 90s. Did get its future QB in the draft.
27 Texans - Team will have a good offensive with David Carr, Andre Johnson and Domanick Davis. Team is get better but needs more players.
28 Browns - Team may be ranked too low...Will have a great TE when he is signed.
29 Giants - Teamvets are getting old without a good vet QB. Yes, they have a QB for the future.
30 Cardinals - Just an bad organization....Too many skilled WRs and nothing else
31 49ers - Only team that can give the chargers a run for their money for the first pick in next year's draft.
32 Chargers - Bills of the early 80s... They will again win next year first pick of the draft. Best bet...clean up front office and hope Gaints loses
alot of games this season.

LabattBlue
08-09-2004, 02:35 PM
Originally posted by don137
It also shows the fins at 15th. with injuries, retirements and contract issues I much rather be Buffalo with its players/coaching staff over Miami and its players/coaching staff.

Considering Miami has lost Ricky Williams and David Boston in a matter of days, I am amazed that they would be ranked 15th.