PDA

View Full Version : Anyone get there copy of madden 05' yet?

bills_7
08-10-2004, 07:49 AM
I am going to get mine today hopefully....
I live in Canada so who knows when it will get here

ryjam282
08-10-2004, 07:56 AM
I got mine last night...HOLY COW, it is just a great game. The gameplay on it is unbelievable. The Hit Stick is just GREAT

Tatonka
08-10-2004, 09:50 AM
i heard it sucked.

:snicker:

GOBILLSGO!!!
08-10-2004, 10:26 AM
rumor has it that its 2004 with a roster update and a hitstick...I don't think that is enough to sway me from ESPN

Hemlepp53
08-10-2004, 10:28 AM
MADDEN 2005 is like no other out this year. The game play is insane. The cuts you can make with your receivers and backs are insane. I played ESPN and I own Madden... Madden takes the cake in game play and over all game ability. I can't wait to get off work and play more tonight. I waited in a line for an hour to get it. ALmost saw 3 fights and I almost got into one myself because these thug punks wanted to skip the nerdy white guys in front of me so i spoke up and told them if they are going to skip jump in line behind me.. anyhow.. the games great... GO BUY IT.. MADDEN FOR PRESIDENT... Creating a Fan is Cool Too...

THATHURMANATOR
08-10-2004, 11:56 AM
Yes Madden is in stores today. I know 2 people who already got it!!

EM Bills Fan 80
08-10-2004, 12:01 PM
Its crazy, i love it. The hit stick is unbelievable. The player movement is much crisper than last year, and the players look more life like. It's definately a great game

The Spaz
08-10-2004, 12:03 PM
Originally posted by EM Bills Fan 80
Its crazy, i love it. The hit stick is unbelievable. The player movement is much crisper than last year, and the players look more life like. It's definately a great game

How is the Bills offensive playbook?

Tatonka
08-10-2004, 12:07 PM
Originally posted by GOBILLSGO!!!
rumor has it that its 2004 with a roster update and a hitstick...I don't think that is enough to sway me from ESPN

i heard the exact same thing.. they said it is basically the same exact game with the hit stick.. a couple of updates in the menu presentation, and the roster updates..

i will buy it.. but i am not expecting much different.

The Spaz
08-10-2004, 12:12 PM
Originally posted by Tatonka
i heard the exact same thing.. they said it is basically the same exact game with the hit stick.. a couple of updates in the menu presentation, and the roster updates..

i will buy it.. but i am not expecting much different.

There's a lto more features than that go yo www.madden2005.com to check them out.

Tatonka
08-10-2004, 12:19 PM
i am sure their is.. but i am telling you what a casual fan that played the game said.. i will take his word over that of a website dedicated to worshiping the game.

i am not a hard core football player.. i play for fun against my friends.. i dont even waste time with all that franchise crap and all the bells and whistles.. i want to know.. can i plug it in and have fun playing it.. if it is over complicated or difficult to learn all the crap that goes along wiht it.. then i wont like it.

The Spaz
08-10-2004, 12:23 PM
i am sure their is.. but i am telling you what a casual fan that played the game said.. i will take his word over that of a website dedicated to worshiping the game.

i am not a hard core football player.. i play for fun against my friends.. i dont even waste time with all that franchise crap and all the bells and whistles.. i want to know.. can i plug it in and have fun playing it.. if it is over complicated or difficult to learn all the crap that goes along wiht it.. then i wont like it.

It's lso a lot more realistic none of that running around with your QB falling backwards and still get off a 40 yard pass.

mypoorfriendme
08-10-2004, 12:31 PM
my question is the new hit stick any different at all than ncaa 2005's big hit button?? seems identicle except the button you press.

and the biggest feature im looking forward to is the storyline and everything theyre adding to the franchise.

THATHURMANATOR
08-10-2004, 12:55 PM
I love playing Franchise mode!

It is fun drafting players and molding them.

THATHURMANATOR
08-10-2004, 12:56 PM
Just got my copy of Madden BTW!!!

GOBILLSGO!!!
08-10-2004, 01:09 PM

I 2nd that...I'm primarily an online user who doens't care much for solo play (aka franchise mode) not that im looking to jump ship...just that it would be odd for me NOT to have madden on my shelf...I let tatonka get it and see what his opinion is...

ryjam282
08-10-2004, 01:20 PM
i heard it sucked.

:snicker:

Go check your IGN website and see what they had to say about it.....It got higher ratings the ESPN. I have to agree. The gameplay is just a lot smoother. Playing it on All-Madden is just unreal. The D is so dang good.

bills_7
08-10-2004, 01:31 PM
so I got my copy this morning, overall im happy with it... I still think they can make it so much better.... the presentation is better but they still could make huge improvments.... Im finding it hard to move the ball on Off but im sure after some more practice ill get it down...... If u have PS2 get the collector edt. for sure its got alot of cool stuff, like madden moments... I think the bills have 3 or 4 game situations outta 21 so that is also cool..... the giants game.... jags game... titans... and the houston game....
also a demo for NFL streets,,,,,

Im finding the radio talk show starting to get on my nerves cause it will play while ur doing ur rosters or whatever in francisemode(u can turn it off if u want).... the hit stick is sweet too.... there r some sick hits...

cost me $92 Can.... not to impressed with that

THATHURMANATOR
08-10-2004, 01:42 PM
mine cost 50 bucks American!

TypicalBill
08-10-2004, 02:06 PM
Originally posted by THATHURMANATOR
I love playing Franchise mode!

It is fun drafting players and molding them.

yep!

The Spaz
08-10-2004, 02:07 PM
Anybody who has it how is the Buffalo Bills new playbook?

Mr. Cynical
08-10-2004, 08:02 PM
:)

BillsFever
08-11-2004, 05:52 PM
Originally posted by The Spaz
Anybody who has it how is the Buffalo Bills new playbook?

The playbook is pretty good. The I, Strong and Weak formations are almost identical to the playbook last year.

This year it has Strong 3 WR and a 3 Wide Bunch package. The only downfall I have is there is no 4 WR 1 RB sets.

The Natrix
08-11-2004, 06:00 PM
So what's the deal. Is it available to everyone even without the preorder? I though it was the 12th. ANyway, if it is available to all right now let me know, I'll go pick it up now.

THATHURMANATOR
08-11-2004, 06:12 PM
Originally posted by The Natrix
So what's the deal. Is it available to everyone even without the preorder? I though it was the 12th. ANyway, if it is available to all right now let me know, I'll go pick it up now.

I just walked into EB games and they had HUNDREDS of copies.

THATHURMANATOR
08-11-2004, 06:12 PM
Originally posted by BillsFever
The playbook is pretty good. The I, Strong and Weak formations are almost identical to the playbook last year.

This year it has Strong 3 WR and a 3 Wide Bunch package. The only downfall I have is there is no 4 WR 1 RB sets.

Does it really matter? Just use a coach's playbook you like.

The Natrix
08-11-2004, 06:13 PM
I just walked into EB games and they had HUNDREDS of copies.

I'm going now. If they don't have it, I'm sending you threatening pm's. :mad:

BillsFever
08-11-2004, 06:14 PM
Does it really matter? Just use a coach's playbook you like.

No it doesn't matter. I like this playbook.

BillsFever
08-11-2004, 06:15 PM
I went 5-0 and averaged 27.5 ppg last night fresh out of the package. I'll take that as a good starting point.

tampabay25690
08-11-2004, 06:20 PM
You guys suck Madden doesn't come out here until tomorrow. And Madden is the better football game over espn!!!!!!!

Make sure you buy college football the game is great....

THATHURMANATOR
08-11-2004, 06:31 PM
Originally posted by tampabay25690
You guys suck Madden doesn't come out here until tomorrow. And Madden is the better football game over espn!!!!!!!

Make sure you buy college football the game is great....

Well I bought it at EB games on the 10th so I am not sure what you are saying.

THATHURMANATOR
08-11-2004, 06:32 PM
I'm going now. If they don't have it, I'm sending you threatening pm's. :mad:

EB games on the corner of Wherle and Transit.

BillsRockSOMUCH
08-11-2004, 06:40 PM
I normally buy the game for PC and as you probably know you have to wait another month for it to come out on PC, but the problem is my PC is tooo crappy and it won't meet the system riqueriments (sp). I don't have any game consoles because I normally just play video games with my PC. I'm wondering what I can do so I can play the game (and other sports ones that will come out like NHL 2005) that will cost the least money. By the way I played Madden 2005 at a friend's house, it's awesome!!!

BillsFever
08-11-2004, 06:56 PM
Originally posted by BillsRockSOMUCH
I normally buy the game for PC and as you probably know you have to wait another month for it to come out on PC, but the problem is my PC is tooo crappy and it won't meet the system riqueriments (sp). I don't have any game consoles because I normally just play video games with my PC. I'm wondering what I can do so I can play the game (and other sports ones that will come out like NHL 2005) that will cost the least money. By the way I played Madden 2005 at a friend's house, it's awesome!!!

Buy a used PS2 off someone for about 50 bucks.

The Spaz
08-11-2004, 07:07 PM

Thanks man!:beers: Also how is Lee Evans, does he get open quite a bit?

McBFLO
08-11-2004, 07:22 PM
what are mcgahee, losman, and evans rated, and any other players you feel like talking about

Hemlepp53
08-11-2004, 07:32 PM
The Game IS Kick Azz..... Buy It .. Evans Is An Upgrade From Last Years Reed In That Slot. The Running game Is Sick.. And The D Play Is Amazing. The Hit Stick Rocks... Anyhow... Far Better Than ESPN, MADDEN 2004... PS2 At EB Games Is About $99.00 With a Warrenty thingy for a year i think... Defenitly worth the Buy..

BillsFever
08-11-2004, 07:33 PM
Thanks man!:beers: Also how is Lee Evans, does he get open quite a bit?

I've had some decent succes with Evans but make sure he has 1 on 1 coverage or he most likely won't come down with it.

Originally posted by pepperkorn
what are mcgahee, losman, and evans rated, and any other players you feel like talking about

Evans is a 79, Losman is a 75, and McGahee is rated at around 80.

The Natrix
08-11-2004, 07:39 PM
It definitely rocks. :up: There's a more drastic improvement over 2004 than there is for 2004 over 2003. The tackling animations look so much better and feel more realistic. And you feel like you have more control with a DB now. Those are just a couple things I noticed after one game.

JefftheBillsfan
08-11-2004, 07:41 PM
damn pc. seriously.

The Natrix
08-11-2004, 07:43 PM
Originally posted by JefftheBillsfan
damn pc. seriously.

:chuckle:

DraftBoy
08-11-2004, 10:48 PM
I own both ESPN and Madden and Madden is simply amazing, thats all I need to say is that Madden is simply amazing and blows ESPN off the shelves.

tampabay25690
08-11-2004, 11:46 PM
Well I bought it at EB games on the 10th so I am not sure what you are saying.

Well its hard to get to Wehrle and Transit when I live in Florida

Bill Brasky
08-12-2004, 01:31 AM
I bought the game earlier today and have been playing it up until 10 mins ago. This game is insane... when I put it into my PS2 I spent the first hour just checking out stuff before I even got into playing a game. Totally nuts. I'm using B-lo obviously and all of my wins have been 30-40 point blowouts and our defense is absolutely sick... I'm first in the league in every defensive stat and my D just clobbered the Jets 56-7. I sacked Pennington 6 times, Posey had a 67 yard INT return and the D forced 5 fumbles.

Does anybody know what that box icon is on your PDA in the franchsie mode? It's where it gives your team's rankings for Offense, Defense, something else, then there is that box right next them, I can't figure out what it means but when I started the franchise Buffalo was ranked first in the NFL for that.

BillsFever
08-12-2004, 02:25 AM
I bought ESPN this year and think it's a pretty good game. You definitely can't go wrong with the price. If you're just a casual football gaming fan then that is the game for you seeing that it's only $20 and you would also enjoy the game.

Although ESPN is a good game it still doesn't beat Madden. Madden is still the top dog this year.

Does it seem weird to anyone else that ESPN advertises and has Madden 2005 plastered all over their website? Just thought that seemed odd since ESPN 2K5 is their competition.

GOBILLSGO!!!
08-12-2004, 08:55 AM

Does it seem weird to anyone else that ESPN advertises and has Madden 2005 plastered all over their website? Just thought that seemed odd since ESPN 2K5 is their competition.

For the same reason that you would wear my name plastered all over you (removeable of course) if I payed you a large chunk of cash ;)

Stewie
08-12-2004, 12:20 PM
Madden rocks, and I'll take any one of you out any time. And I'll even let you choose my team.

bills_7
08-12-2004, 01:47 PM
Originally posted by jfreeman
I bought the game earlier today and have been playing it up until 10 mins ago. This game is insane... when I put it into my PS2 I spent the first hour just checking out stuff before I even got into playing a game. Totally nuts. I'm using B-lo obviously and all of my wins have been 30-40 point blowouts and our defense is absolutely sick... I'm first in the league in every defensive stat and my D just clobbered the Jets 56-7. I sacked Pennington 6 times, Posey had a 67 yard INT return and the D forced 5 fumbles.

Does anybody know what that box icon is on your PDA in the franchsie mode? It's where it gives your team's rankings for Offense, Defense, something else, then there is that box right next them, I can't figure out what it means but when I started the franchise Buffalo was ranked first in the NFL for that.

r u playing all-madden?

Bill Brasky
08-12-2004, 04:08 PM
Yes. If I had it on Rookie I'd probably score 100 pts a game. The last few games have been close against Miami and Baltimore... I haven't had much success running, but I've still won 38-3 and 27-10.

THATHURMANATOR
08-12-2004, 04:10 PM
I bought ESPN this year and think it's a pretty good game. You definitely can't go wrong with the price. If you're just a casual football gaming fan then that is the game for you seeing that it's only $20 and you would also enjoy the game.

Although ESPN is a good game it still doesn't beat Madden. Madden is still the top dog this year.

Enough with this ESPN game already!

Bill Brasky
08-12-2004, 04:12 PM
anybody figure out the answer to that question I asked? I still have no clue what that icon means.

The Spaz
08-12-2004, 04:13 PM
anybody figure out the answer to that question I asked? I still have no clue what that icon means.

Did you read the manual?

THATHURMANATOR
08-12-2004, 04:15 PM
Freeman I don't know what they are. I was wondering that also.

Bill Brasky
08-12-2004, 04:16 PM
Did you read the manual?

Yeah, It's not in there. I looked through it twice.

The Natrix
08-12-2004, 07:23 PM
Yes. If I had it on Rookie I'd probably score 100 pts a game. The last few games have been close against Miami and Baltimore... I haven't had much success running, but I've still won 38-3 and 27-10.

Are you the best player in the world?

Damn, I can't even come close to winning a game in All Madden. I was losing 44-0 to the cards in the third. It showed a couple fans deciding to leave so I turned it off.

I think I might have won in all madden maybe one or two times in 2004.

Any tips?

Bill Brasky
08-12-2004, 08:37 PM
The only video games I play are football one's, and I used to play back in the day so I know what works and what doesn't football wise. Basically it boils down to strategy, just like in real life, you have to outsmart your opponents.

With the Bills (I'm assuming you're using them) the key is running alot of slant passes or curl patterns and getting rid of the ball quick. If you keep doing this the D will adjust and that opens up your option to go deep once in a while. So far through 8 games I've been doing this and with Drew I've only been sacked 3 times, thrown 19 TD's, and only 3 INT's so if you pick the right plays it will definitely work. Don't get shotgun happy our else you will get sacked ALOT. On the last few Madden's it's been ridiculously easy to sit in Shotgun - 5wide and just hit out patterns... this year you have to hit the routes over the middle and sacrifice your RAC stats in order to move the ball.

On this year's Madden I have had some problems running (I normally am averaging about 2 yards a carry but at least once a game I'm able to break a long run that can get my avg up to around 4), but I've found the best thing to do is try and find a play that works a few times, then just stick with that formation that it's ran out of. I never use the spin button cuz I've found it tends to cause your back to fumble alot... I use the sprint and juke buttons and occasionally the stiff arm and that's about it. I normally try to run in between the guard-tackle, but it's really hard on 2005 so I've been playing around with running pitches and off-tackle and they seem to work a little bit better, but you have to know when to hit your sprint button cuz if you just use it the whole time Travis won't cut well and he get's taken down for losses all the time. I normally wait for Shelton to take out at least one LB before I turn the corner and hit the speed burst.

Basically you have to know how to read a defense and adjust your WR's/TE's/FB into a position where they will be able to pick up the LB's (those are the guys that whill give your RB's alot of problems trying to break a big gain). On 2005 with the All-Madden you have to be audibling ALL THE TIME or else you will never be able to run the ball at all.

On defense I usually run a dime or nickel and rush at least 1 or 2 LB's while controlling one of the DLinemen... doing this protects pretty well against the pass and literally shuts down the running attack. Teams will rack up big yardage against you passing wise, but they won't be able to run on you and your DB's will knock down alot of passes. So far I've given up 179 yrds rushing through 8 games - TOTAL... this is the best strategy I've found to having a good defense.

When they get to the red zone try running formations out of the Dime like a Cover 2. This spreads out your secondary and protects against the run pretty well... when teams get into the red zone against me I normally will rush the OLB's to protect against pitch plays, but with all the audibling options on 2005 you can do alot more and really keep teams out of the end zone.

Hope it helps.

The Natrix
08-12-2004, 08:45 PM
I hear you about running the ball. It's hard to even get three yards. I'm not sure how I feel about that. :dizzy:

I'll take your advice on waiting to use the sprint on run plays. I normally just hold it down right from the beginning of the play.

Stewie
08-12-2004, 09:08 PM

Any tips?

Practice.

DraftBoy
08-12-2004, 09:17 PM
Ive had some good luck audibling to runnign plays when I see the D in a Bear form D or when they stack the box and I think they are blitzing Ive broken some big ones with Julius Jones (91 speed) I like to use alot of HB Dives and make sure im going behind my better guard or look for a mismatch. I only play All-Pro bc Im not that good. I like to go deep too much :)

Michael82
08-12-2004, 09:44 PM
Anyone know when the PC version of Madden comes out? Usually it's around the same time as the other versions, but not this time. :mad:

The Spaz
08-13-2004, 12:05 AM
Originally posted by Mikey82
Anyone know when the PC version of Madden comes out? Usually it's around the same time as the other versions, but not this time. :mad:

September 8th.

Michael82
08-13-2004, 12:32 AM
September 8th.

:mad:

bills_7
08-13-2004, 01:48 AM

thats wierd cause i find it way easier to run the ball in 05' then in 04'... its the passing thats hard
How did u pick up the gameplay so fast? it doesnt make sence how u can blow out the CPU on all madden the first day u get the game...... i had 04' mastered and i have also been playing football games through the yrs.... i have been playing 05' alot over the last few days and still can not blow out the CPU maybe in a month or two but not as quick as ur saying.... When ur playing all madden its almost like they make the game close.... when u have the lead it seems like they will make u fumble of they will make big offensive plays to come back

do u have an online pack?

bills_7
08-13-2004, 01:56 AM

On defense I usually run a dime or nickel and rush at least 1 or 2 LB's while controlling one of the DLinemen... doing this protects pretty well against the pass and literally shuts down the running attack. Teams will rack up big yardage against you passing wise, but they won't be able to run on you and your DB's will knock down alot of passes. So far I've given up 179 yrds rushing through 8 games - TOTAL... this is the best strategy I've found to having a good defense.

When they get to the red zone try running formations out of the Dime like a Cover 2. This spreads out your secondary and protects against the run pretty well... when teams get into the red zone against me I normally will rush the OLB's to protect against pitch plays, but with all the audibling options on 2005 you can do alot more and really keep teams out of the end zone.

Hope it helps.

If ur running a dime to stop the run on the computer they would run 179 yrds on u in one game never mind 8.... r u sure ur playing all-madden... and when ur using a cover two it is high risk in 05' if u dont get pressure on the QB they find the wholes..... unlike in 04' where u can usually come up with alot of picks....

do u play 5 min qtrs?.... and how many plays on avg do u think the CPU runs on u per game?

don137
08-13-2004, 07:57 AM
There was an article in the Charlotte Observer how the Panthers have had there Madden 2005 for weeks and they each received a free copy of the game...Many of them love the game and play at every opportunity..

elltrain22
08-13-2004, 10:55 AM
got it on Tuesday, and I love it... 5 out of 5 stars from me.