PDA

View Full Version : This is the turning point

northernbillfan
11-02-2002, 04:41 AM
For the Buffalo Bills, the upcoming game against the New England Patriots, is a turning point in their history. Let's put the Bledsoe/Brady story behind us for a second, and focus on what's at hand for Buffalo.

Will we overcome all those ugly losses of the past? Or are we getting ready to go on a great ride, that we as Buffalo Bills fans, so rightly deserve? Is this the feeling St Louis Rams fans felt, their first run at glory? If so, I'm hanging on and getting ready for the ride.

The 2002 season could belong to us, it has happened in the past, St Louis, and fittingly enough, New England. Brett Favre said today on ESPN radio, he would take Bledsoe to win a 'must win' game. Sunday's game if a defintie must win.

Bledsoe deserves this run too. He has stepped into our organization, a gave the team the leadership, they so desperately needed. This brings back some great memories, of the days the Bills offense was revered.

We have a week off after this, so expect 100% from each, and every Bill. Heck, Williams, and Winfield want to play, but I think we are okay without them. Let them rest for another couple of weeks, and save them for Kansas City.

Bottom line, This it baby! Do or die! We can rebound if we lose, but look at what we gain if we win!

shelby
11-02-2002, 07:46 AM
If we win, and the fish get squished...can you say "first place in the AFC East"??????

:gobills:

wharfrat
11-02-2002, 08:07 AM
You guys obviously have a good shot at taking first... at least for the time being. The Pats are slumping badly, and your Bills are fired up. Meanwhile the Pack is hot, and Lucas is stone cold... I'd be lying if I said I wasn't worried about Mon night's game... :scared:

Of course, you know I'll be cheering for the Pats, and praying the Phins pull an upset at Lambeau... :pray:

Ð
11-02-2002, 08:15 AM
It's always nice to dream. Now click your shoes together, Dorothy & repeat after me;

There's no place like home
There's no place like home

:D

wharfrat
11-02-2002, 08:47 AM
It's also not good to be too over-confident... just ask Lucas...:tomato:

Cntrygal
11-02-2002, 09:29 AM
Welcome to the Zone wharfrat! :)

Novacane
11-02-2002, 10:15 AM
Ditto that welcomewharfrat....................you seem to be a reasonable fin fan.

wharfrat
11-02-2002, 10:38 AM
Originally posted by Cntrygal
Welcome to the Zone wharfrat! :)

Originally posted by BledsoeTOreedfor6
Ditto that welcomewharfrat....................you seem to be a reasonable fin fan.

Thanks Guys... I try very hard not to be a homer... it's tough sometimes!

:nbf:

Anyone who's been to Finheaven knows I love to smack talk though... when it's appropriate!

Cntrygal
11-02-2002, 10:42 AM
Originally posted by wharfrat
Thanks Guys... I try very hard not to be a homer... it's tough sometimes!

We'll let you know if you start to slide! :squish:

WCoastFin
11-02-2002, 11:36 AM
Originally posted by northernbillfan
Sunday's game if a defintie must win.

First and for most I disagree to some extent.....this game is nowhere near a must win, being that theres lots of football left and still another matchup vs the Patriots...if you lose this game, your playoff chances are not out of sight ,therefore I dont see how its a "Must" win....however, this is a game the bills "Cant" lose for other variuos reasons ;) if you know what I mean.

ublinkwescore
11-02-2002, 11:43 AM
Hey wharfrat, go take a look at WCF's powerrankings on here, and tell me that they aren't BS.

The Bills are on a 3 game winning streak (soon to be four) - the longest winning streak in the AFC right now, we've beaten the fish, and we have a 5-3 record. Yet, that moron has us ranked like number 16, and has such crappy teams like the steelers, patriots, 49ers, Tampa Bay bucs, K.C. Chiefs ranked ahead of us.

We are clearly better then those teams that I've mentioned. He'd better start to take us seriously after we take first place in our division, ahead of the fish.

northernbillfan
11-02-2002, 11:44 AM
That is why I summed it up even better with my closer...

We can rebound if we lose, but look at what we gain if we win!
Look at where we'll be, if we do win tomorrow.

WCoastFin
11-02-2002, 11:47 AM
The good thing is we'll know what we have on our hands by Monday night....regardless I expect my fins to play hard but it will be either a relief or more stress on the monday game for us finfans.

Herdwatcher
11-02-2002, 12:27 PM
Originally posted by WCoastFin

First and for most I disagree to some extent.....this game is nowhere near a must win, being that theres lots of football left and still another matchup vs the Patriots...if you lose this game, your playoff chances are not out of sight ,therefore I dont see how its a "Must" win....however, this is a game the bills "Cant" lose for other variuos reasons ;) if you know what I mean.

I beg to differ. Seems like this needs to be brought up every season. For one thing, "16 game season." Every game is a "must win" teams that go 8-1 with plenty of room between them and the next best in their div or conference or have home field advantage locked up, only then is it NOT a must win. ie: keeping your starters out of the game so they don't get hurt, not because they are.

ublinkwescore
11-02-2002, 12:52 PM
If we win, and the fish get squished...can you say "first place in the AFC East"??????

- Shelby

FIRST PLACE IN THE AFC EAST

YUP, I CAN SAY IT

Mr. Miyagi
11-02-2002, 01:53 PM
Originally posted by Herdwatcher

I beg to differ. Seems like this needs to be brought up every season. For one thing, "16 game season." Every game is a "must win" teams that go 8-1 with plenty of room between them and the next best in their div or conference or have home field advantage locked up, only then is it NOT a must win. ie: keeping your starters out of the game so they don't get hurt, not because they are.

Herdwatcher is right. This is a must win game because every game for every team is important, unless you got your playoff berth locked up. This game is evern more so of a must win because of the lead in the division is at stake. And when it comes down to it at the end, if NE, MIA and us are all tied up, those head-to-head matchups count BIG TIME. We already beat the Phish once, it's time to take one up on the Pats.

And from the human story standpoint, beating the Pats will boost Drew's confidence, and that will spill over to the rest of the team. St. Louis back a few years had that "swagger", that borderline cockiness that they believe they could beat any team, and that helped their cause in winning the SB. We want that as well.

Imagine SuperBowl? Facing the Packs or the Eagles? I'll cross that bridge when I come to it, but it scares me to think about it though. I would REALLY hate to go to the SB and lose AGAIN.

TigerJ
11-02-2002, 01:55 PM
Hey, wharfrat, where's your picture of Anna?

ublinkwescore
11-02-2002, 03:35 PM
I expect my fins to play hard but it will be either a relief or more stress on the monday game for us finfans.

- WCF

Are you related to John Madden WCF?

wharfrat
11-02-2002, 06:49 PM
Originally posted by TigerJ
Hey, wharfrat, where's your picture of Anna?

:laughter: I left it in my other jacket Tiger! :laughter:

mchurchfie
11-02-2002, 07:02 PM
Nice title Wharfy!!:up::biggrin:

wharfrat
11-02-2002, 09:04 PM
Originally posted by mchurchfie

You're cold blooded mchurchfie.... :peace:

...and I've always been so nice to you..... :priest:

good thing I have a sense of humor, or I'd go "06" on ya!:2guns:

:snicker:

shelby
11-02-2002, 09:13 PM

good thing I have a sense of humor, or I'd go "06" on ya!:2guns:

:rofl:
06 is a wuss!!!
:biggrin:

wharfrat
11-02-2002, 09:18 PM
Originally posted by shelby

:rofl:
06 is a wuss!!!

:D It was meant as a joke shelby... he always talks about the time he actually went to someone's house and tried to call him out for something that was said on a message board... :coocoo:

wharfrat
11-02-2002, 09:19 PM
Originally posted by mchurchfie

I kinda like yours too 3W...err, umm, I mean mchurchfie... :crazed:

shelby
11-02-2002, 09:20 PM

:D It was meant as a joke shelby... he always talks about the time he actually went to someone's house and tried to call him out for something that was said on a message board... :coocoo:

:rolleyes: some people lack the sense of humor gene.

wharfrat
11-02-2002, 09:24 PM

:rolleyes: some people lack the sense of humor gene.

True that!

shelby
11-02-2002, 09:37 PM
makes me want to :shelby: them.

wharfrat
11-02-2002, 09:41 PM
makes me want to :shelby: them.

:scared:

I just hope you never come after me... especially since that particlular smilie was named after you....

shelby
11-02-2002, 09:45 PM
:badangel:
it's all good:D

wharfrat
11-02-2002, 09:57 PM
:punk:

shelby
11-02-2002, 10:02 PM
:urock:

wharfrat
11-02-2002, 10:10 PM