• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • northernbillfan
    Hello, I'm Mike and I'm a Bills fan.

Administrator Emeritus
    • Jul 2002

This is the turning point

For the Buffalo Bills, the upcoming game against the New England Patriots, is a turning point in their history. Let's put the Bledsoe/Brady story behind us for a second, and focus on what's at hand for Buffalo.

Will we overcome all those ugly losses of the past? Or are we getting ready to go on a great ride, that we as Buffalo Bills fans, so rightly deserve? Is this the feeling St Louis Rams fans felt, their first run at glory? If so, I'm hanging on and getting ready for the ride.

The 2002 season could belong to us, it has happened in the past, St Louis, and fittingly enough, New England. Brett Favre said today on ESPN radio, he would take Bledsoe to win a 'must win' game. Sunday's game if a defintie must win.

Bledsoe deserves this run too. He has stepped into our organization, a gave the team the leadership, they so desperately needed. This brings back some great memories, of the days the Bills offense was revered.

We have a week off after this, so expect 100% from each, and every Bill. Heck, Williams, and Winfield want to play, but I think we are okay without them. Let them rest for another couple of weeks, and save them for Kansas City.

Bottom line, This it baby! Do or die! We can rebound if we lose, but look at what we gain if we win!
    When I die, please don't let my wife sell my camera equipment for what I told her I paid for it.

• shelby
    The Vanilla *****
    • Jul 2002

If we win, and the fish get squished...can you say "first place in the AFC East"??????

Comment

• wharfrat
      Is it February yet?
      • Nov 2002

You guys obviously have a good shot at taking first... at least for the time being. The Pats are slumping badly, and your Bills are fired up. Meanwhile the Pack is hot, and Lucas is stone cold... I'd be lying if I said I wasn't worried about Mon night's game...

Of course, you know I'll be cheering for the Pats, and praying the Phins pull an upset at Lambeau...

Comment

• BigDoug
        1-800-SAD-GOAT
        • Jul 2002

It's always nice to dream. Now click your shoes together, Dorothy & repeat after me;

There's no place like home
        There's no place like home

Comment

• wharfrat
          Is it February yet?
          • Nov 2002

It's also not good to be too over-confident... just ask Lucas...

Comment

• Cntrygal
            Visually stunning but camera-shy.
            • Jul 2002

Welcome to the Zone wharfrat! :)
            Originally posted by notacon
            The biggest thing we learned from the Bills is that they are a resilient bunch and did what they had to do to win instead of past years where they fold like a cheap lawn chair.

For news, articles and other "stuff"... BillsZone.com

Comment

• BledsoeTOreedfor6
              • Jul 2002

Ditto that welcomewharfrat....................you seem to be a reasonable fin fan.

Comment

• wharfrat
                Is it February yet?
                • Nov 2002

Originally posted by Cntrygal
                Welcome to the Zone wharfrat! :)

Originally posted by BledsoeTOreedfor6
                Ditto that welcomewharfrat....................you seem to be a reasonable fin fan.

Thanks Guys... I try very hard not to be a homer... it's tough sometimes!

Anyone who's been to Finheaven knows I love to smack talk though... when it's appropriate!

Comment

• Cntrygal
                  Visually stunning but camera-shy.
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by wharfrat
                  Thanks Guys... I try very hard not to be a homer... it's tough sometimes!
                  We'll let you know if you start to slide!

Originally posted by notacon
                  The biggest thing we learned from the Bills is that they are a resilient bunch and did what they had to do to win instead of past years where they fold like a cheap lawn chair.

For news, articles and other "stuff"... BillsZone.com

Comment

• WCoastFin
                    I have the arms of a new born baby!
                    • Jul 2002

Re: This is the turning point

Originally posted by northernbillfan
                    Sunday's game if a defintie must win.

First and for most I disagree to some extent.....this game is nowhere near a must win, being that theres lots of football left and still another matchup vs the Patriots...if you lose this game, your playoff chances are not out of sight ,therefore I dont see how its a "Must" win....however, this is a game the bills "Cant" lose for other variuos reasons if you know what I mean.
                    We wanna see you spit now!!!lets face it we suck.

Comment

• ublinkwescore
                      Sab and TD are insignificant
                      • Sep 2002

Hey wharfrat, go take a look at WCF's powerrankings on here, and tell me that they aren't BS.

The Bills are on a 3 game winning streak (soon to be four) - the longest winning streak in the AFC right now, we've beaten the fish, and we have a 5-3 record. Yet, that moron has us ranked like number 16, and has such crappy teams like the steelers, patriots, 49ers, Tampa Bay bucs, K.C. Chiefs ranked ahead of us.

We are clearly better then those teams that I've mentioned. He'd better start to take us seriously after we take first place in our division, ahead of the fish.
                      www.gamersconspiracy.com - where gamers conspire

Comment

• northernbillfan
                        Hello, I'm Mike and I'm a Bills fan.

Administrator Emeritus
                        • Jul 2002

That is why I summed it up even better with my closer...
                        We can rebound if we lose, but look at what we gain if we win!
                        Look at where we'll be, if we do win tomorrow.
                        When I die, please don't let my wife sell my camera equipment for what I told her I paid for it.

Comment

• WCoastFin
                          I have the arms of a new born baby!
                          • Jul 2002

The good thing is we'll know what we have on our hands by Monday night....regardless I expect my fins to play hard but it will be either a relief or more stress on the monday game for us finfans.
                          We wanna see you spit now!!!lets face it we suck.

Comment

• Herdwatcher
                            One out of many
                            • Jul 2002

Re: Re: This is the turning point

Originally posted by WCoastFin

First and for most I disagree to some extent.....this game is nowhere near a must win, being that theres lots of football left and still another matchup vs the Patriots...if you lose this game, your playoff chances are not out of sight ,therefore I dont see how its a "Must" win....however, this is a game the bills "Cant" lose for other variuos reasons if you know what I mean.
                            I beg to differ. Seems like this needs to be brought up every season. For one thing, "16 game season." Every game is a "must win" teams that go 8-1 with plenty of room between them and the next best in their div or conference or have home field advantage locked up, only then is it NOT a must win. ie: keeping your starters out of the game so they don't get hurt, not because they are.
                            Pounding the world like a battering-ram!

Comment

• ublinkwescore
                              Sab and TD are insignificant
                              • Sep 2002

If we win, and the fish get squished...can you say "first place in the AFC East"??????

- Shelby

FIRST PLACE IN THE AFC EAST

YUP, I CAN SAY IT
                              www.gamersconspiracy.com - where gamers conspire

Comment

Working...
                              X