X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TheGhostofJimKelly
    • May 2003

Winslow agrees

FOX Sports' James Brown has learned that Kellen Winslow, Jr., the sixth overall pick in the 2004 NFL Draft, expects to sign with the Cleveland Browns today or tomorrow.

According to Brown, who reported the move on his show on Sporting News Radio, Winslow expects to be in training camp no later than Thursday.
    The James Brown Show airs weekdays 10 a.m. - 12 p.m. ET nationwide on Sporting News Radio.

Also, ESPN radio is reporting Aquan Boldin has been carted off Cardinals practice.
  • The Spaz
    • Mar 2003

About ****ing time, loser.

Comment

• zdro22
      • Apr 2004

I hate this guy! I unfortunately live in cleveland and this whole winslow thing is a complete example of why cleveland browns blow and so do their fans. All i hear is how browns crazy this town is yet i never hear anyone taking about this peice of *****. If evens or losman were still holding out you couldnt take 2 steps in the city without hearing about it. I hope cleveland enjoys overpaying for this bust...one whole touchdown his junior year...impressive kellen really impressive

Comment

• saviorbledsoe
        All-Pro Zoner
        • Jul 2003

How much?

Comment

• Mr. Cynical
          Maybe?
          • Oct 2003

Winslow agrees to terms with Browns

BEREA, Ohio (AP) - First-round draft choice Kellen Winslow Jr. agreed to terms Tuesday night on a six-year contract with the Cleveland Browns, ending his 12-day holdout, a team source told The Associated Press.

The contract is worth $29 million in guaranteed money and could bring Winslow up to $40 million if he reaches all his incentives. The deal also includes a $16.5 million signing bonus, said the source, speaking on the condition of anonymity.

Last week, Browns quarterback Jeff Garcia implored Winslow to get to camp, saying, "You are going to get your riches no matter what, but you need to think about the team."

Winslow has a reputation as a fiery competitor, which has caused him problems in the past.

In his final season with the Hurricanes, he made headlines for a postgame tirade following a loss to Tennessee in which he called himself a soldier and compared the game to being at war. He later apologized.

More...

Still gotta love that quote.

Still can't believe $29M guaranteed/$40M possible for a TE with issues. This is one case where I'm glad we have TD. He'd never do that.
          Last edited by Mr. Cynical; 08-11-2004, 01:31 AM.

Comment

• The Spaz
            • Mar 2003

Already been posted!

Comment

• Mr. Cynical
              Maybe?
              • Oct 2003

Ummmm...link? Don't see it.

Comment

• The Spaz
                • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Mr. Cynical
                Ummmm...link? Don't see it.
                You ready?

Comment

• The Spaz
                  • Mar 2003

Comment

• Mr. Cynical
                    Maybe?
                    • Oct 2003

Well, I don't read this forum, so technically mine still was/is the first thread in the other forum.

And don't give me that this had nothing to do with Bills so it didn't belong there. While that may be true in theory, there are tons of other threads there that are about football unrelated to the Bills.

Comment

• The Spaz
                      • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Mr. Cynical
                      Well, I don't read this forum, so technically mine still was/is the first thread in the other forum.

And don't give me that this had nothing to do with Bills so it didn't belong there. While that may be true in theory, there are tons of other threads there that are about football unrelated to the Bills.

Comment

• The_Philster
                        • Jul 2002

Technically, the staff is a lot more lenient as far as non-Bills stuff in the main forum during the offseason. More and more threads will be redirected to the appropriate forum as the season approaches. Besides, what's to be afraid of in the other forums?
                        The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

Working...
                        X