Travis Henry knows the end of the road is near...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tatonka
    • Jul 2002

Travis Henry knows the end of the road is near...

i find it odd that he would even discuss this at this point.. i think there are going to be some major issues this season if willis ends up looking too good. henry is not going to keep his mouth shut about his frustrations.

Bills | Henry Not Worrying About Future - from www.KFFL.com
    Tue, 10 Aug 2004 12:03:54 -0700

The Associated Press reports Buffalo Bills RB Travis Henry believes either himself or RB Willis McGahee will be traded or released prior to the start of the 2005 season. Henry said he would love to stay in Buffalo, but added he won't worry if he leaves, indicating that he's confident he is a capable starter. "My resume is tight," he said. "I'm not a betting man, but I'm willing to bet there's 31 teams out there that would love to have me running for them. ... So it's not the end of the world."
    "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe
  • Tatonka
    • Jul 2002

the rest of the article.

"All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• Fairway To Green
      • Jul 2002

traded or released

He's not to bright if he thinks the Bills are gonna release him

Comment

• Tatonka
        • Jul 2002

man... i really like henry... i would hate to see him on another team.

the man just has heart and determination.

i hope he has a great season.

Comment

• Tatonka
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Fairway To Green
          traded or released

He's not to bright if he thinks the Bills are gonna release him
          i can see it now..

"today, the buffalo bills cut starting running back, Travis Henry, who just completed his 3rd 1300 yard season, because they wanted to start Willis McGahee, but didnt want to bother with trying to get a couple first round picks for him.

John Clayton reports that they really needed to save the 1.5 million dollars Henry was scheduled to make because they have to pay Mike Williams a 3 million dollar roster bonus."

Comment

• lordofgun
            in charge of you

Administrator Emeritus
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Tatonka
            i can see it now..

"today, the buffalo bills cut starting running back, Travis Henry, who just completed his 3rd 1300 yard season, because they wanted to start Willis McGahee, but didnt want to bother with trying to get a couple first round picks for him.

John Clayton reports that they really needed to save the 1.5 million dollars Henry was scheduled to make because they have to pay Mike Williams a 3 million dollar roster bonus."

I don't find that funny at all!

<a href="http://www.buzzdash.com/index.php?page=buzzbite&amp;BB_id=119588">Do you like me?</a> | <a href="http://www.buzzdash.com">BuzzDash polls</a>

Comment

• Hemlepp53
              • Jul 2004

man... i really like henry... i would hate to see him on another team.

the man just has heart and determination.

i hope he has a great season.
              Man, A Player Like Herny Is HARD TO FINd. He is the Definition of a WORK HORSE.. Injured, Healthly the guy is a Warrior... Guaranteed to be worth something this season for us on the field. Willis better sit his ass down and take what he can get. Travis earned a starting job witht he action and gameplay he gave the BILLs... These type of discussions piss me off. Anyhow I will cut this short. TRAVIS HENRY needs to stay in Buffalo until Willis is proven. The Browns vs Bills Scrimage is not PROOF.. it is an indicition of what is to come. But not PROOF... Who Agrees
              @Hemlepp53

Comment

• The_Philster
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by lordofgun
                I don't find that funny at all!
                Tatonka learned his sense of humor from W..

bro :snicker2:
                The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• Tatonka
                  • Jul 2002

i dont like his sense of humor.

Phil Tonka

Comment

• The_Philster
                    • Jul 2002

i dont like his sense of humor.

Phil Tonka

BTW, you going to the Baltimore game? He told me he's going to buy his tix in the lot like a few of us did last year.
                    The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• Tatonka
                      • Jul 2002

i might.. it really depends on what else is going on..

when is that game?

Comment

• The_Philster
                        • Jul 2002

October 24th

Only problem seems to be in getting tix. I couldn't get through when they went on sale and all they seemed to have was single seats, anyway from what OpIv said that day. I'm keeping an eye on eBay because I don't know what they'll be going for if I scalp. I doubt I'll get a club seat for $20 like I did at the preseason game.

Comment

• Mr. Cynical
                          Maybe?
                          • Oct 2003

TH's contract is up at the end of the year so if I were a betting man I'm saying TH is gone next season. One thing I'm a little rusty on is how that process works...

How long do the Bills have rights to him given his contract is up this season? When is Henry technically a "free man" to do whatever he wants?

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
                            Lecter's Little Bitch

• Sep 2002

This is what's going to happen I bet...

After this season, Edgerrin James becomes FA. He bolts for Miami because he's into Dominican girls or whatever. Now Indy only has a injury prone guy named Dominic Rhodes that's half way decent, and Mungro and the "other" Ricky Williams are nothing but 3rd stringers. So we trade Henry over for their 1st and 4th.

Done deal.

Comment

• The_Philster
                              • Jul 2002

It's up after the 2005 season, actually

Comment

Working...
                              X