PDA

View Full Version : Travis Henry knows the end of the road is near...

Tatonka
08-10-2004, 05:13 PM
i find it odd that he would even discuss this at this point.. i think there are going to be some major issues this season if willis ends up looking too good. henry is not going to keep his mouth shut about his frustrations.

Bills | Henry Not Worrying About Future - from www.KFFL.com
Tue, 10 Aug 2004 12:03:54 -0700

The Associated Press reports Buffalo Bills RB Travis Henry believes either himself or RB Willis McGahee will be traded or released prior to the start of the 2005 season. Henry said he would love to stay in Buffalo, but added he won't worry if he leaves, indicating that he's confident he is a capable starter. "My resume is tight," he said. "I'm not a betting man, but I'm willing to bet there's 31 teams out there that would love to have me running for them. ... So it's not the end of the world."

Tatonka
08-10-2004, 05:15 PM
the rest of the article.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/F/FBN_BILLS_HENRY?SITE=DCTMS&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT

Novacane
08-10-2004, 05:17 PM
traded or released

He's not to bright if he thinks the Bills are gonna release him

Tatonka
08-10-2004, 05:18 PM
man... i really like henry... i would hate to see him on another team.

the man just has heart and determination.

i hope he has a great season.

Tatonka
08-10-2004, 05:20 PM
Originally posted by Fairway To Green
traded or released

He's not to bright if he thinks the Bills are gonna release him

i can see it now..

"today, the buffalo bills cut starting running back, Travis Henry, who just completed his 3rd 1300 yard season, because they wanted to start Willis McGahee, but didnt want to bother with trying to get a couple first round picks for him.

John Clayton reports that they really needed to save the 1.5 million dollars Henry was scheduled to make because they have to pay Mike Williams a 3 million dollar roster bonus."

:snicker:

lordofgun
08-10-2004, 05:56 PM
Originally posted by Tatonka
i can see it now..

"today, the buffalo bills cut starting running back, Travis Henry, who just completed his 3rd 1300 yard season, because they wanted to start Willis McGahee, but didnt want to bother with trying to get a couple first round picks for him.

John Clayton reports that they really needed to save the 1.5 million dollars Henry was scheduled to make because they have to pay Mike Williams a 3 million dollar roster bonus."

:snicker:

I don't find that funny at all!

Hemlepp53
08-10-2004, 06:30 PM
man... i really like henry... i would hate to see him on another team.

the man just has heart and determination.

i hope he has a great season.

Man, A Player Like Herny Is HARD TO FINd. He is the Definition of a WORK HORSE.. Injured, Healthly the guy is a Warrior... Guaranteed to be worth something this season for us on the field. Willis better sit his ass down and take what he can get. Travis earned a starting job witht he action and gameplay he gave the BILLs... These type of discussions piss me off. Anyhow I will cut this short. TRAVIS HENRY needs to stay in Buffalo until Willis is proven. The Browns vs Bills Scrimage is not PROOF.. it is an indicition of what is to come. But not PROOF... Who Agrees

The_Philster
08-10-2004, 06:45 PM
Originally posted by lordofgun
I don't find that funny at all!

Tatonka learned his sense of humor from W..

:jk: bro :snicker2:

Tatonka
08-10-2004, 06:46 PM
:mad:

i dont like his sense of humor. :tongue:

Phil :chair: Tonka

The_Philster
08-10-2004, 06:49 PM
:mad:

i dont like his sense of humor. :tongue:

Phil :chair: Tonka :lol:
BTW, you going to the Baltimore game? He told me he's going to buy his tix in the lot like a few of us did last year.

Tatonka
08-10-2004, 06:52 PM
i might.. it really depends on what else is going on..

when is that game?

The_Philster
08-10-2004, 06:55 PM
October 24th

Only problem seems to be in getting tix. I couldn't get through when they went on sale and all they seemed to have was single seats, anyway from what OpIv said that day. :idunno: I'm keeping an eye on eBay because I don't know what they'll be going for if I scalp. I doubt I'll get a club seat for $20 like I did at the preseason game.

Mr. Cynical
08-10-2004, 07:19 PM
TH's contract is up at the end of the year so if I were a betting man I'm saying TH is gone next season. One thing I'm a little rusty on is how that process works...

How long do the Bills have rights to him given his contract is up this season? When is Henry technically a "free man" to do whatever he wants?

Mr. Miyagi
This is what's going to happen I bet...

After this season, Edgerrin James becomes FA. He bolts for Miami because he's into Dominican girls or whatever. Now Indy only has a injury prone guy named Dominic Rhodes that's half way decent, and Mungro and the "other" Ricky Williams are nothing but 3rd stringers. So we trade Henry over for their 1st and 4th.

Done deal.

The_Philster
It's up after the 2005 season, actually

Mr. Cynical
08-10-2004, 07:24 PM
He started in '01...so he signed a 5 year deal?

Ok, so then the talks have to happen after this season, which then makes sense because he will still be under contract an unable to just leave. The Bills then have the option to tag him, trade him, etc. Otherwise it didn't make sense if this was his last year....at least I think it doesn't. ;)

The Spaz
08-10-2004, 07:45 PM
Originally posted by Mr. Cynical
He started in '01...so he signed a 5 year deal?

Ok, so then the talks have to happen after this season, which then makes sense because he will still be under contract an unable to just leave. The Bills then have the option to tag him, trade him, etc. Otherwise it didn't make sense if this was his last year....at least I think it doesn't. ;)

The original deal was 4 I think and he signed a 1 year extension.

Mr. Cynical
08-10-2004, 07:59 PM
:)

Hemlepp53
08-10-2004, 10:51 PM
Hmmmmm.... Who Knows for sure when TH is released from Buffalo to do as he wishes? and BTW I like the way this sounds
Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi
This is what's going to happen I bet...

After this season, Edgerrin James becomes FA. He bolts for Miami because he's into Dominican girls or whatever. Now Indy only has a injury prone guy named Dominic Rhodes that's half way decent, and Mungro and the "other" Ricky Williams are nothing but 3rd stringers. So we trade Henry over for their 1st and 4th.

Done deal.

P.S. Good Luck with the Smoking man i quit my cigars a month and 6 days ago.. lol

Charlieguide
08-10-2004, 11:28 PM
Originally posted by Hemlepp53
. . . The Browns vs Bills Scrimage is not PROOF.. it is an indicition of what is to come. But not PROOF... Who Agrees

I wholeheartedly agree. First of all, three were from the five yard line. Second, he was playing with the 2nd string. It's a good indication, but all it really tells us is that we have a strong backup (and maybe depth at OL?).

Donahoe sees every player as replaceable. It's why Vincent is here now, why Aaron Schobel is here and not Wiley; and it's why he drafted JP Losman . . . and maybe why he drafted Lee Evans. I really think his philosophy is that you can build a team from the draft fast enough to replace players before they get expensive. And at those positions where it doesn't work, you hire an aging veteran for a year or two until your draft picks catch up.

I'd really like to see Willis succeed; it would be a great success story. But not at the expense of Travis Henry. How do you trade a 1300 yard (on injured ribs/broken leg) back for anything? If you don't have him, someone else will!

Charlieguide
08-10-2004, 11:30 PM
The bigger problem is with the state of the NFL; teams are punished for drafting well because they can't hang on to all their picks. Continuity sells tickets, but you don't hear anybody (outside of ESPN once in a while) suggesting that the league give cap breaks to teams that hang on to star veterans.

thebuffalobills4
08-11-2004, 12:28 AM
hey i am going to the bills and ravens game.imy identedity is
,i am wearing a bledsoe jersey(white)and a bills helment.but
no won is taking the starting spot of henry.:chair: :badboy: :machgun: :argue: :pow: this what henry
will do to mcghee.

Dozerdog
08-11-2004, 12:34 AM
Originally posted by Charlieguide
The bigger problem is with the state of the NFL; teams are punished for drafting well because they can't hang on to all their picks. Continuity sells tickets, but you don't hear anybody (outside of ESPN once in a while) suggesting that the league give cap breaks to teams that hang on to star veterans.

I don't agree. The NFL punishes teams that hand out stupid contracts- they lose players chasing big dollar superstars or falling in love with a guy and overpaying

thebuffalobills4
08-11-2004, 12:51 AM
dozerdog remember me,im jamhibb from billsaddiction.:D ;)

Jan Reimers
08-11-2004, 05:32 AM
We really ought to get a real long look at Willis before we write Travis out of the picture.

TheGhostofJimKelly
08-11-2004, 06:15 AM
Way to show confidence in yourself Travis.

casdhf
08-11-2004, 06:27 AM
I'm all for trading Henry at the end of the year.

Hemlepp53
08-11-2004, 06:55 AM
Originally posted by Hemlepp53
Man, A Player Like Herny Is HARD TO FINd. He is the Definition of a WORK HORSE.. Injured, Healthly the guy is a Warrior... Guaranteed to be worth something this season for us on the field. Willis better sit his ass down and take what he can get. Travis earned a starting job witht he action and gameplay he gave the BILLs... These type of discussions piss me off. Anyhow I will cut this short. TRAVIS HENRY needs to stay in Buffalo until Willis is proven. The Browns vs Bills Scrimage is not PROOF.. it is an indicition of what is to come. But not PROOF... Who Agrees

ONE MORE TIME FOR THE VISUALLY IMPARED... LoL... ((Still dont know how to make the cool faces so Place wild smily at the end of this))

ryjam282
08-11-2004, 06:56 AM
Henry will be the one that is gone. Willis is twice the back that he is and he will prove it to all of us. Remember what Deuce looked like when Ricky was gone in New Orleans. He made people forget all about him. Willis will do the same thing. YOU WILL SEE. Willis has that rare blend of speed and power and is already a more complete back then Travis. He can catch, block, and run all better then Henry.

Don't get me wrong, I like Travis but I think this situation will bring out the best in both of them. May the best man win and we will be better off for it.

zdro22
08-11-2004, 07:47 AM
This quote from kffl.com is frm this story.. http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/5662553/ sounds like they are going to try and twist words and get henry to make a slip with every interview. Hopefully he is intelligent enough to not give the media anything....my opinion is that he had 1,300 yards last year minus one game and was a complete warrior...it is his job to lose and unless mcgahee has an unreal preseason or henry blows i cant imagine taking this guy off the field.

Dozerdog
08-11-2004, 07:49 AM
If the Bills win with a balance dattack, with both backs contributing- I'm in no hurry to deal one.

It's only an issue when it's Free agency time

colin
08-11-2004, 09:34 AM
Henry can play, but why do so many fans pile on against one player in particular, and for another player?

While Henry has had some big nubers, he never ran for much before Mike Williams got out there, but people piss on mike for his pass blocking (which could be better for sure, but it is not the gaping hole that people try to pretend it is).

He also fumbles too damn much, does not have great hands, is a poor blocker (small but important point), and lacks breakaway speed.

I do, of course, like his toughness and strength though.

On balance, if McGahee can show what we know he had before, trading Henry would be a great thing for the Bills, why be against it?

TedMock
08-11-2004, 10:24 AM
I really like Henry, but if McGahee's 100% he's just a better back. He's not quite as strong as Henry, but he's bigger and faster. He has better hands, and he's a good pass blocker in the backfield. (Note: All Miami RB's are good pass blockers. They have to be in order to distinguish themselves from the competition there, which happens to be against the best athletes in college football.....see E. James and C. Portis film for proof) What ticks me off, though, is that Henry's even talking about this. You're in camp now, shut up and wait until the season's over. I love the guy for his toughness, but why can't winning be more important than who's 1A and who's 1B?

TheGhostofJimKelly
08-11-2004, 11:14 AM
Is Travis really stronger than Willis?

TedMock
08-11-2004, 11:21 AM
Originally posted by TheGhostofJimKelly
Is Travis really stronger than Willis?

Yep. Look up both their campus agility tests. Henry was benching 410 pounds coming out of college and McGahee 375 pounds. Neither is weak. I'm sure both are actually a little stronger at this point. Henry's 40 time was 4.6 (He's gotta be faster now) and McGahee's 4.24. Henry actually won some Florida state weightlifting competition when he was in high school.

TheGhostofJimKelly
08-11-2004, 11:46 AM
I believe you, I just wasn't sure.