PDA

View Full Version : Having Henry's Back

Mr. Miyagi
08-11-2004, 11:01 AM
By Rick Kamla, Senior Editor
August 11, 2004 5:00 AM ET

Everyone in the free world is buzzing about Willis McGahee's performance in the Bills-Browns scrimmage this past Saturday.

Perhaps they're just buzzing.

Sure, McGahee rushed for 33 yards and four touchdowns on seven carries, but three of the scores came in goal-line drills from the two-yard line…against the Browns. You know, the team that finished 23rd against the run a year ago.

http://www.fanball.com/fb/article.cfm/ID.2685

BAM
08-11-2004, 11:05 AM
I wish I was buzzing :(

Novacane
08-11-2004, 11:08 AM
I disagree with him. Henry a top 15 fantasy pick? Go ahead and take him...........I'm not taking him that high. I think he will still be the starter but Mcgahees going to be more than a "change of pace" back as this guy says.

Pride
08-11-2004, 11:12 AM
I agree with this guy... not about the fantasy prospects.. but about bills fans not appreciating THenry

The Spaz
08-11-2004, 11:15 AM
Originally posted by Pride
I agree with this guy... not about the fantasy prospects.. but about bills fans not appreciating THenry

There's no question. Hey I like McGahee as well but until we see Willis in action Travis is our only proven star RB.

THATHURMANATOR
08-11-2004, 11:17 AM
I think we all appreciate THenry but if Mcgahee is better then play him.

Earthquake Enyart
08-11-2004, 11:23 AM
Everybody loves Henry until he puts the ball on the ground.

And he can't catch.

TedMock
08-11-2004, 11:23 AM
I think Henry's appreciated by Bills' fans, but under-appreciated elsewhere. He's not a "sexy" running back with great highlights. Just a workhorse who gets it done. He's my favorite player, but business is business. I'm very excited about seeing McGahee play, and if he's the better back then he deserves to start. I'll be happy either way.

Earthquake Enyart
08-11-2004, 11:27 AM
I think by mid season or so, we'll all be happy McGahee is around.

saviorbledsoe
08-11-2004, 11:38 AM
Henry was tremendously better at holding on to the ball last season. I dont think his fumbles are a factor any longer.

HAMMER
08-11-2004, 11:38 AM
Where does the notion that Henry can't catch come from?

BAM
08-11-2004, 11:43 AM
Leonard Henry is the starter here.

The Spaz
08-11-2004, 11:51 AM
Originally posted by HAMMER
Where does the notion that Henry can't catch come from?

I don't know when Centers was here he and Henry each had 40-50 catches.

The Spaz
Originally posted by BAM
Leonard Henry is the starter here.

God I hate those morons.

Mr. Miyagi
This is absolutely a good problem to have. Remember when henry got hurt last season, and we had.....Joe Burns??? :eek:

Gunzlingr
08-11-2004, 12:09 PM
Originally posted by TedMock
He's not a "sexy" running back .......

That's not what the 13 year old girls say :couch:

Charlieguide
08-11-2004, 12:24 PM
I don't know any Bills fans that don't appreciate Henry. The guy is a tremendous workhorse. I'm looking forward to seeing what he can do in a non-Gilbride system.

As for Willis, if he proves himself, fine. I'm not jumping to any conclusions based on his performance from the 2 yard line against the Browns' backups.

MTBillsFan
08-11-2004, 05:44 PM
Nothing against Willis, but his performance was against the Browns and it really was only in a goal line situation. Don't get me wrong, I would love to see production like that from the 2yard line. However, it is the production leading up to the 2 yard line that I want to see our OLine and Drew produce! TH is the man until proven otherwise by time!
GO BILLS!!!

BillyT92679
08-11-2004, 08:15 PM
Originally posted by Earthquake Enyart
Everybody loves Henry until he puts the ball on the ground.

And he can't catch.

I think Travis has superb hands and has the chance at 2,000 APY. One of Drew's weaknesses is he just does not execute screen passes very well, so Travis does not have a chance to really shine at catching.

HAMMER
08-11-2004, 08:53 PM
Cheese and Rice man. Henry is a STUD, there is no debating his talent, why does anyone doubt him? He has run for more yardage in his first three seasons than any back in Bills history. Would you trade away Thurman Thomas in his prime? OJ? I will be pissed if Donahoe trades either back next offseason. You can't have too many good RB's. When you only have one you are only one twisted knee away from disaster at anytime (or one bong hit). Let the team we have develop over the next two years, let it play out. If we can get Bledsoe to play good ball, I see big things coming.