• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mr. Miyagi
    Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Tomlinson's worth

With the Philips holdout, Brees sucking, and no decent receivers on the roster, is Tomlinson still worth the 1st or 2nd pick overall?

We rank Jamal Lewis outside of the top 5 RBs, and he's in the same situation. Why is LT ranked so high?

I'm still considering picking Portis over LT (unless the #1 guy doesn't pick Priest) when I pick #2. What are your thoughts?
  • The Spaz
    • Mar 2003

The Chargers had the same problems last year.

Comment

• Earthquake Enyart
      Legendary Zoner
      • Jul 2002

The Redskins just lost their stud RT.

To me all three are just about the same. But you know Marty is gonna run the ball.

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
        Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Originally posted by Earthquake Enyart
        To me all three are just about the same. But you know Marty is gonna run the ball.
        True, but so will Gibbs, and they have more weapons for Ds to worry about.

Comment

• Charlieguide
          Learning that we're only immortal for a limited time
          • Feb 2004

Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi
          True, but so will Gibbs, and they have more weapons for Ds to worry about.
          It's an interesting quandry. If there are more offensive weapons (as in WAS), it spreads the defense, but it also spreads the plays around. If there are less weapons (as in SD), the defense can key in, but the lone star gets his number called more often.

Perhaps that tells us that the passing game doesn't affect the RB's total yardage; the system and the OL may be the most important factors.

But overall success of the offense is dependent on the overall offense, and if you can't get to the red zone, it's hard to run to the end zone.

I think I'd take Portis.
          The best is yet to come, and the rest is history. -- Oval Opus

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
            Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

I want to agree with Charlie.

Sounds like #1 and #2 will likely go to Tomlinson and Priest anyway. The #3 guy won't trade picks with me.

Comment

• lordofgun
              in charge of you

Administrator Emeritus
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi
              I want to agree with Charlie.

Sounds like #1 and #2 will likely go to Tomlinson and Priest anyway. The #3 guy won't trade picks with me.
              If I were him, I'd trade up on the pure chance that Priest could fall to two. Stay right where you are, Miyagi.

<a href="http://www.buzzdash.com/index.php?page=buzzbite&amp;BB_id=119588">Do you like me?</a> | <a href="http://www.buzzdash.com">BuzzDash polls</a>

Comment

• Philagape
                WIN NOW
                • Jul 2002

As bad as SD is, they're no worse than last year. Having no good receivers has been LT's gain -- he caught 100 passes last year. In a two-game burst, he had 20 catches for 292 yards and four TDs. When Brees is running for his life, he looks for LT. That's what puts him ahead of Portis.
                "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
                2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• Earthquake Enyart
                  Legendary Zoner
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Philagape
                  As bad as SD is, they're no worse than last year. Having no good receivers has been LT's gain -- he caught 100 passes last year. In a two-game burst, he had 20 catches for 292 yards and four TDs. When Brees is running for his life, he looks for LT. That's what puts him ahead of Portis.

Comment

• lordofgun
                    in charge of you

Administrator Emeritus
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Earthquake Enyart
                    But not ahead of Priest.

<a href="http://www.buzzdash.com/index.php?page=buzzbite&amp;BB_id=119588">Do you like me?</a> | <a href="http://www.buzzdash.com">BuzzDash polls</a>

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
                      Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Priest or LT can't go wrong.

Comment

• BillsFever
                        Mr. Predictament
                        • Feb 2003

I'd take Ahman Green over LT. Green was sick last year and will do it again.

Comment

• Halbert
                          I'm Not Normal
                          • Jul 2002

LT is the best back in the league, is durable, and catches a ton of passes. It doesn't matter who the QB is, they're going to let LT pile up the first downs to keep their crappy defense off the field.

If Holmes hiccups at all LT will be to top point producing RB this season.

Comment

• Dozerdog
                            In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
                            • Jul 2002

LT will be the ultimate weapon in FFL. Priest Holmes is a decent runner-up prize

Comment

• Earthquake Enyart
                              Legendary Zoner
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Dozerdog
                              LT will be the ultimate weapon in FFL. Priest Holmes is a decent runner-up prize

Comment

Working...
                              X