X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • finsrclowns
    • Apr 2004

Any word on Mike Williams's injury?

Did he sprain an ankle? Anyone know when he will be back?
    finsrclowns
  • The Spaz
    • Mar 2003

He sprained his arch in his foot while on a stretching machine.

Comment

• juice
      • Aug 2003

I wonder how that will effect his conditioning and weight loss. If its just a sore arch maybe it will just be a few days but the 400lbs wont help speed his recovery.

"Hey, I was always aggressive. I always had lots of energy, thats why my teammates on the Bills started calling me Juice" PLAYBOY Dec.'76

Comment

• BUFFALONRTH76
        • Aug 2004

Do you guys think that he'll be in actual playing shape by the start of the Regular Season, I mean don't get me wrong, it's nice to have a guy his size on our line, but if he's up around 400lbs... Man, his progress could take awhile!

North

Comment

• Ebenezer
          Give me a minute...
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by BUFFALONRTH76
          Do you guys think that he'll be in actual playing shape by the start of the Regular Season, I mean don't get me wrong, it's nice to have a guy his size on our line, but if he's up around 400lbs... Man, his progress could take awhile!

North
          Welcome to BillsZone North! Hope you find the boards enjoyable.

According to WGR's Paul Hamilton this morning, Williams is nowhere near playing shape. It might be Columbus Day before he is 100% ready.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• The Spaz
            • Mar 2003

North

Accordin to Mikeys' reports he's already lost weight from when Williams 1st reported to camp I'm sure he can still workout just not run.

Comment

• Tatonka
              • Jul 2002

North
              i lost 4 lbs during a hockey game once...

he will get his weight down in the next month, no problem.
              "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• BUFFALONRTH76
                • Aug 2004

Thanks Ebenezer!
                Well, it all doesn't sound well than! I had images of him, Villareal, and possibly that rookie TE we signed ( Peter's I think) Paving highways for Travis and Willis..... I bet 'ol Rusty has his hands full with big Mike... Anyways, good to be amongst fellow Bills fans!! Cheers!

North

Comment

• That Guy
                  • Apr 2004

Sub-200 pound wrestlers can lose 30-40 lbs within weeks all the time. It's not that hard to lose weight when you're 400 lbs... there's plenty of extra weight. If this foot thing gets better and he actually works towards getting into shape, he'll have no problem getting back to playing size.

Comment

• The Spaz
                    • Mar 2003

Mike Williams isn't wearing a boot today so that's a good sign.

Comment

• Ebenezer
                      Give me a minute...
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by That Guy
                      Sub-200 pound wrestlers can lose 30-40 lbs within weeks all the time. It's not that hard to lose weight when you're 400 lbs... there's plenty of extra weight. If this foot thing gets better and he actually works towards getting into shape, he'll have no problem getting back to playing size.
                      so did Kory Stringer...

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• The Spaz
                        • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Ebenezer
                        so did Kory Stringer...
                        That's one in a million that something like that happens.

Comment

• Ebenezer
                          Give me a minute...
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by The Spaz
                          That's one in a million that something like that happens.
                          1 in 2,560 actually...(32 teams times 80 players)...those are not good risk assessment odds...but I got your meaning...I don't think it will happen too often either.

Comment

• The Spaz
                            • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Ebenezer
                            1 in 2,560 actually...(32 teams times 80 players)...those are not good risk assessment odds...but I got your meaning...I don't think it will happen too often either.
                            Well I was going to add that death anyway is a lot less likely to occur than heat stroke.

Comment

• Ebenezer
                              Give me a minute...
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by The Spaz
                              Well I was going to add that death anyway is a lot less likely to occur than heat stroke.
                              that is also true.

Comment

Working...
                              X