X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • juice
    • Aug 2003

Lee Evans at KR

Looking at the latest ESPN Mag they have a fantasy breakdown in which Evans is listed as a Top Fantasy KRer, with his speed he might be the answer to or ST return problems.

Anyone know if he has been doing any returning in practice like Moulds did early in his career or if he was ever used in the return game in college?

I'd rather see Lee back there on KR or PR than Clements who is invaluable to our exceptional Defense.

"Hey, I was always aggressive. I always had lots of energy, thats why my teammates on the Bills started calling me Juice" PLAYBOY Dec.'76
  • The Spaz
    • Mar 2003

No he won't and he shouldn't be used at that position way too much risk at that position. Besides that we have like 6-7 guys competing at that spot now. Also Evans didn't do KR/PR in college.

Comment

• juice
      • Aug 2003

Originally posted by The Spaz
      No he won't and he shouldn't be used at that position way too much risk at that position. Besides that we have like 6-7 guys competing at that spot now. Also Evans didn't do KR/PR in college.
      Clements would be a bigger loss to this team than Evans and Moulds did some return duty early in his career, why not Lee Evans.. Besides Evans isn't even a starter as of yet, many Rookies have to earn their "Stripes" on ST.

"Hey, I was always aggressive. I always had lots of energy, thats why my teammates on the Bills started calling me Juice" PLAYBOY Dec.'76

Comment

• The Spaz
        • Mar 2003

The difference is the coaching staff is expecting Evans to start right away wether they say that or not and him being injured playing that position would mess up the plans.

Comment

• casdhf
          • Jul 2002

By the sounds of it, he's earning a starting spot at WR.
          Originally posted by BillsZone Mod
          cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

Comment

• The Spaz
            • Mar 2003

Originally posted by casdhf
            By the sounds of it, he's earning a starting spot at WR.
            Correct and I'm happy.

Comment

• Michael82
              • Jul 2002

Nope, it's not true. They havent even tried him there in camp. The current KRs are Antonio Brown, who is getting every chance he can to keep his job, Josh Reed, and Terrence McGee also have a shot at taking the job. Or you might even see Ken Simonton use it as a way to keep his job.

Comment

• juice
                • Aug 2003

Originally posted by Mikey82
                Nope, it's not true. They havent even tried him there in camp. The current KRs are Antonio Brown, who is getting every chance he can to keep his job, Josh Reed, and Terrence McGee also have a shot at taking the job. Or you might even see Ken Simonton use it as a way to keep his job.
                Lee seems to be a more natural fit to help fix the lack of production in the return game.. World class speed as well as field vision.

Comment

• The Spaz
                  • Mar 2003

He's not goign to be a returner so just focus on who is. Hopefully Brown has a better year.

Comment

• Michael82
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by juice
                    Lee seems to be a more natural fit to help fix the lack of production in the return game.. World class speed as well as field vision.
                    If you want Evans to be your #2 receiver, you can't have him back there returning kicks. It gets tiring and is too risky too.

Comment

• juice
                      • Aug 2003

He's not goign to be a returner so just focus on who is. Hopefully Brown has a better year.
                      I lost hope in Brown last season.. He has NO field vision.

Originally posted by Mikey82
                      If you want Evans to be your #2 receiver, you can't have him back there returning kicks. It gets tiring and is too risky too.
                      I dont see the since in having your stud CB back there, but I'd rather see the Rook returning kicks over Clements.. Moulds did it.. and we have alot more recievers than Lock down Corners.

Like WM Evans hasn't proven he is a starter in this League.

Comment

• tampabay25690
                        • Feb 2004

I agree with you there, we should never use him as a kick returner
                        GO Gators!!!!!!
                        GO GATORS!!

Comment

• tampabay25690
                          • Feb 2004

If anyone I would like to see KR this year I would like to see Jonathon Smith the rookie, they have said that he is the best athlete ever to come out of G-Tech. I do remember seeing him play last year against FSU and the guy was a stud did everything, WR, RB, KR, PR........
                          GO Gators!!!!!!
                          GO GATORS!!

Comment

• socalfan
                            Old Fogey from Cali
                            • Feb 2003

You know, even OJ Simpson was a KR guy when he played in Buffalo. Why not a McGahee or a Evans?

Comment

• juice
                              • Aug 2003

Originally posted by socalfan
                              You know, even OJ Simpson was a KR guy when he played in Buffalo. Why not a McGahee or a Evans?
                              Why not? Its still the game of football why not let these Rookies earn some PT.

Originally posted by tampabay25690
                              If anyone I would like to see KR this year I would like to see Jonathon Smith the rookie, they have said that he is the best athlete ever to come out of G-Tech. I do remember seeing him play last year against FSU and the guy was a stud did everything, WR, RB, KR, PR........
                              I agree, this kid deserves a shot, but an Evans could change the outcome of a couple of games by changing Ave. possesion starting position from the 20 yd line to the 35 yd line.

Comment

Working...
                              X