PDA

View Full Version : Weds. Night Camp Observation.

justasportsfan
08-12-2004, 11:25 AM
Offense

Qb's:
Drew looked good for the most part hitting his recievers in stride and on the nos. There were a few overthrown passes but overall a great practice for him. If last night was any indication of how the season will turn out. We'll be fine.

Travis Brown: Make no mistake, he is our back-up and seems to be way ahead of Losman. He's had some pretty decent redzone passes to TE's for Td's. As far as I'm concerned, he's a younger Van Pelt. Deosn't seem to be a guy who we can depend on to win games for us, but should be a decent caretaker.

Losman: Raw. Very raw. Get's too excited that when he zips the ball he either over/under throws his receivers. One things I've noticed is that he is awsome at play action fakes. I sometimes couldn't tell if he had the ball and has often drawn the D towards him only to find out he no longer had the ball. A great skill that should benefit the running game if and when it confuses defenses. You think Flutie was a great scrambler? JP can take off. I'd still rather he fix his accuracy than scramble to avoid getting hit.

OL.- There were some breakdowns where either Drew and Brown would've been sacked. It's still a part of the team that isn't clear whether it's improved or not. I would tend to think , it's still a work in progress.

WR's:

Moulds- is back to his probowl form. Practices w/ enthusiasm and even when he's not on the field , he get's excited when a completion is made by the other wr's.

Evans- get's better and better. I'll say it now "Price who?"

Reed- I think he's ready to bounce back. He's made very impressive catches. Occasional drops but so did the other wr's but if you ask me, he should be ready to give headaches to D's and will be better than he was last year.

Aiken and Coleman- Aiken had a few decent catches but Coleman's hands seems to have glue and is having a great offseason. He was also throwing passes during wr's drill or warm-ups. Not bad. Could replace Drew in the future :snicker:

We do have depth here. As long as Moulds is in there, it really shouldn't matter whether Reed , Evans, Aiken, Coleman is no. 2 or 3 .

Rb:

Mcgahee -didn't really do as much compared to what was reported against the Browns scrimmage. Makes you wonder is he works harder during pressure or games i.e. Bruce Smith.

Henry- You can tell he's not ready to give up his position. He seems to be a lot faster than last year. Pracctices likes it's gameday.

DEFENSE:

Wire- He can definitely hit but doesn't seem to be arround the ball during passing situations. Don't really know what it is. He's been w/ the 2nd D more often than not in the 2 camps that I've been to.

Spikes- Just like Henry, no such thing as practice. Gives 100% and is pumped all the time.

I don't think we've missed a step. Vincent was in some great coverages. Can't tell for sure if Troy is an upgrade over Winfield in the tackling dept. but I'm pretty sure he has had better lockdown results compared to Winfield. Winfield IMO has had great tackling ability but the downside of it is that , the reciever has already made the catch. Vincent doesn't allow the completion in the first place.

Clements is solid and you can see he does stick out there as far cb's are concerned. If he's not in on every passing play, you know he's close by. This guy IMO is definitely going to be a better all around cb compared to Winfield.

D- in a nutshell should not lose a step compared to last year. It can only get better. Most of what could've been sack came from up the middle. Either our middle DL is good or we should have concerns about our inside OLinemen. It's hard to gauge until we play other teams.

O- Looks to be better than last year. There's been a lot of short passing plays rather than deep throws. A good sign that we are getting patient moving the ball steadily instead of trying to keep going for big plays like Gilbride is concerned. Once agin, can't really tell until we face other D's. Have we moved the ball against our D? Yes and no.

INXS. Sorry I couldn't get more detailed in terms of particular players. I was busy trying to get video shots w/ my digital camera so that I could post them here. Will need to upload them when I get home tonight and maybe send them to JJamez to post them????

THATHURMANATOR
08-12-2004, 11:27 AM
Thanks Justa
good report.

ZacGriffi~82
08-12-2004, 11:31 AM
So did moulds reinjure his groin?:D

ryven
08-12-2004, 11:32 AM
thx for the update

Novacane
08-12-2004, 11:33 AM
Fire Mikey and hire Justa :snicker:

BAM
08-12-2004, 11:34 AM
Sweet, thanks man.

juice
08-12-2004, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by justasportsfan

Evans- get's better and better. I'll say it now "Price who?"

Reed- I think he's ready to bounce back. He's made very impressive catches. Occasional drops but so did the other wr's but if you ask me, he should be ready to give headaches to D's and will be better than he was last year.

DEFENSE:

Wire- He can definitely hit but doesn't seem to be arround the ball during passing situations. Don't really know what it is. He's been w/ the 2nd D more often than not in the 2 camps that I've been to.

Price Who is what they said about Reed last year.

A nose for the ball and instincts have alot to do with playing DB.. It wont be an easy transition from LB to DB for Wire.

justasportsfan
08-12-2004, 12:03 PM
Originally posted by THATHURMANATOR
Thanks Justa
good report. liar.

I did get some sweet video shots. Where's JJamez?

mchurchfie
08-12-2004, 12:50 PM
Good report Justa!:up::10:

ryjam282
08-12-2004, 12:55 PM
Nice report.....Maybe you will find that missing Spikes jersey at the next practice huh :snicker:

jbisset
08-12-2004, 03:32 PM
Great report....any status on DE?

The Spaz
08-12-2004, 03:38 PM
Great report. PM JJ and try and get these things edited for our viewing pleasure.:up::beers: No presure JJ I know you bust your ass for this site.

justasportsfan
08-12-2004, 03:39 PM
Originally posted by jbisset
Great report....any status on DE?

That would be Mikey's area. He had more time to concentrate on certain aspects of the practice. I just tried to get as much video as I could w/ a digital cam. Not very easy to do. That plus having to run back and forth trying to get ryjam's jersey signed that I lost :wail:

I did however get to talk to Kelsay. Last year at camp I told him to sack the hell out of Fiedler. Everyone laughed then.

I told him the same thing and he said "with the little time I got, I'm sure I tried" . I told him he was excused because he was a rookie then, this time he better get a few but it might be Feely which should be easier because he's not as mobile as Fiedler. Wierd saying that since Feely is more aerodynamic.

THATHURMANATOR
08-12-2004, 03:43 PM
liar.

I did get some sweet video shots. Where's JJamez?

Busted...

Crappy report. waste of my time to read.

justasportsfan
08-12-2004, 03:47 PM
Originally posted by THATHURMANATOR
Crappy report. waste of my time to read. you do have a point I hope.

THATHURMANATOR
08-12-2004, 03:49 PM
you do have a point I hope.

???

Jan Reimers
08-12-2004, 07:36 PM
Thanks for the report, Justa. It's nice to hear some positive stuff. If our O line can just get decent, we'll be a good football team.

Michael82
08-12-2004, 07:42 PM
Originally posted by Fairway To Green
Fire Mikey and hire Justa :snicker:

Sounds good to me. Then I can finally get some must-needed sleep. :snicker: :z: :z: :z:

Michael82
08-12-2004, 08:05 PM
Originally posted by ryjam282
Nice report.....Maybe you will find that missing Spikes jersey at the next practice huh :snicker:

:snicker:

I carried it around for a week and a half and never lost it. Justasportsfan carries it for 1 day and loses it. :snicker:

:lolpoint: justasportsfan