PDA

View Full Version : A request.....

Buffatexas
08-12-2004, 08:11 PM
Fellow Bills Fans,
Sorry, not a Bills related subject but I am asking for a favor. We, here in Tampa Bay are facing Hurricane Charley hitting us within the next 24 hours. Please send your prayers/well wishes. I think that we are going to need them.

Thanks and Go Bills!!!

lunatic_bills_fan
08-12-2004, 08:12 PM
God Bless my friend, stay safe.

Philagape
08-12-2004, 08:14 PM
My mom's in Clearwater along with other family nearby, so it's in my prayers

Billsouth
08-12-2004, 08:15 PM
you certainly have my thoughts and prayers.

do u plan on evacuating in the next 24 hours.

Dozerdog
08-12-2004, 08:16 PM
:pray:

DraftBoy
08-12-2004, 08:20 PM
May god watch over you all

Buffatexas
08-12-2004, 08:31 PM
Thanks folks, no I am not leaving, I live on a hill (yes those DO exist in Florida) now if the police come a'knockin then I may have no choice but we are not zoned to evacuate yet.

casdhf
08-12-2004, 08:57 PM
May allah spare your christian souls.

Mr. Cynical
08-12-2004, 09:07 PM
Stay strong. :up:

kardshark19
08-12-2004, 09:42 PM
Prayers going to you and everyone in the surrounding areas.

juice
08-12-2004, 09:43 PM
Down here in Hurricane alley, NC SC coastal area I can relate, but there is a Huge difference when you get tossed by 2 storms Back to back and that is the storm surge.

I sure hope you aren't anywhere near an area that floods, because the first storm will saturate the earth and the second will cause everything to flood.

Hurricane Floyd came through here with another minor Hurricane and it ended up being one of the most costly storms in history, the Floodwater didn't subside for 2 weeks and power was out for an entire week. No pwr, no toilets no nothing. I hope you have a generator if your riding this one out.

Good luck Bro.

Billsouth
08-12-2004, 09:49 PM
Originally posted by casdhf
May allah spare your christian souls.

we need no sparing as jesus died for our sins.

u my friend need to do some soul searching as ur faith is misguided and may lead you to eternal darkness. please dont let that happen.

with all due respect i place allah below the tooth fairy but above the groundhog who determines if there will be 6 more weeks of winter.

juice
08-12-2004, 09:58 PM
Originally posted by Billsouth

u my friend need to do some soul searching as ur faith is misguided and may lead you to eternal darkness. please dont let that happen.

with all due respect i place allah below the tooth fairy but above the groundhog who determines if there will be 6 more weeks of winter.

What is this "My God is Better than Your God"

Charlieguide
08-12-2004, 10:37 PM
Originally posted by Billsouth

Woah, man, take it easy there! Absolutely uncalled for and utterly disrespectful; if you believe in the teachings of Jesus, you should understand that you are contributing to exactly the type of persecution He strove to overcome.

Any person with faith enough to wish others well by it deserves tolerance if not respect.

Charlieguide
08-12-2004, 10:38 PM
Best of luck and God bless, Tex. Play it smart down there.

:up:

SABURZFAN
08-12-2004, 10:47 PM
Originally posted by juice
Down here in Hurricane alley, NC SC coastal area I can relate, but there is a Huge difference when you get tossed by 2 storms Back to back and that is the storm surge.

I sure hope you aren't anywhere near an area that floods, because the first storm will saturate the earth and the second will cause everything to flood.

Hurricane Floyd came through here with another minor Hurricane and it ended up being one of the most costly storms in history, the Floodwater didn't subside for 2 weeks and power was out for an entire week. No pwr, no toilets no nothing. I hope you have a generator if your riding this one out.

Good luck Bro.

i'd rather deal with the storms in Hurricane Alley than mess with an angry Sabre Ally.;)

TigerJ
08-12-2004, 11:02 PM
Don't do anything foolish. May God protect you.

Jan Reimers
08-13-2004, 03:19 AM
As a resident of North Carolina's Outer Banks, I know what you are going through. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

BAM
08-13-2004, 06:25 AM
Good luck brother I hope all is well! :pray:

BTW Jah would beat the **** out of Allah :up:

:snicker:

TheGhostofJimKelly
08-13-2004, 06:27 AM
What is my god is hurricane Charley?

shelby
08-13-2004, 06:46 AM
i bought a case of beer. Should be a fun night.:eek:
:D

BAM
08-13-2004, 06:49 AM
Originally posted by shelby
i bought a case of beer. Should be a fun night.:eek:
:D

http://pages.prodigy.net/rogerlori1/emoticons/EEK2.GIF Hi :)

shelby
08-13-2004, 06:53 AM
;) Got a new computer finally.

Did i miss anything?:ontome:

btw....here's more about Charley (http://www.weather.com/newscenter/topstories/040812stormsummary.html?from=weathercenter)

BAM
08-13-2004, 06:56 AM
Nah not really. :D

Welcome back though! Just in time for the season :up:.

Hey, I hope everything goes well for you guys down there, my friend in Tampa called me last night and was buggin out!

helmetguy
08-13-2004, 08:00 AM
Good luck and stay safe.

BTW, welcome back, Shelby!

Buffatexas
08-13-2004, 09:42 PM
Well, looks like your well wishes and prayers worked, Tampa Bay is in the clear!!...Thanks again!!!!