PDA

View Full Version : Bills' McGahee takes return in stride

The Spaz
08-13-2004, 12:00 AM
Running back Willis McGahee snaps his fingers. That quickly, a devastating football injury can occur. That quickly, a potentially brilliant career can be threatened. He snaps from experience.

The resilient running back will see his first game action in 19 months when he plays for the Buffalo Bills in their preseason opener against visiting Denver on Sunday night.

"I'll just be calm going into it," McGahee says, "and let it all go on the field."

That is his way, to let it all go.

That was his way when he lined up for Miami (Fla.) against Ohio State in the 2003 Fiesta Bowl with the national championship at stake. That was his way when he planted his left leg on a fourth-quarter pass play and looked to break off a big gainer.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/bills/2004-08-12-mcgahee_x.htm

Tatonka
08-13-2004, 01:11 AM
anyone notice this?

i am telling you.. if WM steals henry's carries.. it is going to get very very ugly.

Henry wants showcase

Travis Henry says he will ask to be traded if he is supplanted by Willis McGahee as the Buffalo Bills' featured running back.
"If it comes to that, and they want to go in that direction, yeah, I would want to go elsewhere," Henry told USA TODAY after a recent practice at St. John Fisher College.

Henry, 25, ranks fourth on Buffalo's all-time rushing list with 3,523 yards after only three seasons.

He has surpassed 1,000 yards each of the last two years.

Although new coach Mike Mularkey assured him that he remains the starter, he is concerned that McGahee's comeback may ultimately reduce his opportunities and effectiveness.

"Backs split time in high school and college," Henry says. "At this level, if you've got a feature back, you let him run. You let him do what he does.

"You get three plays; he gets three plays. Nah. You can't get into a rhythm like that."

bills_7
08-13-2004, 02:26 AM
This will still be henry's yr... 3rd down we will see alot of McGahee and he will also be used to create confusion in different situations... this will be a big learning yr for him and hopefully he will be able to take over the #1 spot nxt season.... I dont see henry staying unless somehow he runs ovr 1500 yrs..... which will be hard seeing how McGahee will be takin some of his carrys away