• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mr. Miyagi
    Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

ESPN Training Camp report

The Bills have QB Drew Bledsoe working on quicker drops and releases in an effort to rediscover his touch.

PITTSFORD, N.Y. -- On the opening play of the "team" segment of Wednesday night's practice, Drew Bledsoe sneaked a peek to his right, read his pass progressions across the field, and then dropped a magnificently lobbed 50-yard bomb down the left sideline and over the shoulder of wide receiver Eric Moulds.

A play later, Bledsoe bootlegged to his right, and rifled a completion in the short hook zone to the tight end. Three snaps after that, following a couple of Travis Henry runs, he connected on a slant to rookie wideout and first-round draft pick Lee Evans.
  • BAM
    • Sep 2003

Comment

• Earthquake Enyart
      Legendary Zoner
      • Jul 2002

Indeed, Bledsoe seems to have unburdened himself mentally, and physically, too. His hair is close-cropped now, creating a silhouette in which his features appear far more angular, almost hawkish. And while Bledsoe claimed to have dropped just four pounds -- to a weight that represents his lowest since his freshman year at Washington State -- the perception is that the dropoff is more pronounced.

Bledsoe isn't going to win many 40-yard dashes, and whatever quickness he gained is incremental, for sure. That said, he appears more nimble in and out of the pocket, likely because this offense is crisper, and emphasizes unloading the ball in under four seconds. The staff has installed a timer on the field, which blares an ear-splitting report at four seconds, if the Bills quarterbacks haven't gotten rid of the ball by then. The horn did not sound a single time, at least during Bledsoe's snaps, on Wednesday night.

I'm gonna come out and say it. Drew is gonna have a big year. I'm on the bandwagon.

Comment

• TigerJ
        • Jul 2002

Nice find! And congratulations on the decision to quit smoking. Keep that streak ( of smoke free days) going.
        I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• The Spaz
          • Mar 2003

Good to hear. Someone will turn this thread into a bashing thread though.

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
            Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Originally posted by Earthquake Enyart
            I'm gonna come out and say it. Drew is gonna have a big year. I'm on the bandwagon.
            Shhhhh..................don't tell anyone. I'd rather be a quiet underdog.

Comment

• juice
              • Aug 2003

Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi
              Shhhhh..................don't tell anyone. I'd rather be a quiet underdog.
              What about the Line, I would love to agree but it seems like the Line will once again be this teams downfall, and effectivly end Bledsoe's career.

Do we have the weapons, YES but do we have the Line, No. The FO staff failed to address our Line Issues especially with the situation with R. Brown, His release left a Huge Void that we have yet to resolve, except to say that "It's Whoever's job to Loose".

We're talking The LG position, Protecter of Bledsoe's Blind side.. This staff has set this offense up to fail unless we show that we can be a RUN FIRST team.

"Hey, I was always aggressive. I always had lots of energy, thats why my teammates on the Bills started calling me Juice" PLAYBOY Dec.'76

Comment

• BAM
                • Sep 2003

It's amazing how you can judge the line one way or the other after not even two weeks of camp and 1 scrimmage game...

Comment

• BAM
                  • Sep 2003

and Ruben sucks dude. If anything we'll be better now that that holding, jumping offsides fool is gone. That man was a joke the last couple years

Comment

• juice
                    • Aug 2003

Originally posted by BAM
                    It's amazing how you can judge the line one way or the other after not even two weeks of camp and 1 scrimmage game...
                    Just take a look at the Injury Report and then goto the Depth Chart.

"Hey, I was always aggressive. I always had lots of energy, thats why my teammates on the Bills started calling me Juice" PLAYBOY Dec.'76

Comment

• BAM
                      • Sep 2003

been there. minor injuries and I am not going to place judgement on the new starters untill I see them in gametime action.

Comment

• juice
                        • Aug 2003

Originally posted by BAM
                        and Ruben sucks dude. If anything we'll be better now that that holding, jumping offsides fool is gone. That man was a joke the last couple years
                        So Pusscillo is Good and will be as solid a Run Blocker as Ruebon.. Is that your opinion or does it seem like the LG, C and RT positions are all big Question Marks? Dude?

Comment

• zone
                          No, look. I do mind. The Dude minds.
                          • Oct 2003

Originally posted by BAM
                          I agree!
                          www.blzbus.com

Comment

• BAM
                            • Sep 2003

I'm not saying that either. I'll let you know my opinion on them once I see them in a game. At least give them that long before you give up on the season.

Comment

• juice
                              • Aug 2003

Originally posted by juice
                              unless we show that we can be a RUN FIRST team.
                              Is that not enough optimism for you, We have Two 1000 yd backs in the Backfield, Who said anything about Giving Up? Just dont sit Bledsoe back there with Pusscillo or Russ Pucker protecting his blind side and think Moulds will be getting any deep bombs.

I was posting on the subject of Bledsoe having a big year that ANOTHER poster bought up.
                              Originally posted by Earthquake Enyart

Comment

Working...
                              X