PDA

View Full Version : Speaking of Drew

Bill Brasky
08-13-2004, 02:35 PM
All you bashers out there, I pose this to you -- what's our next best option? Say Drew goes down this year, how well do you think we're going to do with Losman, or even Travis Brown.

IMO, our only shot at the playoffs is through Drew. If he gets injured our season is over.

Crisis
08-13-2004, 02:36 PM
Another question...

Would Jeff Blake of been a better option than Bledsoe?

The Spaz
08-13-2004, 02:37 PM
Originally posted by Crisis
Another question...

Where is Jeff Blake now?

bills_7
08-13-2004, 02:37 PM
Another question...

No

but Couch would of been:D

Crisis
08-13-2004, 02:38 PM
I think he's in Philly, or applying for a job in McDonalds.

The Spaz
08-13-2004, 02:39 PM
I think he's in Philly, or applying for a job in McDonalds.

Exactly.

Crisis
08-13-2004, 02:42 PM
Originally posted by bills_7
No

Couch was never an option, IMO. Besides, Couch is a Bledsoe with a weaker arm. I think we would've drafted Harrington if Detroit didn't take him, though. Who knows how he would've turned out with Moulds and Price.

I, for one, am glad we have Bledsoe. He was a much better option than the garbage in FA lately.

THATHURMANATOR
08-13-2004, 02:50 PM
Another question...

WYS is that you?

I'M A BELIEVER
08-13-2004, 02:55 PM
I think if Drew makes it through 7-9 games and we are over 500, and then gets injured......Losman could take you the rest of the way.....I think he can pick up the playbook by then....and I think he has the athletic ability to do a passable job.....assuming the rest of the team stays intact (we would need Henry and Moulds 100% healthy for sure).

If Drew is hurt before week 4.....well, make a trade for a QB cause Losman too green and TB just plain sucks....heck I would even rather have Brian Griese at the helm....that is saying alot!

Crisis
08-13-2004, 02:56 PM
Originally posted by THATHURMANATOR
WYS is that you?

I never wanted Jeff Blake, I was just seeing what the Bledsoe-Haters other options would of been.

justasportsfan
08-13-2004, 03:00 PM
Originally posted by I'M A BELIEVER
I think if Drew makes it through 7-9 games and we are over 500, and then gets injured......Losman could take you the rest of the way.....I think he can pick up the playbook by then....and I think he has the athletic ability to do a passable job.....assuming the rest of the team stays intact (we would need Henry and Moulds 100% healthy for sure).

If Drew is hurt before week 4.....well, make a trade for a QB cause Losman too green and TB just plain sucks....heck I would even rather have Brian Griese at the helm....that is saying alot! We are better off w/ Brown. From the looks of it, Losman just isn't ready.

THATHURMANATOR
08-13-2004, 03:03 PM
I never wanted Jeff Blake, I was just seeing what the Bledsoe-Haters other options would of been.

Well Jeff Blake would have come much cheaper that is for sure.

The_Philster
08-13-2004, 04:38 PM
:D
Originally posted by bills_7
No

Seek help :coocoo:

SABURZFAN
08-13-2004, 06:10 PM
I, for one, am glad we have Bledsoe. He was a much better option than the garbage in FA lately.

Originally posted by THATHURMANATOR
WYS is that you?

nope

Mr. Cynical
08-13-2004, 06:20 PM
:gag:

Tatonka
08-14-2004, 01:33 AM
Originally posted by jfreeman
IMO, our only shot at the playoffs is through Drew. If he gets injured our season is over.

drew may be the best shot at getting to the playoffs, as far as the qbs on our roster right now.. no debate there..

but we will never win the superbowl with him, unless he drastically changes his history of big game performances that he has. and it is not like this is a short history.. it is 11 years for god sakes.

Mr. Cynical
08-14-2004, 01:39 AM
:gag:

Bill Brasky
08-14-2004, 01:39 AM
I'll give you that, but he also played some pretty damn good teams in the playoffs, including the Packers in the Super Bowl. Keep in mind he also helped rebuild a really ****ty franchise that sucked when he was drafted.

When he got them past Pitt a few years ago after Brady went down shows he can win in big situations if he has a good team around him... Pitt was no pushover that year.

I have confidence in Bledsoe until he proves me wrong. Last year he had a lot of things working against him.