PDA

View Full Version : Travis Henry....

Bill Brasky
08-14-2004, 02:08 AM
Taken from the Bills section on ESPN.com

Despite the national headlines that tailback Willis McGahee scored by netting four short-yardage touchdowns in a recent scrimmage against Cleveland, the former Miami Hurricanes star still has some rust to knock off. The suggestions that he might budge Henry from the starting tailback spot? Ignore them for now. Team officials feel that McGahee will be back to the form he exhibited prior to his catastrophic knee injury by around October. Which isn't to say he won't play until then. McGahee will get some "touches" early on, but Henry remains the workhorse of the running game. And even on Wednesday night, there was still some evidence of McGahee rust, notably in a live, goal-line session. McGahee found the off-tackle hole jammed, tried to bounce the play around right end, and was buried in the backfield. The sentiment here is that he is still going to be a big-time back, but that Henry already is at that level. For whatever reason, Henry doesn't get nearly the national props he deserves. But the former Tennessee star, a compact runner with some slashing tendencies, is a heck of a runner.

helmetguy
08-14-2004, 02:42 AM
Now, it's up to Henry to confirm it; which I think he will, given how he fought through injury to be the lone bright spot in an otherwise moribund offense last year. If he sulks, then he only hurts himself; both with his future in Buffalo and with his value as trade bait/future free agency. From what we've seen over the past two years, Henry impresses me as the kind of "I'll show YOU," type of player.

"AYO! I just put up 160 yards and two TD's on your sorry assses...with a busted leg!"

Jan Reimers
08-14-2004, 06:56 AM
I love Henry's "I'll show you" attitude and expect him to have a great season. Willis will have to prove himself a superior player to take over as the feature RB - Travis will not give it up easily.

Their competition should give us an awesome running attack.

Bill Brasky
08-14-2004, 11:36 AM
I just think it's stupid that some people want to trade him given how Willis played in COLLEGE. Henry has been nothing but reliable, not to mention a great team player, and trading him and banking on an unproven guy is moronic.

The_Philster
08-14-2004, 11:37 AM
:10: jfreeman

elltrain22
08-14-2004, 11:40 AM
this is already turning into a very big distraction, which cannot ever be good at all.

BAM
08-14-2004, 12:28 PM
It's not a distraction according to the latest edition of Bills Digest...

A couple quotes from the article:

"We're cool. We've always been cool, to set the record straight."
~ Henry

"We go to clubs together, we go out together. It's common sense. We both play the same position so we're going to have to talk. We're going to get close. There was no beef from the beginning."
~ McGahee

"I'm leading him three games to one in NBA Live on Playstation"
~ McGahee

"I'm not that much older than him. I just want to show him the ropes and what not to do because I've been in some situations he can learn from. I think he's in a good position coming in, being a young running back ahd having somebody of my caliber to look at - and for me, competion - it always makes you better. I just want to be a role model for him, to show him the ropes for when he reaches that status of star running back."
~ Henry

" Yeah I was mad. I'm human. I had questions. I had doubts, but I've grown to understand the situation...I can only control what I do on a football field and how I carry myself in public as an individual. If I do that, everything else will play out. It's never been about me not liking him. He's cool."
~ Henry

Good article. :up:

superbills
08-14-2004, 01:49 PM
Originally posted by BAM
It's not a distraction according to the latest edition of Bills Digest...

A couple quotes from the article:

"We're cool. We've always been cool, to set the record straight."
~ Henry

"We go to clubs together, we go out together. It's common sense. We both play the same position so we're going to have to talk. We're going to get close. There was no beef from the beginning."
~ McGahee

"I'm leading him three games to one in NBA Live on Playstation"
~ McGahee

"I'm not that much older than him. I just want to show him the ropes and what not to do because I've been in some situations he can learn from. I think he's in a good position coming in, being a young running back ahd having somebody of my caliber to look at - and for me, competion - it always makes you better. I just want to be a role model for him, to show him the ropes for when he reaches that status of star running back."
~ Henry

" Yeah I was mad. I'm human. I had questions. I had doubts, but I've grown to understand the situation...I can only control what I do on a football field and how I carry myself in public as an individual. If I do that, everything else will play out. It's never been about me not liking him. He's cool."
~ Henry

Good article. :up:

That is a good article. They are both class acts, they will both be superstars in this league, and it's too bad we connot keep both of them on the roster forever.

Luisito23
08-14-2004, 02:08 PM
Is like buying a new mustang while borrowing a 77 one , u love both but soon u know you'll only be left with 1...
GO BILLS!!!!

Jan Reimers
08-14-2004, 04:49 PM
Originally posted by jfreeman
I just think it's stupid that some people want to trade him given how Willis played in COLLEGE. Henry has been nothing but reliable, not to mention a great team player, and trading him and banking on an unproven guy is moronic.

Great post. I agree completely. It's mostly the media and a few misguided posters that are perpetuating this thing.