X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The_Philster
    • Jul 2002

Bills: Lawton uses power to pound defenses

Luke Lawton used to think, or at least hope, that he could someday be just like Barry Sanders.
    You know, that dazzling , electrifying, unstoppable running back who terrorized defenses every time he touched the ball.

At 5 feet 11, Lawton was well aware that he wasn't exactly large by NFL tailback standards, so he'd have to outrun and out-juke the tacklers.

Problem was, he wasn't exactly quick, either. Or nimble. Or elusive. So much for being a Barry Sanders clone.
    ...more
    The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!
  • Jan Reimers
    Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
    • May 2003

The more I see and hear about this kid, the better I like him. I think he'll be our backup FB, and probably a good special teamer.
    Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• The Spaz
      • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
      The more I see and hear about this kid, the better I like him. I think he'll be our backup FB, and probably a good special teamer.
      I think he could be a very good special teams guy too.

Comment

• chubluv
        BillsZone bowling team MVP
        • Jan 2003

I hope he makes the team he seems like a good person when I talked to him at camp thursday when he stopped and signed my nephews autograph book.

We are in 5th place
        Clump is on the IR
        Chubluv average is 167
        Yaz average is 179[/B]

BDZ
        Become a member of BDZ !!!!

Comment

• casdhf
          • Jul 2002

Practice Squad.
          Originally posted by BillsZone Mod
          cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

Comment

• TigerJ
            • Jul 2002

It's simple. If the Bills carry two fullbacks he'll make the team if they carry one and have Ryan Neufeld do douple duty (TE/HB and FB) he won't, though he may still make the practice squad.
            I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
              • May 2003

Originally posted by casdhf
              Practice Squad.
              I think Lawton makes the roster, unless the coaching staff feels comfortable enough with Neufeld and/or Euhus at H-back that we only go with one FB, Shelton. Burns - who has been moved to FB - may be toast because of his prolonged injury absence.
              Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• casdhf
                • Jul 2002

I thought his injury was not serious?
                Originally posted by BillsZone Mod
                cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                  • May 2003

Originally posted by casdhf
                  I thought his injury was not serious?
                  It's just a high ankle sprain, but it looks like he might have missed enough time already to be well behind Lawton.

Comment

Working...
                  X