PDA

View Full Version : Bills: Lawton uses power to pound defenses

The_Philster
08-14-2004, 04:50 AM
Luke Lawton used to think, or at least hope, that he could someday be just like Barry Sanders.
You know, that dazzling , electrifying, unstoppable running back who terrorized defenses every time he touched the ball.

At 5 feet 11, Lawton was well aware that he wasn't exactly large by NFL tailback standards, so he'd have to outrun and out-juke the tacklers.

Problem was, he wasn't exactly quick, either. Or nimble. Or elusive. So much for being a Barry Sanders clone....more (http://www.democratandchronicle.com/sports/bills/08147C57RJ6_sports.shtml)

Jan Reimers
08-14-2004, 06:30 AM
The more I see and hear about this kid, the better I like him. I think he'll be our backup FB, and probably a good special teamer.

The Spaz
08-14-2004, 08:17 AM
Originally posted by Jan Reimers
The more I see and hear about this kid, the better I like him. I think he'll be our backup FB, and probably a good special teamer.

I think he could be a very good special teams guy too.

chubluv
08-14-2004, 08:43 AM
I hope he makes the team he seems like a good person when I talked to him at camp thursday when he stopped and signed my nephews autograph book.

casdhf
08-14-2004, 09:18 AM
Practice Squad.

TigerJ
08-14-2004, 09:21 AM
It's simple. If the Bills carry two fullbacks he'll make the team if they carry one and have Ryan Neufeld do douple duty (TE/HB and FB) he won't, though he may still make the practice squad.

Jan Reimers
08-14-2004, 09:27 AM
Originally posted by casdhf
Practice Squad.

I think Lawton makes the roster, unless the coaching staff feels comfortable enough with Neufeld and/or Euhus at H-back that we only go with one FB, Shelton. Burns - who has been moved to FB - may be toast because of his prolonged injury absence.

casdhf
08-14-2004, 09:33 AM
I thought his injury was not serious?

Jan Reimers
08-14-2004, 09:48 AM
Originally posted by casdhf
I thought his injury was not serious?

It's just a high ankle sprain, but it looks like he might have missed enough time already to be well behind Lawton.