PDA

View Full Version : Miller a stand-up guy at induction

The_Philster
08-14-2004, 10:59 AM
He may not have been the biggest name at last Saturday night's Hall of Fame dinner in Canton, Ohio, but before he was done talking Van Miller had made quite a name for himself.
Miller was given a two-minute warning before he became the first local broadcaster to accept the Pete Rozelle Award for exceptional longtime contributions to radio and television in pro football. He supposedly had two minutes to talk before an audience of 4,000....more (http://www.buffalonews.com/editorial/20040814/1003140.asp)

By the way, Criqui and Tasker have been assigned to cover the Bills' regular-season opener with visiting Jacksonville on Sept. 12.

Michael82
08-14-2004, 09:11 PM
Originally posted by The_Philster
By the way, Criqui and Tasker have been assigned to cover the Bills' regular-season opener with visiting Jacksonville on Sept. 12.

Sweet! I love that Tasker and Criqui will be covering the opener. :up:

The Spaz
08-14-2004, 09:37 PM
I liked Van but it was definitley time for him to go it was gettign to the point where he would ask Murphy every play "what down is it who made that play". I'm pretty excited about Van Pelt and John Murphy in the booth this year.:up::beers: