X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The_Philster
    • Jul 2002

Bledsoe gets clocked for making late deliveries

The Buffalo Bills are hoping an investment of less than $50 will help reprogram the clock inside the head of quarterback Drew Bledsoe this season.
    The Bills have been holding a simple alarm clock behind the passing pocket of Bledsoe during practice sessions all through the minicamps this spring and training camp this summer. At precisely four seconds after the snap of the ball, the clock goes off. By that point, Bledsoe is supposed to have unloaded the ball, if not to a receiver downfield then to a running back coming out of the backfield.
    ...more
    The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!
  • ScottLawrence
    • Jan 2004

It really helped him in New England.

Waste of time.
    You're right, I am a coward! I haven't any courage at all. I even scare myself.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
      Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
      • May 2003

Originally posted by ScottLawrence
      It really helped him in New England.

Waste of time.
      I think it will help. But the Bledsoe Bashers Club will never see anything positive regarding Drew.
      Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• SABURZFAN
        short bus extraordinaire
        • Jul 2002

Re: Bledsoe gets clocked for making late deliveries

Originally posted by The_Philster
        [i]The Buffalo Bills are hoping an investment of less than $50 will help reprogram the clock inside the head of quarterback Drew Bledsoe this season.
        The Bills have been holding a simple alarm clock behind the passing pocket of Bledsoe during practice sessions all through the minicamps this spring and training camp this summer. At precisely four seconds after the snap of the ball, the clock goes off. By that point, Bledsoe is supposed to have unloaded the ball, if not to a receiver downfield then to a running back coming out of the backfield.

if this works,mcgahee should have a lot of receptions.his speed could turn nothing into something.
        Originally posted by yordad
        Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• Mr. Cynical
          Maybe?
          • Oct 2003

The 4 sec alarm clock

I really like what I'm hearing from Wyche and Mularkey. Not sure if it can work with Drew, but I like their ingenuity and attitude. Worse case scenario it doesn't work with Drew but helps JP.

Wyche:

"The focus or mission was that when that primary receiver is covered, and they've memorized who that should be, that he immediately has instant recall of who to go to with the ball to save the sack," said quarterbacks coach Sam Wyche. "Instead of seeing someone covered and searching for a receiver, he's going right now to somebody. And if that guy by design is not there, he's got a guaranteed layoff. He's working at it and doing well."

Mularkey:

Even when the quarterbacks are throwing out patterns to receivers with no defenders in the drill, they're required to drop back at full speed and deliver the ball as if it's live action.

"Absolutely," said Mularkey. "It's about conditioning the mind to do it so it's not just being talked about and preached all the time. It just naturally happens. On runs, too. You watch them on runs and they carry out the fake better than I think anybody in the league, because if we can hold somebody for a second that's one second less than that defender gets to the ball.

"We're on them constantly. Even in the walk-through period yesterday, I told Drew, "That's a great job.' "

Bledsoe:

"I've done it before - I had it in New England one of the years there," Bledsoe said.

I bet that was between '96-'98.
          Last edited by Mr. Cynical; 08-14-2004, 08:24 PM.

Comment

• Michael82
            • Jul 2002

It just seems so obvious that it makes you wonder WTF the Bills coaching staff didn't do it last year?

Gregg Williams
            Kevin Gilbride

Comment

• The_Philster
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Mikey82
              It just seems so obvious that it makes you wonder WTF the Bills coaching staff didn't do it last year?

Gregg Williams
              Kevin Gilbride
              Two reasons:
              They were idiots
              Gilbride's offense takes more than 4 seconds to make a play with all the extra reads in it.
              The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

Working...
              X