PDA

View Full Version : ready for the bills and broncos game?

thebuffalobills4
08-14-2004, 03:54 PM
i am and i hope we get revage from that 28-23 loss.in 2002.http://www.buffalobills.com/photos/dbledsoe922_pg.jpg

Halbert
08-14-2004, 04:16 PM
Is the game on any local (Rochester) channels? How about cable?

thebuffalobills4
08-14-2004, 04:16 PM
hello anybody home???:confused2 :gossip: :idea: :injured: :drunks: :coffee: :couch:

thebuffalobills4
08-14-2004, 04:17 PM
Originally posted by thebuffalobills4
i am and i hope we get revage from that 28-23 loss.in 2002.http://www.buffalobills.com/photos/dbledsoe922_pg.jpg its on nfl net work.but since your close to buffalo
they''ll show it.;)

BillyT92679
08-14-2004, 04:20 PM
its on nfl net work.but since your close to buffalo
they''ll show it.;)

Not live, but it will be on WKBW in Buffalo, WOKR in Rochester, and WIXT in Syracuse, on MONDAY night at 8 PM.

juice
08-14-2004, 04:21 PM
Originally posted by BillyT92679
Not live, but it will be on WKBW in Buffalo, WOKR in Rochester, and WIXT in Syracuse, on MONDAY night at 8 PM.

Will it be on NFL network live?

Jan Reimers
08-14-2004, 04:23 PM
its on nfl net work.but since your close to buffalo
they''ll show it.;)

Won't it be subject to blackout in the Buffalo area? Rochester must be right on the blackout border.

Jan Reimers
08-14-2004, 04:24 PM
Originally posted by juice
Will it be on NFL network live?

YES!!!!!

Halbert
08-14-2004, 04:24 PM
Thanks. You are the man.

Halbert
08-14-2004, 04:26 PM
Originally posted by Jan Reimers
Won't it be subject to blackout in the Buffalo area? Rochester must be right on the blackout border.
Oh Rochester is in the blackout zone all right. And thanks to a little 3/4 mile strip East of Rochester, so is all of Syracuse and most of the towns south/southeast of Rochester. The Bills are a good franchise and have the right to make money, but that little technicality was completely bogus.

BillyT92679
08-14-2004, 04:28 PM
Originally posted by Halbert
Thanks. You are the man.

My pleasure to help!

BillyT92679
08-14-2004, 04:32 PM
Oh Rochester is in the blackout zone all right. And thanks to a little 3/4 mile strip East of Rochester, so is all of Syracuse and most of the towns south/southeast of Rochester. The Bills are a good franchise and have the right to make money, but that little technicality was completely bogus.

Syracuse being blacked out is a relatively recent phenonmenon. (I had already moved to Rochester a year earlier in 1997.) When CBS took over the AFC rights in 1998, WTVH 5 became the de facto Syracuse Bills station. Channel 5's signal is somewhat stronger than WSTM-3's (NBC) signal strength. About 5 houses in Yates County received Channel 5 and were within 75 miles of the center of Rich Stadium (kid you not)... and because of that little strip of land, all of Syracuse AND Utica-Rome, since Channel 5 on cable is the only CBS affiliate in Utica, were blacked-out. I grew up in CNY and got to watch all the games on tv, so I was lucky enough to watch the Comeback game live on Channel 3.

thebuffalobills4
08-14-2004, 04:33 PM
there going to show it on local tv if you live in buffalo,and i guest
rockchester.:pow: http://www.black-sabbath.com/images/bandpics/bandozfest04.jpg i wish buffalo had a black sabbath concert in the season opener.:D

Jan Reimers
08-14-2004, 04:39 PM

Yeah, I remember the Syracuse blackout thing. Rochester I can understand, but Syracuse is a good 135 miles away from Buffalo (at least driving distance.)That's really stretching the 75 mile blackout area, even as the crow flies.

BillyT92679
08-14-2004, 05:02 PM
Originally posted by Jan Reimers
Yeah, I remember the Syracuse blackout thing. Rochester I can understand, but Syracuse is a good 135 miles away from Buffalo (at least driving distance.)That's really stretching the 75 mile blackout area, even as the crow flies.

Really unfortunate too, everybody knows about Buffalo/Niagara, Rochester, and Southern Ontario being great Bills bastions, but the Syracuse area is mostly Bills country too. And Utica-Rome is a good 50-50 split Bills and Giants fans. Only when you go really east to the Capital District do you get fewer Bills fans and more Jets, Pats, and especially Giants fans

Halbert
08-14-2004, 06:04 PM
Well I saw it as a slap in the face to Bills fans and at least partially I still do.

In fact, if it wasn't for the ever present risk of the team leaving I'd be pissed. It is taking advantage but that advantage seems less unfair knowing it might be helping keep the Bills in the area.

The question is whether it makes that much of an impact on attendance and whether they could be losing an long term opportunity to create new fans that see more wins in the televised home games. I've never heard a decisive argument on that point so for the time being I give the benefit of the doubt to the Bills.

BillsRockSOMUCH
08-14-2004, 06:08 PM
I can't wait to see Losman, McGahee, and Evans

Halbert
08-14-2004, 06:12 PM
Syracuse being blacked out is a relatively recent phenonmenon.
Ain't that the truth.

I used to drive East for 15 minutes and watch the games in bars. It was a great Sunday afternoon, watching the games with other fans, making new friends. I still go out and watch the games once in a while but that sort of forced me out there. It was fun.

For me personally, I don't go to any more games than I normally would when they're not televised. I go to 1-4 games per year and about half the playoff games. For years I would go to almost all of them, including having seasons for like 6 years, all the SB plus the two before that. If I want to see a game I see a game.

I hope they change it back someday but I'm not holding my breath.

BillyT92679
08-14-2004, 10:24 PM
Ain't that the truth.

I used to drive East for 15 minutes and watch the games in bars. It was a great Sunday afternoon, watching the games with other fans, making new friends. I still go out and watch the games once in a while but that sort of forced me out there. It was fun.

For me personally, I don't go to any more games than I normally would when they're not televised. I go to 1-4 games per year and about half the playoff games. For years I would go to almost all of them, including having seasons for like 6 years, all the SB plus the two before that. If I want to see a game I see a game.

I hope they change it back someday but I'm not holding my breath.

I tend to target those games on the schedule that are the least likely to sell out and buy tickets for those games. This year, the Cards seemed like a natural pick. The Bills always benefit by getting tickets sold to the opposition's fans... the Cards are a poor draw in Arizona, so that means the game would have to sell out exclusively on Bills fans. I bought tickets for the game this year.

Demon
08-15-2004, 01:52 AM
Originally posted by BillsRockSOMUCH
I can't wait to see Losman, McGahee, and Evans

You and me both. I am expecting huge things from Lee Evans, even from this season. I think he's good enough to be starting along side Eric Moulds right now. We'll see how he does tonight though.

The_Philster
08-15-2004, 05:38 AM
I still have to clean my grill and pick up a couple of items on the way for the tailgate but overall, I'm ready :biggrin: :cheers:

Halbert
08-16-2004, 04:06 PM
btw - do any of the towns south of Rochester still get the local games that aren't sold out? I don't think so anymore but if I'm wrong maybe I need to find a bar down there somewhere.

Halbert
08-17-2004, 07:20 PM
Anybody know?