PDA

View Full Version : The Defensive Tackles

Tatonka
08-15-2004, 10:02 AM
there really is a great battle at DT this year. it is a nice problem to have i guess. i was wondering how many you think we will keep, and who they will be.

i am saying they will go with 5 DTs this year, instead of four. the shame of it is, a good DT or a young promising DT is gonna get cut.

the locks -

pat williams - starter
sam adams - starter
tim anderson - by virtue of his recent draft position.. you dont cut players drafted on the first day.

then there is a group of guys all fighting for the last 2 spots

ron edwards - he got hurt last year after showing some flashes of picking up what pat williams has been teaching him. i think he is potentially the best of the backups.
justin bannan - he is a former 4th round draft pick who looks like he has bulked up a good deal this year for camp. if he is cut, it would seem like a total waste of a midround pick that should be good enough to make the roster.
oliver gibson - i just dont see how he makes the team. i know we need veteran leadership, blah blah.. but we have sam and pat.. we got the old guys covered.. it would be nice if we could keep him, but i think that bannan and edwards make it over him. i could be wrong.. bannan could be the odd man out.
lavern sape - guy is a small scrub that has zero chance of making the team.

Goobylal
08-15-2004, 10:39 AM
Bannan was a 5th rounder, so not as high that you'd be worried about wasting a pick. I heard from the BB MB that Gibson was cut yesterday but haven't seen confirmation of that anywhere else, and Gibson is still listed on the roster at BB.com. If the Bills keep 5 DT's, I guess Bannan would get it by default, but I'm wholly unimpressed with him. Maybe a pickup from another team after final cuts?

Hemlepp53
08-15-2004, 10:44 AM
Bannan Should Get It Done... The Rest Are To Risky...

The Spaz
08-15-2004, 10:52 AM
Originally posted by Tatonka
there really is a great battle at DT this year. it is a nice problem to have i guess. i was wondering how many you think we will keep, and who they will be.

i am saying they will go with 5 DTs this year, instead of four. the shame of it is, a good DT or a young promising DT is gonna get cut.

the locks -

pat williams - starter
sam adams - starter
tim anderson - by virtue of his recent draft position.. you dont cut players drafted on the first day.

ron edwards - he got hurt last year after showing some flashes of picking up what pat williams has been teaching him. i think he is potentially the best of the backups.
justin bannan - he is a former 4th round draft pick who looks like he has bulked up a good deal this year for camp. if he is cut, it would seem like a total waste of a midround pick that should be good enough to make the roster.
oliver gibson - i just dont see how he makes the team. i know we need veteran leadership, blah blah.. but we have sam and pat.. we got the old guys covered.. it would be nice if we could keep him, but i think that bannan and edwards make it over him. i could be wrong.. bannan could be the odd man out.

Glad you saw the light with Sape he is a scrub. Lovern Sape!:rofl::lol:

bernielivsey_1
08-15-2004, 12:05 PM
:rolleyes: Remember Williams might not be hear next year so we need guys around for next year to start in his place. ;)

Tatonka
08-15-2004, 01:05 PM
i think that to call bannan a scrub at this point is incorrect.. we have invested 2 years in bannan.. and 3 in edwards.. we need these guys to come through for us and be the future, so that we dont have to spend big money on FA's to replace sam and pat when they are done.

Michael82
08-15-2004, 01:50 PM
Originally posted by Tatonka

the locks -

pat williams - starter
sam adams - starter

I totally agree with you. Bannan has bulked up a lot and from what I've seen at camp so far, he looks to be better at stuffing the run and getting to the QB. Gibson is probably the odd one out, but don't forget...Krumrie could be the reason why Gibson stays. If that is the case, Bannan and Sape are gone. Either way, Sape is gone.

SABURZFAN
08-15-2004, 02:39 PM
i hear that anderson is doing well.

anybody got some info on him?

Mikey....chop chop......what's the deal?

TigerJ
08-15-2004, 03:05 PM
I think Adams, Williams, Anderson, and Edwards are locks to make the team barring injury. I don't know if Buffalo will carry more that four on their roster, but if they do, I think the fifth spot will belong to the winner of competition between Bannan and Gibson. I think Sape is almost a guarranteed cut.