PDA

View Full Version : Our future big 3...can they be good enough?

bernielivsey_1
08-15-2004, 09:24 PM
:confused2 Our future big 3...can they be good enough? As good as Montana, Rice, Craig or Troy, Emmitt, Irvin, or Warner Bruce, Faulk. Can these young guys accomplish at least one Super Bowl or will they light it up like Manning, James, Harrison without the ring? :confused2

ScottLawrence
08-15-2004, 09:43 PM
I didn't see much out of Evans but, hes the last im worried about of the 3. Losman, and McGahee looked great though:)

Mr. Cynical
08-15-2004, 09:50 PM
We may never know if the oline never gets fixed. :cynic:

All of the others you mentioned had capable lines and ours flat out sucks.

Goobylal
08-15-2004, 09:59 PM
The O-line isn't as bad as it looked. They've been playing with several starters missing, and Pukecillo sucks. Once they replace him, ideally with someone halfway decent, and they get playing time together, things will be much better.

bernielivsey_1
08-15-2004, 10:03 PM
Future big 3 means future O line Smith, McFarland, Sobieski, Vallarili Williams? + McNally

OpIv37
08-15-2004, 10:07 PM
Originally posted by Mr. Cynical
We may never know if the oline never gets fixed. :cynic:

All of the others you mentioned had capable lines and ours flat out sucks.

I have to agree with this assessment- Losman and McGahee have the potential to be as good as anyone in the game if they can avoid injury and take the time to learn.... but without an oline their talent will be meaningless.

Spiderweb
08-16-2004, 02:31 AM
The O-Line is in serious need of over hauling. McNally hasn't seemed to spin any of his "magic" with our group, at least not yet.

B-DON
08-16-2004, 02:59 AM
i it doesnt mean much for this year but i guarantee wwe bulk up the line in free agency and draft next year since we really dont need much else maybe de

Brian Cohen
08-16-2004, 03:15 AM
first of all, o-line is a matter of coaching and experience, not pure talent. How many of you listened to the
Coach and inferred that Glen Parker and Dusty Ziegler were not NFL quality linemen ???? When those men were united with Coach McNally they became Super Bowl quality linemen......perhaps the players we have are better than they have appeared, as they have not yet had quality coaching in the NFL.

C'mon honestly evaluate what you saw tonight........if you did see the game.....This team finally has legitimate coaching, no more excuses are acceptable-------players were put in a position to succeed for a change--penalties were few..etc, etc....... Losman was excellent and McGahee was very good and executed what he was given--there is at minimum a solid base for the future

Brian Cohen
08-16-2004, 03:19 AM
As an aside, what is wrong with Buffalo 66?? It really captured a "sense of place"....I have not lived in Buffalo for 15 years, but felt the movie really captured the spirit of the area....please extrapolate...

bernielivsey_1
08-16-2004, 01:53 PM
:( Your right it did show what Buffalo is like but not in a good light. We have enough to worry about with the city dying and all. I know a few households like the one depicted but I dont want the world to know how this place really is. Besides I thought it was a bad movie period.

bernielivsey_1
08-16-2004, 01:53 PM
.:pow: I'd rather have Buffalo known for Russert not Gallo. :2guns:

natefan22
08-16-2004, 02:23 PM
yo berni where do u go to see ur bills games or do u have direct tv

bernielivsey_1
08-16-2004, 02:45 PM
:rolleyes: There's a Bills Backers Bar (Michaels Sports Bar) in Fishkill, NY about 40 mins south from Kingston. I just moved here about 2 months ago so I'm still looking for some place closer and I dont have direct tv. If you hear of any email me at bernielivsey_1 at yahoo or juno.com. :cool:

bernielivsey_1
08-16-2004, 03:03 PM
Nate - Theres other clubs at this site http://www2.buffalobills.com/fans/bills_backers2.cfm?cont_id=25741

or

HUDSON VALLEY

"HUDSON VALLEY BILLS BACKERS"

ADDRESS: 17 Streit Ave, Poughkeepsie, NY 12603
PHONE NUMBER: (845) 485-3130
EMAIL: hudsonvalleybb@earthlink.net
SECOND CONTACT: Rebecca Parenti
ADDRESS: 17 Streit Ave, Poughkeepsie, NY 12603
PHONE NUMBER: (845) 485-3130
EMAIL: drjparenti@earthlink.net
MEETING PLACE: Michael's Restaurant & Sports Bar
ADDRESS: Fishkill Plaza on Route 9 North, Fishkill, NY 12524