PDA

View Full Version : Missing, One Wide Receiver....

OpIv37
08-15-2004, 10:05 PM
Answers to the name "Lee Evans". Last seen wearing #83 in Pittsford, NY.

I saw him on the field a few times but I think they only threw to him once. I was impressed with Losman and McGahee, but why wasn't Evans more involved in the offense?

The Spaz
08-15-2004, 10:08 PM
It's a run first offense with no game planning very vanilla there not going to show anything right now.

BAM
08-15-2004, 10:08 PM
This is the million dollar question.

:idea:

I wouldn't worry about it too much, just the first preseason game :up:

OpIv37
08-15-2004, 10:11 PM
Originally posted by The Spaz
It's a run first offense with no game planning very vanilla there not going to show anything right now.

Noted- I didn't expect him to be featured, but when you spend a first round draft pick on a guy, my guess is that you'd want to get him some experience as soon as possible.

The Spaz
08-15-2004, 10:13 PM
Originally posted by OpIv37
Noted- I didn't expect him to be featured, but when you spend a first round draft pick on a guy, my guess is that you'd want to get him some experience as soon as possible.

He played got experience. I'm not worried plus he's 1st team they didn't play too much.

HenryRules
08-15-2004, 10:14 PM
He's a rookie WR ... I think expectations are too high for him this season.

OpIv37
08-15-2004, 10:17 PM
Originally posted by The Spaz
He played got experience. I'm not worried plus he's 1st team they didn't play too much.

Yeah guess I didn't think of that- the first team didn't use too many 3 receiver sets.

Originally posted by HenryRules
He's a rookie WR ... I think expectations are too high for him this season.

Expectations are too high for most rookies- I just wanted them to get the ball in his hands once or twice to see what happened.

Ebenezer
08-15-2004, 10:25 PM
Originally posted by OpIv37

Did you see what happened to Denver's Watts (second round pick this year)?? He played the whole game and almost got decapitated in the 4th quarter by Rashad Baker...I don't want that happening to Evans.

thenry20
08-15-2004, 11:17 PM
All Evans needs to learn is how to get around CB's and fly down the sidelines. He's not a possession receiver nor will he play the slot much, if at all.

What's to learn?