PDA

View Full Version : My take on the game

PromoTheRobot
08-15-2004, 10:30 PM
I watched the game on NFL Network. These are my random observations:

Bledsoe may be our #1, but what a difference it makes to have a QB that can move! The O-Line may still be a problem, but T.Brown and JP-Lo looked more effective, albeit against 2nd and 3rd stringers.

Defense looked solid, especially the pass rush. Jake Plummer will be having nightmares of #94 chasing him. We need to get Schoebel signed.

4-seconds? How about 2! That's about all Drew had behind the O-Line.

I'm not writing off Travis Henry. The bad O-Line play hurt his game too.

McGahee was impressive. Not so much fast as elusive. He may wind up being Donahoe's best pick.

T-Brown looked good. JP-Lo reminded me of another #7, except he didn't have to leap in the air when he threw the ball.

Lastly, I think it reflects well on Coach Mularkey and his staff that the Bills played a reletively penalty-free game. Remember how undisciplined they were under GW? Maybe it was just not having Ruben Brown around jumping early.

PTR

BAM
08-15-2004, 10:35 PM
Originally posted by PromoTheRobot
Maybe it was just not having Ruben Brown around jumping early.

:snicker:

Thank god that bum's off the roster.

thenry20
08-15-2004, 11:14 PM
Man, I guess you guys have selective memories but the rest of the line played like crap against the first stringers. It matters not who's under center.

If they keep this up, we'll be luck to win 6 again!

Please be objective.

:o:

Bill Brasky
08-15-2004, 11:21 PM
Originally posted by thenry20

Please be objective.

:rofl: yeah, that will happen.

LtBillsFan66
08-15-2004, 11:44 PM
We got turnovers. That's what stood out to me. :up:

Mr. Cynical
08-16-2004, 12:01 AM
Originally posted by billsfanone
We got turnovers. That's what stood out to me. :up:

Yeah, that was a really, really nice change of pace. That was the key component missing from our D last year and if they can get that number up when it counts, it will be fun to watch.

Watch the D make a sack.
Watch the D make an interception.
Go out and get more beer while the O plays.
Come back and watch the D make a sack.
Cheer when they make an interception.
Go out and get more chips while the O plays.
Come back and watch the D make a sack....

:D

SABURZFAN
08-16-2004, 02:59 AM
Originally posted by PromoTheRobot
I watched the game on NFL Network. These are my random observations:

Bledsoe may be our #1, but what a difference it makes to have a QB that can move! The O-Line may still be a problem, but T.Brown and JP-Lo looked more effective, albeit against 2nd and 3rd stringers.

Defense looked solid, especially the pass rush. Jake Plummer will be having nightmares of #94 chasing him. We need to get Schoebel signed.

4-seconds? How about 2! That's about all Drew had behind the O-Line.

I'm not writing off Travis Henry. The bad O-Line play hurt his game too.

McGahee was impressive. Not so much fast as elusive. He may wind up being Donahoe's best pick.

T-Brown looked good. JP-Lo reminded me of another #7, except he didn't have to leap in the air when he threw the ball.

Lastly, I think it reflects well on Coach Mularkey and his staff that the Bills played a reletively penalty-free game. Remember how undisciplined they were under GW? Maybe it was just not having Ruben Brown around jumping early.

PTR

i'm still curious what Biff Beeper has to say though.:D

Indy Bills Fan
08-16-2004, 03:25 AM
I think that WM is getting all the glory. And TH was getting hammered out there. They were in our backfield EVERY time that TH was handed the ball. He only had 4 or 5 carries, but not once could he get back to the line of scrimage without getting hit. And forget about the line opening holes for him. Don't get me wrong, I like WM and hope he turns out to be the next TT. But I like TH also. He has played his heart out for us and gets no respect? I don't get it.